PDA

View Full Version : installing wolves of steel

midnightrider1818
12-14-14, 09:06 AM
Can somebody explain to me step 5 and 6 of installing the wolves of steel. I am confused on the tdw generic patcher and the next step.i read the instructions but I am still confused. Do you have to do this for the wolves of steel thanks mates

bart
12-14-14, 11:21 AM
Can somebody explain to me step 5 and 6 of installing the wolves of steel. I am confused on the tdw generic patcher and the next step.i read the instructions but I am still confused. Do you have to do this for the wolves of steel thanks mates

Yes you have to follow the install instructions to the letter.

The one's included in Dragon's version I found to be a little clearer. Here is what he includes in his pack on a word doc. for installing his mod. They are very similar to the standard WoS mod and may be a little clearer for you. Once you have done the patcher once it really is easy to use. Full credit to TDW for this excellent tool.

All credit goes to Dragon for these well written instructions.......hope they help you out a little. Persevere, it really is worth the trouble as they are awesome mod packs.

Game Installation:

- Install Silent Hunter 5

- Install Silent Hunter 5 Patch 1.0.2eu

- Make a Backup-Copy of the installation path. If something goes wrong you do not need to reinstall SH5 again.

Preparation:

- Unzip JS Generic Mod Enabler and copy the files into the installation path of SH5. The MODS folder have to be in the same path as the SH5.exe is located. (Do not create a specific folder)

- Copy all Mods (maintain the folder structure) into the MODS folder.

- Open: My Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg and replace following parts:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
; The first value is the default one, the second value is used when 'travel mode' is activated.
; The two values should be separated by a comma.
; If only one value is specified, that value is used for both default and travel mode.
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=1,256
CriticalDamage=1,256
CrewEfficiency=128
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=32
FriendDetected=1
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=256
Particles=32
PrayState=1
HunterState=1
3DRender=512
Maximum=512

...and...

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
;MenuEditor=Yes
;DebugScripts=Yes

Mods Installation:

- Start JS Generic Mod enabler. (JSGME.exe)
- Choose: Tasks > Load mod profile > Dragons WoS Addon – Modprofile.mep
- You should see the following order of mods:
The Wolves of Steel 1.02
The Wolves of Steel 1.02_Patch 5
The Wolves of Steel 1.02 – Realistic_Hydrophone_1_1
Dragons WoS Addon
- If you don't want to have german texts then please ignore or delete:
Raven Corax' German Patch v4

- Start TDW GenericPatcher. (TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_164_0)
- Choose English
- Click in the Menu: File > Open
- The TDW GenericPatcher will now ask for some file locations. All the files are located in the SH5 installation path, parallel to the SH5.exe
- All files will get edited so just click [YES].
- Once all the files are choosen and edited you will see a list.
- Choose: File > Restore snapshot > Dragons_GenericPatcher_Snapshot.gps

- Start OptionsFileEditorViewer. (\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer)
- Choose English
- File > Set path to menu.txt (\data\Menu\menu.txt)
- File > Set SH5 install path (SH5 installation path)
- File > Open (the first) (\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py)
- You have to save the file now. Sadly the save button is disabled. To enable it you have to edit a entry. Choose a entry, change it, save the file, change the entry back to the value before and save the file again.

Hints:

- You should run Uplay in offline mode and disable the upload of the save games into the cloud. Else the save games get damaged and you get crashes by trying to load them.

- Start Silent Hunter 5 and begin a new campagne. You are in the Tutorial now. Save the game and close SH5.
- Open: My Documents\SH5\data\cfg\CareerHistory.cfg
- Set the entry: HasCompletedTutorial=true

- Start Silent Hunter 5 again. Once you are in the campaigne screen, type in silentotto to unlock all the campaignes.

- When you are in the bunker after you choose a campagne you can set your level of realism in the game options.

- Included in the mod paket are three UI types:
- SH5 Enhanced (default)
- SH4 Style
- SH3 Style
- You can change them by using the OptionsFileEditorViewer(\data\Applications\Options FileEditorViewer) open the tab "UI" and change the values.