PDA

View Full Version : Xmodels Installation

Nukesub
12-06-14, 07:01 PM
Ahoy shipmates,

I have never modded DW before and was thinking of trying the Xmodels mod that changes the models of the subs.

For reference, I have the steam version of DW. I have DLed Xmodels but there is no readme and google searches have come up fairly dry.

Is this a difficult mod to install? And does anyone know where I can find a readme for it?

Thanks! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Tango589
12-07-14, 08:24 AM
In my opinion, never having used Xmodels, I would recommend installing LWAMI mod. This gives you the Xmodels skins, as well a whole bunch of other changes and improvements to in-game sensors, weapon capabilities and more. The d/l can be found and (http://www.subguru.com/downloads.html) is easy to install, comes with a good readme and various other utilities. Happy hunting!:salute:

Tango589
12-07-14, 08:30 AM
Ps. In the above post, the Hyperlink is in the word and. Sorry for any confusion.:salute:

Nukesub
12-07-14, 10:46 AM
In my opinion, never having used Xmodels, I would recommend installing LWAMI mod. This gives you the Xmodels skins, as well a whole bunch of other changes and improvements to in-game sensors, weapon capabilities and more. The d/l can be found and (http://www.subguru.com/downloads.html) is easy to install, comes with a good readme and various other utilities. Happy hunting!:salute:

Ahoy tango, thank you for the advice. My only concern is that the LWAMI mod will complicate missions designed for stock. And furthermore, not every mission scenario on subguru denotes whether or not it is intended for stock or LWAMI (I think). What I mean is, for example, I believe LWAMI makes the sub louder and easier to detect, or perhaps it makes the enemies smarter/have better hearing. Regardless, some missions may start me out a 5 kts when I should, in fairness, start at 3 kts.

What do you think? :hmmm:

Tango589
12-08-14, 08:52 AM
Ahoy tango, thank you for the advice. My only concern is that the LWAMI mod will complicate missions designed for stock. And furthermore, not every mission scenario on subguru denotes whether or not it is intended for stock or LWAMI (I think). What I mean is, for example, I believe LWAMI makes the sub louder and easier to detect, or perhaps it makes the enemies smarter/have better hearing. Regardless, some missions may start me out a 5 kts when I should, in fairness, start at 3 kts.

What do you think? :hmmm:
The mod does improve enemy capabilities, this is true. However, I'm no whizz at DW and these things are not insurmountable. If you have a mission that starts you at 5 kts and you find yourself being immediately detected, use the mission editor to reduce your starting speed to 3 kts!:up:

Good hunting!

Nukesub
12-09-14, 12:32 AM
The mod does improve enemy capabilities, this is true. However, I'm no whizz at DW and these things are not insurmountable. If you have a mission that starts you at 5 kts and you find yourself being immediately detected, use the mission editor to reduce your starting speed to 3 kts!:up:

Good hunting!

Tango, thank you for the tip shipmate! I will def. use the mission editor.

On a side note, I have installed LWAMI mod. It will take some getting used to, having only played stock the last few months. Do you know, are there mirror/ghost contacts on the sphere like there are on the towed in LWAMI mod? Just making sure.

Tango589
12-09-14, 09:56 AM
Not as far as I'm aware, only ghost contacts on the towed array.