PDA

View Full Version : Baza File (SH5) For SH3

nelruid
10-08-14, 04:36 PM
Hello!
Here I leave this file so try it and let me know your opinion on the outcome of this experiment. Do not put pictures, if someone can place them you thank you very much. Are you going to like the effects of smoke, explosions and bubbles of this work, those who are good at programming here can improve this program. It is for SH3, only replaces and places the files in their respective places. You keep the original files on the desktop if you have to remove zone.cfg in particular. Not be if the effects are the same in SH5 since I can not use it in laptop. Thank you and enjoy it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rhscmz25m0r86y/Baza%20File%20For%20SH3.rar?dl=0

! Beautiful pics thanks to Fitzcarraldo ! :salute:

Anvar1061
10-09-14, 02:32 AM
SSS
The first test showed that it works!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/smilies/Kaleun_Thumbs_Up-1.gifhttp://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/smilies/Kaleun_Thumbs_Up-1.gifhttp://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/smilies/Kaleun_Thumbs_Up-1.gif

fitzcarraldo
10-09-14, 06:36 AM
Screenies of the mod in action:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=83681

Post 11607.

Many thanks for sharing! The mod looks very well indeed!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

iambecomelife
10-14-14, 11:31 PM
Great work! Have you been able to get the big, red and purple explosions to appear (see the SH5 screenshot below)? I tried to add them to SH4 but I have not been able to.

http://s27.postimg.org/s4w3slx1f/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

nelruid
10-15-14, 08:05 PM
Great work! Have you been able to get the big, red and purple explosions to appear (see the SH5 screenshot below)? I tried to add them to SH4 but I have not been able to.

http://s27.postimg.org/s4w3slx1f/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

I hope it is what you were trying to. Let me know how you did with this file. Please if it works for you please you can put photos, I can not do it with my laptop, thank you. :yeah:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jl4mtj4ij9lsh1n/Baza%20%28SH5%29%20Effect%20for%20SH4.rar?dl=1

iambecomelife
10-16-14, 05:36 PM
Never mind - figured out how to do it myself. Thank you!

makman94
10-16-14, 08:02 PM
Hello!
Here I leave this file so try it and let me know your opinion on the outcome of this experiment. Do not put pictures, if someone can place them you thank you very much. Are you going to like the effects of smoke, explosions and bubbles of this work, those who are good at programming here can improve this program. It is for SH3, only replaces and places the files in their respective places. You keep the original files on the desktop if you have to remove zone.cfg in particular. Not be if the effects are the same in SH5 since I can not use it in laptop. Thank you and enjoy it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rhscmz25m0r86y/Baza%20File%20For%20SH3.rar?dl=0

! Beautiful pics thanks to Fitzcarraldo ! :salute:

hello Nelruid and wellcome to subsim :up:

very nice explosions indead and surely a very nice mod (especially the smokes are incredible!) but i think that needs some adjustments at mod's parameters as most of the features looks a little bit odd ( other look extremely huge ,other look very very fast...things like that)

nelruid
10-20-14, 03:36 PM
hello Nelruid and wellcome to subsim :up:

very nice explosions indead and surely a very nice mod (especially the smokes are incredible!) but i think that needs some adjustments at mod's parameters as most of the features looks a little bit odd ( other look extremely huge ,other look very very fast...things like that)

Thank you for your words. It is true that we must improve it, just wanted to show that using the new versions (SH5) files can improve the SH3.:yep:

chrysanthos
11-05-14, 07:43 AM
i think i already copy paste that file into my sh4 library and all of the sudden all smoke particle and fires becomes rectangular O.o now i have to make copy from stock again:/

BigWalleye
11-05-14, 08:21 AM
i think i already copy paste that file into my sh4 library and all of the sudden all smoke particle and fires becomes rectangular O.o now i have to make copy from stock again:/

Before you change any file, it is prudent to always make a back-up copy. It is much less work than a re-install.

"Jesus saves. You should too." - M. Ryback

chrysanthos
11-05-14, 02:14 PM
well i try again via jone soft and still the same:/

nelruid
11-05-14, 02:59 PM
well i try again via jone soft and still the same:/

Please, sorry for this. Remove my file zone.cfg and try with your original file.
:up:

chrysanthos
11-09-14, 05:07 AM
ok then i will give it a try in both versions....i hope you are right:/

chrysanthos
11-10-14, 06:47 AM
still the same error....oh whatever

iambecomelife
02-14-15, 06:08 PM
still the same error....oh whatever

I got the same error, but I solved the problem! :) There is an error in the mod. The "zones.cfg" file extracts to the root SH3 file. It should be in the "Data" folder. Here's how to resolve:

1) Extract the mod to JSGME's mods folder. DO NOT INSTALL YET.

2) Open the "Baza File For SH3" folder in the MODS directory.

3) Move "zones.cfg" file into the "Data" folder.

4) Install the mod with JSGME, and enjoy!

The problem was that SH3 was not reading the updated zones.cfg file because it was in the wrong place - therefore, it did not display the effects properly. I did this and it worked like a charm. I will be uploading a corrected version of the mod.

Good work, nevertheless - it could happen to anyone! :D

Fubar2Niner
02-15-15, 05:39 AM
......... I will be uploading a corrected version of the mod...........

Ooooohh........ When, when ?? :03:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Plissken_04
02-15-15, 06:19 AM
@all

You can find the corrected Version on my Server :salute:

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/NELRUID/Baza%20File%20For%20SH3.7z

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

So Long

Maik

Fubar2Niner
02-15-15, 07:08 AM
@Maik

Thanks a lot mate :salute:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

limkol
02-15-15, 01:04 PM
Hello Guys,

Tried to download this 3 times using both Chrome and Firefox. Does anyone know if there is a problem with Plissken's server right now?
Chrome says there is a network error and I can't open the file from Firefox using the usual Zip programs.

Fubar2Niner
02-15-15, 01:45 PM
@limkol

You'd be better using an ftp server such as filezilla:

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=server

Way more reliable than any web based browser mate, filezilla is easy to use too.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

limkol
02-15-15, 02:27 PM
Thanks again Fubar.

I can't understand this......I just tried to download the file with Internet Explorer (which I never, never use!)....and it worked:up:

I've been downloading mods since the days when a pint of bitter cost a pound and never had a problem.

The Net has been behaving very strangely today here in Denmark:doh:

chrysanthos
02-15-15, 02:30 PM
the only thing its missing are the flame sounds and explosions....ok now i am going to try it in silent hunter 4 see you:D

iambecomelife
02-16-15, 05:20 PM
A few more thoughts:

I found out that for some of the Baza effects explosions you can replace the existing explosion and alpha channel easily with an explosion of your choice. With a little knowledge of S3ditor it should be possible to create different shell impact effects or explosion effects once a ship is destroyed.

There could be numerous unique effects developed with cloning and tinkering with the zones.cfg file:

-Cordite explosions for when a warship's magazine is breached
-Gasoline explosions for tankers
-Boiler explosions for when engine rooms take a critical hit
-Bigger and smaller shell impact explosions to represent battleship guns, destroyer guns, and so forth
-Electrical explosions & sparks representing damaged ship generators
-Steam explosions if turbines are destroyed
-Massive explosions for ammunition ships

I will probably be doing more work on these files soon.

These files have a lot of possibilities.

Jeff-Groves
02-16-15, 05:31 PM
Seeing as the Baza file is nothing but a particles file?
It's always been an option to make new effects since SH3 came out.
S3D made it even easier to do this as you don't need to know how to hex.
:03:

What has been missing is a way to view the particles stuff.
Install SH5 and you can view them.

Plague
02-16-15, 08:22 PM
I have a question about zones.cfg file.

I'm using "GWX-Ehnanced Damage Effects", and I would like to use "Baza file for SH3" and "TDW_Ejecting_Pilots_v2_0_SH3".
All these mods have their own zones.cfg file and it's impossible to merge them since they have hundreds of differences.

In addiction, I'm not expert on modding so I don't know what those differences are about.

Do you have any suggestion?

iambecomelife
02-17-15, 08:24 PM
I have a question about zones.cfg file.

I'm using "GWX-Ehnanced Damage Effects", and I would like to use "Baza file for SH3" and "TDW_Ejecting_Pilots_v2_0_SH3".
All these mods have their own zones.cfg file and it's impossible to merge them since they have hundreds of differences.

In addiction, I'm not expert on modding so I don't know what those differences are about.

Do you have any suggestion?

The only solution is to modify each mod's zones.cfg manually to get the mix of effects you want. However, it's very straightforward, and doesn't take much time.

iambecomelife
02-17-15, 08:27 PM
Seeing as the Baza file is nothing but a particles file?
It's always been an option to make new effects since SH3 came out.
S3D made it even easier to do this as you don't need to know how to hex.

What has been missing is a way to view the particles stuff.
Install SH5 and you can view them.

I'm now stumped with something...how to make the Baza effects bigger ingame? I would like ammunition ships to produce huge explosions, so I tried resizing the 3d model of the grey_expl texture...so far, no dice. The explosions are still standard size. S3ditor cannot read the entire Baza file properly; some parameters are represented by weird characters. Back to the drawing board!

Jeff-Groves
02-17-15, 10:10 PM
S3ditor cannot read the entire Baza file properly; some parameters are represented by weird characters. Back to the drawing board!
Sure it can if you have the .cs files that were adjusted for S3D long ago.
:yep:

iambecomelife
02-17-15, 10:30 PM
Sure it can if you have the .cs files that were adjusted for S3D long ago.
:yep:

I feel like a dunce now...I wish I knew how to do this!! Are you saying you have something that could help??

Thanks much! :D

Jeff-Groves
02-17-15, 10:36 PM
I feel like a dunce now...I wish I knew how to do this!! Are you saying you have something that could help??

Thanks much! :D
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1455244#post1455244

I use JSGME to move them in and out of S3D as needed.

iambecomelife
02-18-15, 12:42 AM
Thanks, but unfortunately I am getting error messages when I try to use them with the last version of S3ditor. The thread says these .cs files have to be modified to be compatible...? I've started trying to do this but I'm still kind of feeling my way along.:88)

Jeff-Groves
02-18-15, 01:17 AM
Thanks, but unfortunately I am getting error messages when I try to use them with the last version of S3ditor. The thread says these .cs files have to be modified to be compatible...? I've started trying to do this but I'm still kind of feeling my way along.:88)

I only import the particles folder if I recall right.
I'll have to set it all up again to be sure.

iambecomelife
02-18-15, 05:34 PM
I only import the particles folder if I recall right.
I'll have to set it all up again to be sure.

If it's not too much trouble could you try do that? I'd be very grateful. :yep:

I managed to add some SH5 entries to the existing particles.cs for Pack3d v0.99 without suffering crashes, but I still can't edit all parameters of the Baza files. I'm clearly still missing something here.

Jeff-Groves
02-18-15, 05:39 PM
Ya I'll do that. I have S3D installed and latest JSGME to install to S3D.
I'll set it all up again and post a link if any files are changed.
Other then that I'll post instructions.
Mostly I still work in Hex with 010 Editor.

iambecomelife
02-18-15, 05:43 PM
Thanks so much!!! I'm a pyromaniac, so this is a must for me...lol. I've had lots of fun tweaking zones.cfg and the Baza stuff that I can already access (and sadistically watching SH3 ships' demises) - eagerly awaiting this. :rotfl2:

Jeff-Groves
02-18-15, 06:09 PM
Thanks so much!!! I'm a pyromaniac, so this is a must for me...lol. I've had lots of fun tweaking zones.cfg and the Baza stuff that I can already access (and sadistically watching SH3 ships' demises) - eagerly awaiting this. :rotfl2:

Well I see I'll need to adjust some of the files. Wish I hadn't had lost my originals now.
May even still have them backed up to the external.
:hmmm:

OK. Found some early adjustments. I'll go through the files and re-do them again.
My early version doesn't crash S3D but is not complete.
The stuff skwasjer made downloadable was ment to work with version 1.0 of S3D which never was released.

iambecomelife
02-18-15, 07:11 PM
Well I see I'll need to adjust some of the files. Wish I hadn't had lost my originals now.
May even still have them backed up to the external.

OK. Found some early adjustments. I'll go through the files and re-do them again.
My early version doesn't crash S3D but is not complete.
The stuff skwasjer made downloadable was ment to work with version 1.0 of S3D which never was released.

Yes; I noticed a screenshot on the S3d thread where the Baza effects were being opened using version 1.0. Really made me wish that he had released it...Thanks again for the assist.

Jeff-Groves
02-18-15, 07:21 PM
Yes; I noticed a screenshot on the S3d thread where the Baza effects were being opened using version 1.0. Really made me wish that he had released it...Thanks again for the assist.

I know the .cs files that were done by Urfish and others were linked at one time but since have vanished.

Good thing I sent the files to the external drive. I believe it was the version just before the final seeing how far down the exception starts in S3D.
And they are the 0.9.9 version files.

iambecomelife
02-19-15, 05:28 PM
Any luck? :yeah:I made another attempt at meddling with .cs files, and still can't get a crash-proof, Baza compatible install of S3d.

Jeff-Groves
02-19-15, 08:05 PM
Try this.
https://www.mediafire.com/?yks4cs3acbnugtg

Let me know if you see a problem.

I forgot to comment TimeToStart
X = Delay time, in seconds.
Y = Variation in seconds.

iambecomelife
02-19-15, 09:46 PM
Working like a charm! Thanks for unleashing my destructive impulses - it was very kind of you.

Jeff-Groves
02-19-15, 10:08 PM
Working like a charm! Thanks for unleashing my destructive impulses - it was very kind of you.
If it helps others it's worth the time to adjust the files.
Maybe I won't lose them this time around.

Fubar2Niner
02-20-15, 11:16 AM

Any chance of a screenshot or three IABL and perhaps you wouldn't mind uploading your file please :salute:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

iambecomelife
06-18-15, 04:31 PM
Any chance of a screenshot or three IABL and perhaps you wouldn't mind uploading your file please :salute:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Sorry for lateness but here: Note the replacement of the stock deck gun shell explosion at 5:16 to 5:21 in the video....It is based on the "final explosion" from SH5/Baza file. I like it but it's a little too big IMO for an 88mm shell, so I will be working on it some more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHb3u1F7KSk