PDA

View Full Version : Into max realism; Which mega mod to use?

Nimmo55
10-05-14, 04:24 PM
Hello. Coming back to The Silent Hunter series after several years. I really got into SH3 and SH4, and I aimed for maximum realism in everything (well, ok, i didn't put the sim on real time as I transitted from port to the hunting grounds, but as soon as a contact was seen, I used real navigation, no assists, full realism re targeting solution etc. You get the idea...)

I now want to invest time in SH5. BUT, I have to say that the absolute proliferation of mods, which in if itself, is a fantastic thing, is simply overwhelming me. I simply do not know where or how to start, even with the excellent threads out there to assist SH5 modding newbies such as myself. It is too overwhelming. So...I figure one of the mega mods is the way to go. But even they are somewhat impenetrable; great prices of work, but what do all the mods mean???

Here I sm asking for help from you gurus. As I am into max realism in my SH gaming experience, WHICH of the mods is about maximum realism? I know that each mega mod is likely to have its own emphasis. But given this, in people's subjective experience, which mega mod has a particular focus on unrelenting realism, and doesn't make too many concessions for gameplay.

After views and guidance. Thanks in advance.

Apoll :)

THE_MASK
10-05-14, 04:45 PM
At the moment there is a problem with the tonnage bar not filling up . Trying to figure that one out . Other than that , here is an over view of the realism that my mod list gives you .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374
Waves are rolling and makes it hard to sink targets in heavy waves .
Damaged ships use a smoke screen .
Some nights are dark like in real life .
IRAI mod makes the AI unpredictable and extremely difficult .
Real navigation makes it possible to get lost on the map .
No childish yellow trasers from planes or ships .
No ability to load previous saves .
A whole lot more as well . Extremely difficult to stay alive like in real life .

Nimmo55
10-05-14, 05:31 PM
Sober, thank you very much for replying. Much appreciated. Yes, am looking at your mod...looks what I'm after. You also, I think, prefer max realism. Notwithstanding any other advice, I shall try your mod.

Thanks.

Nimmo55