PDA

View Full Version : Docking at Harbor mod request

exce
09-07-14, 02:18 PM
Hello

Ive been looking for a mod that lets you actually dock at a Harbor submarine bay. Take Kiel for example, im sick of returning to base, make my 180 turn and back up into the dock then crash the boat into the entrance, im dying for a mod to allow me to take the boat all the way in :)

on a side note, did uboats go aft first into the docks?

THEBERBSTER
09-07-14, 07:25 PM
A warm welcome ‘exce’ to the Subsim family.:subsim:

You will always find someone here to help you.:)

Link to my SH5 – SH4 posts:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It:salute:

Also Included Are Some Useful Download Links

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804)

You can use TDW’Generic File Patcher with STEAM see my Tutorial Post #125

Sounds like you are playing the stock game.

Using an interface allows you to end your patrol so you do not have to go in to the bunker.

Gerald
09-07-14, 07:30 PM
Glad you logged in here.:up:

exce
09-09-14, 10:32 AM
Hey, THEBERBSTER and thanks for your relpy.

Your link looks really helpful and ill check it out.

Im playing with "lite" mods such as dynamic weather, crew morale and few others.
I think you slightly miss understand what im after here, looking for a mod for the game to "open up" the harbor and sub pens; now when you try go in, the boat crashes on a invisible line - I want to take the sub all the way

Thank again

THEBERBSTER
09-09-14, 12:21 PM
Hi exce

I played the Lite interface many moons ago and remember having the same problem.

I would suggest trying a manual save after you round the dock head.

Go back to the main menu and then load your save.

Make sure you are lined up correctly.

Another problem I found that once you enter it is a hard job to stop from hitting the end of the bunker.

The problem you will have with Lite is that you will finish your patrols so early that you could be waiting months before you can get the next operation.

In the end I just got bored with it and tried other interfaces before finding the confidence to use TDW's NewUi 7-4-2 then 7-5-0 (highly recommended)

Peter