PDA

View Full Version : What parameter sets the depth for optics on the bridge

pythos
08-22-14, 03:12 PM
Using Steel wolves, and there is a feature that has so much potential for realism, that being decks awash. I found to my chagrin that when attempting to do a surface night torpedo attack, that when running decks awash I could not use the bridge optics. I am thinking something is amiss in the parameters that turn off access to these optics. Anyone wise to where this setting might be. I tried messing with the decks awash setting in user options (dark wraith's) to no effect, it just changed the depth at which the boat settles with decks awash.

pythos
08-24-14, 10:16 AM
93 views, not one response?

BIGREG
08-24-14, 10:18 AM
Hello Pythos :salute:

I am not sure ,but maybe your uzo is broken :06: :hmmm:

pythos
08-27-14, 08:20 PM
right. So.....how do I fix it?
It works on the surface, but if the boat goes under a small bit the surface optics (binoculars, uzo, even the visual contact report) goes off.

Balu0
08-28-14, 03:56 AM
Deck Awash is a mod added feature, not in the original game as far as I understand. It was added by modders and it is a limitation they could not overcome.

Lexandro
08-28-14, 06:33 AM
Actually decks awash is part of the stock game, you just have no real control over it. When you leave port your sub is "surfaced", and once you dive and re-surface the interface states you are "decks awash" when you hover over your sub.

I believe the issue could lay in the fact the mod changes the behaviour of decks awash making it slightly deeper thereby making the uzo etc vanish due to a hard coded depth value for instrumentation on the bridge deck.

Frankly I find the uzo to be detrimental to a surface attack with all its bouncing up and down and its limited view. The only solution I can think of in gameplay terms is to use a periscope instead of the uzo. Its more stable and has a better field of view.

pythos
08-30-14, 04:53 PM
Ah so there is no way to change when the things that work surfaced "switch off", and likely the same goes for the hydrophone. It is hard coded into the sim. That's sad as it was my understanding that surface torpedo attacks were done by use of the Uzo, along with Deck watch.