PDA

View Full Version : Look out poms here I come

Pages : [1] 2

TarJak
04-14-14, 07:18 AM
I'm in the UK in July and looking to catch up for an ale or two with a few of you poms if you're up for it.

Was just on Skype talking to Jimbuna and we reckon we could combine a meet with a visit to a museum.

If you are interested, post here and let me know which location you would prefer.

Thinking of either:

York/Elvington
London/Hendon or Duxford

The date will be Sunday 13th July till Tuesday 15th July.

No messing about, now if you can't or won't come, don't post please.

Jimbuna
04-14-14, 07:27 AM
Looking forward to seeing my old mate again and will be available for Sunday 13th and Monday 14th....prepared to travel if it means maximising the number of people who can attend.

Be there or be square :sunny:

fireftr18
04-14-14, 07:38 AM
Have fun and have an ale or 2 or 3 or 4 or how ever many you want for me.
:Kaleun_Cheers:

Betonov
04-14-14, 08:16 AM
All right, I'll just re-coordinate some dates with my friends in Deal and I'll be there :)

A museum sounds nice

TarJak
04-14-14, 08:24 AM
All right, I'll just re-coordinate some dates with my friends in Deal and I'll be there :)

A museum sounds nice

Excellent! Looking forward to meeting you Anze.

Jimbuna
04-14-14, 08:37 AM

A museum sounds nice

Nice one :cool:

BossMark
04-14-14, 09:34 AM
Yep I am available, I must be able to read into the future I booked those days off months ago :haha:
I would prefer York but I am willing to travel as long as there is train station I have no transport at the moment.

Betonov
04-14-14, 09:42 AM
I am willing to travel as long as there is train station I have no transport at the moment.

Same here.

Jimbuna
04-14-14, 10:00 AM
Yep I am available, I must be able to read into the future I booked those days off months ago :haha:
I would prefer York but I am willing to travel as long as there is train station I have no transport at the moment.

York and RAF Elvington would be ideal for you then.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=196560&highlight=elvington

Oberon
04-15-14, 09:12 PM
I haven't a clue what's happening next week, let alone in July. :haha: But if you chaps are heading towards London then I might be able to wing something. York is unfortunately not doable, despite it being a lovely place which I do recommend (be sure to check out the railway museum too).

TarJak
04-15-14, 10:43 PM
That's why I'm posting now to let people make arrangements. No decision on where yet but I'll need to sort out my accommodation soon so will give it another week before we decide.

Jimbuna
04-16-14, 08:05 AM
I haven't a clue what's happening next week, let alone in July. :haha: But if you chaps are heading towards London then I might be able to wing something. York is unfortunately not doable, despite it being a lovely place which I do recommend (be sure to check out the railway museum too).

Would be great to meet you in person but if it is eventually going to be York then I'll be in the nearest pub during the train museum visit...been there far too many times in recent years but it is definitely worth a visit.

No sign of old grumpy STEED yet :hmmm:

Betonov
04-16-14, 08:24 AM
Train museum in York :hmmm:

Sounds nice.
Jim, if you'll go by car, can I ride along :)

Never mind, I just checked the maps where York is. Faster if we go to Bled for a kremsnita

Jimbuna
04-16-14, 08:29 AM
Where will you be based?

I thought you'd be in the deep south...I'm at the northern tip of England about seventy miles south of the border with the heathens.

Check a map of the UK...I'm for all intents and purposes in Newcastle.

Jimbuna
04-16-14, 08:30 AM
Never mind, I just checked the maps where York is. Faster if we go to Bled for a kremsnita

A vanilla and custard cream slice...well liked here in the UK :cool:

Betonov
04-16-14, 08:38 AM
Why did I always thought you'll be near London :hmmm:

Look, I can travel, if you decide York, I'll show up in York.
You decide Newcastle, I'll show up in Newcastle.

vanjast
04-16-14, 08:40 AM
The wiff and I might be there as well...
:arrgh!:

Jimbuna
04-16-14, 09:07 AM
Why did I always thought you'll be near London :hmmm:

Look, I can travel, if you decide York, I'll show up in York.
You decide Newcastle, I'll show up in Newcastle.

No prob...it'll be a collective decision in the end but I suspect the Aussie mongrel will have the deciding vote :)

STEED
04-16-14, 09:47 AM
No Chance, no capital at all.

Jimbuna
04-16-14, 09:51 AM

Are you nowhere near any potential venues....we aren't mercenaries (not sure about Tony and Anze) we can always stand you a few sherbets :cool:

Herr-Berbunch
04-16-14, 09:51 AM
A second trip to the big smoke (London) around then would be a bit difficult, York on the other hand would be ideal. Jamie - If Martin (anyone seen him recently?) or anyone else down that way is coming you could get a lift, accommodation would be sorted one way or another too. Don't rule it out just yet.

Onkel Neal
04-16-14, 10:30 AM
I'm in the UK in July and looking to catch up for an ale or two with a few of you poms if you're up for it.

Was just on Skype talking to Jimbuna and we reckon we could combine a meet with a visit to a museum.

If you are interested, post here and let me know which location you would prefer.

Thinking of either:

York/Elvington
London/Hendon or Duxford

The date will be Sunday 13th July till Tuesday 15th July.

No messing about, now if you can't or won't come, don't post please.
Hmm,,, I cannot say I cant or wont, but it sure would be a nice summer vaca...:hmm2:

Betonov
04-16-14, 10:31 AM
I'll be hitting the rails to from Deal to York.
Going to the UK and not using their own invention, like going to Australia and drinking cold beer.

Herr-Berbunch
04-16-14, 11:19 AM
I'm quite certain somebody would've come up with the idea very soon after. After all there are 'stone' railways predating trains by hundreds of years.

And maybe either check the prices or win the lottery before you get a ticket. National Express bus would be a lot cheaper.

Betonov
04-16-14, 11:37 AM
Are you kidding me :o
150 pounds for a 5 hour trip. I hope they serve a redhead with a lasagne.
And another 150 for the return.
You'd crisscross entire Slovenia for €50.

Looking at renting a car, half the price including gasoline.

And the bus takes 12hours :(

BossMark
04-16-14, 11:59 AM
STEED if you want come mate, I can help you out no problem what so ever

Wolferz
04-16-14, 12:27 PM
Aren't you gents glad when one of your boomerangs announces that it's coming back. :O:
No nasty whack in the back of the head.:haha:

TarJak
04-16-14, 03:20 PM
I'm likely to have a rental car while I'm there. It will be a 7 seater, so plenty of room.

I'll be heading from Essex to wherever we go on the Sunday so if York ends up as the venue then I can pick up any strays from the south east if required. Just need a rallying point where I can pick up.

Betonov
04-16-14, 03:25 PM
Essex is close to Deal (in British terms, it's still further than my entire country is wide :oops: )

I just make take you on that offer

TarJak
04-16-14, 04:45 PM
Seat reserved. :)

Essex to York is about 4 hours drive so not much more than I'd go for a quick weekend away down here.

Tribesman
04-16-14, 08:05 PM
Are you kidding me :o
150 pounds for a 5 hour trip. I hope they serve a redhead with a lasagne.
And another 150 for the return.
You'd crisscross entire Slovenia for €50.

Looking at renting a car, half the price including gasoline.

And the bus takes 12hours :(
Betonov. Buy a rail card, the discounts it gives pays off straightaway.
Also buy rail tickets in advance, its a real rip off in Britain if you buy them at the station on the day.

Jimbuna
04-17-14, 04:11 AM
A second trip to the big smoke (London) around then would be a bit difficult, York on the other hand would be ideal. Jamie - If Martin (anyone seen him recently?) or anyone else down that way is coming you could get a lift, accommodation would be sorted one way or another too. Don't rule it out just yet.

Must be having a brain pump...who is Martin? :hmmm:

Hmm,,, I cannot say I cant or wont, but it sure would be a nice summer vaca...:hmm2:

Come on over...you know it makes sense :sunny:

I'll be hitting the rails to from Deal to York.
Going to the UK and not using their own invention, like going to Australia and drinking cold beer.

We were drinking real/proper ale before we populated the prison island with those of questionnable integrity :smug::O:

TarJak
04-17-14, 04:54 AM
We were drinking real/proper ale before we populated the prison island with those of questionnable integrity :smug::O:

Yes but at room temperature or warmer.:O:

Jimbuna
04-17-14, 05:31 AM
Yes but at room temperature or warmer.:O:

Hate to disappoint you but you won't find any Lone Star Stew over here :)

Oberon
04-17-14, 05:46 AM
Seat reserved. :)

Essex to York is about 4 hours drive so not much more than I'd go for a quick weekend away down here.

Essex is just south of here, I presume you'll be coming in at Stansted then?
Deal is a tad further from Essex than you'd think Betonov, you'd have to go through London to get there.
Likely you'd have to go, Deal to Charing Cross, then underground (Northern line to Embankment and then Circle line) to Liverpool Street where you can pick up the Stansted express that'll take you up to Tarjak. :yep:
After that, Tarjak could take the A140 across to Colchester, then the A12 up to my neck of the woods, and then back across to the A14 to Cambridge, then across to the A1 which'll take you north towards Leeds and York.

There is one slight niggle though, but I can deal with it. I get car sick, but I can combat it with dozing and wristbands. I've made a car journey to Wales via London before and back, so York shouldn't be a problem...I just apologise for any snoring... :oops:

Jimbuna
04-17-14, 05:53 AM
Snoring eh? :hmmm:

You didn't share a room with him in Houston...I purchased ear defenders first thing on day two :o

TarJak
04-17-14, 05:56 AM
I'll be staying in South Woodham Ferrers, but can pick you guys up from pretty much anywhere north of the Thames and towards the East of London so Standstead would be a good pick up spot if we decide on York.

You can sit up the front which usually lessens the impact of car sickness. Just make sure you can wind the window down before you barf :Kaleun_Sick:

Jimbuna
04-17-14, 06:02 AM
You can sit up the front which usually lessens the impact of car sickness.

Not if your driving skills are anything like those of Jeff :D

Betonov
04-17-14, 06:35 AM
Let me drive.
Oberon should empty his stomach in the first 1 0 minutes and then its smooth sailing :)

Oberon
04-17-14, 07:26 AM

Italian, eh?

http://weblog.zoover.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Italians-the-worst-drivers-in-the-Europe.jpg

Just remember to hire a limo, Grant, or Jim won't be able to find us. :03:

If you're at South Woodham, then perhaps we could meet at Ipswich? Betenov could get a train from Liverpool Street to Ipswich and I can get to Ipswich fairly easily. From South Woodham you'd hop on the A130 and then onto the A12 which'll take you into Ipswich...then admittedly you have the screwed up one way system that they implemented a few years back in order to get to the railway station. :hmmm:

Let me drive.
Oberon should empty his stomach in the first 1 0 minutes and then its smooth sailing :)

http://media.indiatimes.in/media/video/2013/Sep/crazy-drivers-stunt-show_1378462156.jpg

:Kaleun_Sick:

TarJak
04-17-14, 07:42 AM

I drive safe mistah! I get you there chop chop no prang!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtWkewqIFDM

Betonov
04-17-14, 08:21 AM
Oberon, never imagine me driving without mud :03:

http://internationaldiamondspr.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/camel-trophy-1987.jpg

Like I said, don't worry about me. Just give me a location and I'll find my way there.
I like the Ipswitch idea. Tarjak can pick me and Oberon in one swoop. Much simpler for him

Oberon
04-17-14, 10:39 AM
Sounds like a plan. So you'd be getting a South-Eastern train from Deal to Charing Cross, a Northern line underground train from Charing Cross to Embankment, changing at Embankment to the Circle Line, then taking that around to Liverpool Street where you can pick up a train to Ipswich. :up:
Hopefully the tube staff won't pick that day to go on strike. :dead:

Jimbuna
04-17-14, 11:37 AM
Italian, eh?

Kinda like...

http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img144/2472/angrydriveral3.gif

TarJak
04-17-14, 02:53 PM
Ipswich is definitely doable for a pick up point. Looks like York is the venue then.

bring your notion sickness tablets. :D

Jimbuna
04-17-14, 03:13 PM
Next...accomodation.

Hotel Noir http://www.noirhotelyork.com/

Stayed here with the wife two years ago...nice and friendly, 5 to 10 minute walk into centre of york but most importantly, as you enter the city walls through the gates (the name escapes me now) there is a fantastic pub with a great beer garden and a fine selection of alcoholic nectars :)

EDIT: Possibly The Lamb and Lion Inn at Petergate.

Just a suggestion to throw into the pot.

Oberon
04-17-14, 03:16 PM
Another recommendation:

Crossways Guest House
http://www.crossways-york.co.uk/

Nice little place, although a smidge cramped in places, short walk (fifteen mins tops) to the railway station and from there to the center of the city.

TarJak
04-17-14, 03:52 PM
Just need somewhere that I can park cheaply nearby.

What about STEED? Is he coming?

Herr-Berbunch
04-17-14, 05:40 PM

Hahaha, a year ago we parked in a city-centre car park for a day (1000-1500 ish) and it was about £16. Park and ride from the outskirts is a couple of quid. There'll be somewhere.

Jim - No Lone Star in the UK? http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/lone-star?gclid=CM76sJjK6L0CFUoCwwoddyIAzw :D

nikimcbee
04-17-14, 06:23 PM
I believe the patron Saint of Oz, St. Bon Scott, foretold of Tarjak's trip to Pommyland...

I'm dirty, mean and mighty unclean
I'm a Wanted man
Public Enemy Number One
Understand
So lock up your daughter
And lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life
The man is back in town
Don't you mess around

http://russiapedia.rt.com/files/prominent-russians/history-and-mythology/nestor/nestor_5-t.JPG

Herr-Berbunch
04-17-14, 06:41 PM
I believe the patron Saint of Oz, St. Bon Scott, foretold of Tarjak's trip to Pommyland...

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Tribesman
04-17-14, 07:05 PM
most importantly, as you enter the city walls through the gates (the name escapes me now) there is a fantastic pub with a great beer garden and a fine selection of alcoholic nectars :)

Whats that Sam Smiths pub on the river just down from the York Dungeons?
Kings Arms?

TarJak
04-17-14, 07:32 PM
Jim - No Lone Star in the UK? http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/lone-star?gclid=CM76sJjK6L0CFUoCwwoddyIAzw :D
Let's hope not I believe the patron Saint of Oz, St. Bon Scott, foretold of Tarjak's trip to Pommyland...
http://russiapedia.rt.com/files/prominent-russians/history-and-mythology/nestor/nestor_5-t.JPG
Jailbreak :rock:

Kings Arms?
I'm sure we'll find it. And if not then we'll find another.

BossMark
04-18-14, 12:10 AM
the Golden Fleece but if your scared of ghosts then we wont bother with this pub :haha:
The Punch Bowl is OK for bite to eat (usually go in their when I go to York races)
Blue boar if you like cask ale
Golden Lion also a cask ale pub
The Old White Swan one of the oldest pubs in York live sport on big screen, also if I remember correctly some nights they have live music (but its been a few years since I have been here)

Tribesman
04-18-14, 12:46 AM
I'm sure we'll find it. And if not then we'll find another.
There is another good sam smiths pub just off on the left when you come through the shambles, but the one on the river is great to sit outside if the weather is not wet.

Your timing is out Tarjak, I am probably in London the week before you and in York in August.

Fubar2Niner
04-18-14, 02:31 AM
@HB.
Just got your pm, been tied up with RL stuff lately hence my awol. Thanks for the invite mate, would love to join you and the rest of the mottley crew. Unfortunately I'll be in the emerald isle for three weeks, at that time. Make sure to give that Aussie convict TarJak a great time. :salute:

Must be having a brain pump...who is Martin? :hmmm:

It's me ya big lump ;)

All the best chaps.

Fubar2Niner

Jimbuna
04-18-14, 05:27 AM

What about STEED? Is he coming?

If we end up in the Hotel Noir they have their own private car park for guests.

I'd like to think we can persuade STEED to come.

Hahaha, a year ago we parked in a city-centre car park for a day (1000-1500 ish) and it was about £16. Park and ride from the outskirts is a couple of quid. There'll be somewhere.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :huh:

Jimbuna
04-18-14, 05:28 AM
@HB.
Just got your pm, been tied up with RL stuff lately hence my awol. Thanks for the invite mate, would love to join you and the rest of the mottley crew. Unfortunately I'll be in the emerald isle for three weeks, at that time. Make sure to give that Aussie convict TarJak a great time. :salute:

It's me ya big lump ;)

All the best chaps.

Fubar2Niner

Sorry Martin but I clean forgot :oops:

Been a while, good to see your okay :sunny:

Jimbuna
04-18-14, 05:35 AM
Kings Arms?

I think so, that's one of those that gets flooded at every very high water mark but the beer is reasonably priced and very good.

There is another good sam smiths pub just off on the left when you come through the shambles, but the one on the river is great to sit outside if the weather is not wet.

Your timing is out Tarjak, I am probably in London the week before you and in York in August.

That's a pity, would have liked to have met you in person.

Betonov
04-18-14, 06:42 AM
It appears I'll be one of the few (non-English) people that will see York before New York :)

Accomodations you say ??
All I need is a brick and a square meter flat surface :)

Tribesman, thanks for the tips. If you remember more, share them. I'm clueless :)

Oberon
04-18-14, 07:40 AM
That's a pity, would have liked to have met you in person.

I bet you would have:

http://sirrobertpeel.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/b00zl4dq_640_360.jpg

:haha: :03:

Jimbuna
04-18-14, 07:46 AM
:har:

I've reserved that welcome for STEED :)

TarJak
04-18-14, 07:54 AM
@HB.

It's me ya big lump ;)

All the best chaps.

Fubar2Niner
Would have been great to meet you. I'm sure the Poms will "look after" me. :yep:

If we end up in the Hotel Noir they have their own private car park for guests.
Sounds ideal!

I'd like to think we can persuade STEED to come.
Only if you put your truncheon away. :har:

Bugger, would have been good to catch up with you too. Maybe the next time around. Looking at another trip in 2 years time. The wife's been on at me to visit the Emerald Ilse and a Guinness or three would be nice.:Kaleun_Cheers:

Tribesman
04-18-14, 08:04 AM
Tribesman, thanks for the tips. If you remember more, share them. I'm clueless :)
OK, don't waste your money buying women drink at the pub, pick one up at the kebab van when the pubs close.:D

Jimbuna
04-18-14, 10:42 AM
OK, don't waste your money buying women drink at the pub, pick one up at the kebab van when the pubs close.:D

Don't go telling him that...TarJak is bringing his party frock to surprise in the middle of the first night.

I know Jeff was well impressed, once the beer stains dried out.

nikimcbee
04-18-14, 01:11 PM
So Tarjak, what gifts will you bring for the local inhabitants to promote Aussie culture?

Fosters?
Outback stakehouse coupons?
VHS copies of Crocodile Dundee?

...but beware of scousers bearing gifts though.:/\\k:

okay, I'll quit playing Colonization now.

nikimcbee
04-18-14, 01:17 PM
I do suggest you go on safari and bag yourself a wild Steed though. Photos, or it didn't happen.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/Duquesne_hunting_white_rhino.gif (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/Duquesne_hunting_white_rhino.gif)

No Steeds were actulally harmed in the posting of this thread/photo.

nikimcbee
04-18-14, 01:23 PM
Clarification, by "shoot a Steed", I mean, with a camera. Although, if you were to shoot him in the hind quarters with a paintball gun and posted it on the youtubez, that would also be acceptable.:salute:

A keg of your favo(u)rite beer for the video and/or photo.

Betonov
04-18-14, 03:07 PM
How's with documents.
I know I need a passport to get into UK, but do I also need it with me when traveling inside England or is my Slovene ID card enough :hmmm:

TarJak
04-18-14, 07:00 PM
How's with documents.
I know I need a passport to get into UK, but do I also need it with me when traveling inside England or is my Slovene ID card enough :hmmm:

http://splitkick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/papers-box-300x300.png

nikimcbee
04-18-14, 07:04 PM
So between krashkark and Tarjak being in the UK, someone is going to get a photo of Steed, right?:hmmm::up:

TarJak
04-18-14, 07:07 PM
So between krashkark and Tarjak being in the UK, someone is going to get a photo of Steed, right?:hmmm::up:

Got my camera http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/images/smilies/photographer.gif

All I need is the subject.:D

nikimcbee
04-18-14, 08:23 PM
Okay, here's the plan:
1. Get paper bag.
2. Put poop in it.
3. place on Steed's doorstep.
4. Light bag on fire.
5. Ring Steed's bell.
6. Have camera ready.

Priceless pictures for the next subsim meet.

Not only will we know what Steed looks like, we'll get a good laugh...at Steed's expense.:up: Everybody wins.

Jimbuna
04-19-14, 04:49 AM
How's with documents.

No real need for ID whilst travelling in the UK (we are a civilised bunch) but if I were abroad I'd have my passport on me for safe keeping.

The chances are you'll be in close proximity of me whilst on your visit so I shouldn't have any real problem getting you locked up whether your carrying ID or not :)

Jimbuna
04-19-14, 04:51 AM
So Tarjak, what gifts will you bring for the local inhabitants to promote Aussie culture?

Fosters?
Outback stakehouse coupons?
VHS copies of Crocodile Dundee?

...but beware of scousers bearing gifts though.:/\\k:

okay, I'll quit playing Colonization now.

Looking forward to the Bundaberg :smug:

Betonov
04-19-14, 05:06 AM
No real need for ID whilst travelling in the UK (we are a civilised bunch) but if I were abroad I'd have my passport on me for safe keeping.

I'll have my passport in Deal for the time being. A Slovene ID and a verified passport copy should be enough.

TarJak
04-19-14, 05:08 AM
Looking forward to the Bundaberg :smug:

Wot flavour? http://www.bundabergrum.com.au/Products

Jimbuna
04-19-14, 05:33 AM
Wot flavour? http://www.bundabergrum.com.au/Products

Not sure whether it was original or red you brought to Texas for me but it was lovely so whichever is the cheapest mate and cheers, most kind of you :sunny:

If you happen to win the Aussie lottery begore July this will do nicely :O:

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/bundaberg-distillers-no3-rum

j/k :)

TarJak
04-19-14, 06:21 AM
If I was that flush I'd put it on tap for you. ;)

nikimcbee
04-19-14, 09:17 AM
@Tarjak,
So when are you coming to the states again? (West Coast)

TarJak
04-19-14, 03:23 PM
Not sure mate. Wife is talking about wanting to go to Peru but no noises about US recently and I don't see a trip for work in the offing either. Might be a few years off.

I'd quite like to check out the north western coast at some point.

TarJak
04-21-14, 08:03 AM
There are 3 twin rooms at the Noir available for 70 quid a room per night during the time we'll be there. Is that OK with everyone? Not sure how we'll coordinate booking. I'm happy to book a room if Jim and someone else can book the other two. That accounts for six of us.

Jimbuna
04-21-14, 08:09 AM
Sounds good, who are the six? Who is sharing with who? What are the definitive dates?

TarJak
04-21-14, 08:31 AM
Anze Jamie and I coming up from then South on Sunday 13th, You, Tony and Mark from oop norf makes 6.

We'd get there early afternoon on the Sunday. Have all day Monday to do Elvington, stay the Monday night and return on the Tuesday the 15th. As long as that suits every one else

Happy to draw lots for sleeping arrangements. What's everyone else think?

TarJak
04-22-14, 06:33 AM
Anyone?

Jimbuna
04-22-14, 07:22 AM
Anyone?

Shouldn't need to ask that of me :)

BossMark
04-22-14, 07:44 AM
As long as there is a bed and shower I dont mind who I share with :yep:

Betonov
04-22-14, 08:00 AM
As far as I'm conserned I can sleep in a castle moat :)

I'm clueless so I'll let you handle it all. Whatever is fine for you is more than enough for me. Just don't go for the most expensive option. I need to get home when this is over :)

Oberon
04-22-14, 08:07 AM
Anze Jamie and I coming up from then South on Sunday 13th, You, Tony and Mark from oop norf makes 6.

We'd get there early afternoon on the Sunday. Have all day Monday to do Elvington, stay the Monday night and return on the Tuesday the 15th. As long as that suits every one else

Might have the missus with me, so that'd be 7, depends if she can get the time off.

TarJak
04-22-14, 08:37 AM
Might have the missus with me, so that'd be 7, depends if she can get the time off.

Roger that. You'll be needing a double then?

Betonov
04-22-14, 12:37 PM
Damn :/\\!!

Just got an update from Deal. Katjas parents decided to visit between 11 and 17 July so Jamie and her can't have me between those two dates.
I doubt there's an option to move the entire meet forward 2 days so I'll probably fly in-fly out and visit Deal a couple of weeks later.

TarJak
04-22-14, 04:23 PM
Bugger! We get back from Italy to Essex on the Friday and was looking for a down time day on the Saturday before driving up on the Sunday.

Jimbuna
04-23-14, 06:25 AM

I've no problems being the meat in the sandwich :O:

Jimbuna
04-23-14, 06:26 AM
Bugger! We get back from Italy to Essex on the Friday and was looking for a down time day on the Saturday before driving up on the Sunday.

Are things beginning to unravel? :hmmm:

TarJak
04-23-14, 06:48 AM
I'll be there on the dates stated.

Jimbuna
04-23-14, 06:52 AM
I'll be there on the dates stated.

Me too.

Betonov
04-23-14, 09:22 AM
Me three.

But change of plans, I'll be flying into UK on the day we leave for York. I'll try and catch the earliest flight but there's a posibility I won't arrive in Stansted before noon.

TarJak
04-23-14, 03:41 PM
Me three.

But change of plans, I'll be flying into UK on the day we leave for York. I'll try and catch the earliest flight but there's a posibility I won't arrive in Stansted before noon.

Let us know when you're landing and I'll pick you up from the airport before heading to Ipswich to pick up Jamie and his missus.

Betonov
04-23-14, 03:48 PM
Let us know when you're landing and I'll pick you up from the airport before heading to Ipswich to pick up Jamie and his missus.

Roger that.
You'll know soon. I'll be booking tickets next week.
Still have to get my pay first

TarJak
04-23-14, 04:33 PM
The that.

BossMark
04-23-14, 11:32 PM
Just let me no what time and where we are meeting in York and I can get the train from Leeds, and its only about 20 to 30 minutes from Leeds to York (if that long)

TarJak
04-24-14, 12:54 AM
Will most likely be late afternoon on the Sunday depending on what time Anze gets off his plane.

I'm looking to book the accommodation this weekend if possible.

BossMark
04-24-14, 01:02 AM
OK no probs, I will PM you and Jim and Tony my mobile number later.

Jimbuna
04-24-14, 12:34 PM
Don't forget folks...the pubs open at 11am :sunny:

Herr-Berbunch
04-24-14, 12:37 PM
Sorry, I've been a bit inactive the last week or so but still going.

How cheap accommodation do you want? I've a tent. :D

Betonov
04-24-14, 01:46 PM
How cheap accommodation do you want? I've a tent. :D

Do I look like a duke :O:
Just give me a piece of lawn, a brick and something to fend wild animals and desperate English women off and I'm happy :)

Jimbuna
04-24-14, 01:48 PM
I think £70 per night was mentioned earlier but I'm not sure if that is per person or per room.

TarJak
04-24-14, 03:05 PM
Per room per night fo a twin room with two single beds.

Jimbuna
04-24-14, 03:36 PM
Per room per night fo a twin room with two single beds.

Then tis a no brainer....time to book surely :doh:

Oberon
04-24-14, 04:08 PM
I'll do my best to save up for that. :yep: When work stops screwing around with our pay-dates that is. :/\\!!

Herr-Berbunch
04-25-14, 01:39 AM
Should get a proper week's wages today and can sort something out. :yeah:

BossMark
04-25-14, 01:46 AM
Should get a proper week's wages today and can sort something out. :yeah:
And I should be paid on Tuesday :D and I will try and keep out of the bookies :hmm2:

Betonov
04-25-14, 02:15 AM
I got paid yesterday.
So, how will we do the booking process :hmmm:
one handles the paperwork and the rest of us wire the money ??

Jimbuna
04-25-14, 05:12 AM
Just this minute checked and there are three twin rooms for Sun 13th checking out Tuesday 15th.

What's happening peeps?

Jimbuna
04-25-14, 05:30 AM
Just spoken to Tony on the phone and have now made our booking via the Trivago website http://www.trivago.co.uk/?aDateRange%5Barr%5D=2014-05-18&aDateRange%5Bdep%5D=2014-05-19&iRoomType=7&iPathId=41492&iGeoDistanceItem=946491&iViewType=0&bIsSeoPage=false&bIsSitemap=false& clicked on the lastminute.com link.

Check in Sun 13th Check out Tues 15th

Cost was £142.80 (£2.80 was the Visa card charge)

I'll PM this to you all FYI.

Betonov
04-25-14, 02:37 PM
OK, my UK trip just expanded.

Since I'll have 2 extra days while waiting for Jamie and Katja to have their apartment free I'll book a hostel in London for 2 nights. If I'll travel to England I mind as well turn Her Majesties lands upside down :)

Bloody hell, I'll have to practice drinking the next 2 months. I haven't been drinking in 5 years, I'm afraid the first beer will KO me :doh:

Herr-Berbunch
04-25-14, 05:31 PM
Don't worry, my drinking prowess has dwindled to near nothing.

But I'll see what I can do.

nikimcbee
04-25-14, 05:41 PM

Since I'll have 2 extra days while waiting for Jamie and Katja to have their apartment free I'll book a hostel in London for 2 nights. If I'll travel to England I mind as well turn Her Majesties lands upside down :)

Bloody hell, I'll have to practice drinking the next 2 months. I haven't been drinking in 5 years, I'm afraid the first beer will KO me :doh:

Let me translate.
There will be drunk, passed out photos of Betonov all over subsim soon.

TarJak
04-25-14, 06:31 PM
OK, Sorted out the final bookings as follows:

Booked 2 rooms at Hotel Noir from Sunday 13/07/14 for 2 nights departing Tuesday 15/7/14
Jamie and Mrs Oberon in a Double room at 60GBP per night total 120GBP
Grant, Mark and Anze in a Family Room (1 dble 2 single beds), at 100GBP per night total 200GBP.
Did the bookings direct on the hotel website so no Visa charge.

I'll PM copies of the receipts if I can work out how to send PDF's via PM.

We can sort out payment we we get together.:arrgh!:

:woot: That's the accommodation sorted.

Drinking may be a problem for all of us I suspect, given Jim's penchant for the Brown Ale. Myself I'm looking forward to becoming familiar with Webster's Yorkshire Bitter again.

nikimcbee
04-25-14, 06:57 PM
Grant, Mark and Anze in a Family Room (1 dble 2 single beds), at 100GBP per night total 200GBP.

Sounds like a MTV reality TV show. Waiting for live camera feed.

TarJak
04-25-14, 07:48 PM
Sounds like a MTV reality TV show. Waiting for live camera feed.

:hmmm: Might be a way to make money out of the trip.:sunny:

nikimcbee
04-25-14, 10:48 PM
For Betonov,
I found you this helpful guide to British culture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDW4hTWbRYs

Betonov
04-26-14, 01:08 AM
I sleep with a knife so I believe I'll get the single bed :)

OK, thanks TarJak, I'll give you the monez when I arrive in England :up:

And sorry, there will be no pictures of a passed out Betonov :P

TarJak
04-26-14, 01:12 AM
He he. It's a rite of passage for a subsim crew get together. :D

BossMark
04-26-14, 01:55 AM

I am sure that you both will be OK :D

Booked 2 rooms at Hotel Noir from Sunday 13/07/14 for 2 nights departing Tuesday 15/7/14

Drinking may be a problem for all of us I suspect, given Jim's penchant for the Brown Ale. Myself I'm looking forward to becoming familiar with Webster's Yorkshire Bitter again.
OK thanks for that does the oldest get the single bed :hmm2:

Looking forward to it :yep:

Jimbuna
04-26-14, 05:13 AM

Sound...the plan appears to be coming together :sunny:

I forgot to mention they do a crackin full english breakfast. When I was there with the wife we booked B and B in advance but IIRC you get the choice to book by a certain time the day before and a small discount is given.

Failing that there are loads of decent eating places inside the city walls.

Jimbuna
04-26-14, 05:18 AM

Hey guys....when you've had enough you've had enough, no point in spoiling a gathering of friends.

Please ensure I'm tucked up safe in bed last thing at night though :cool:

For Betonov,
I found you this helpful guide to British culture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDW4hTWbRYs

LOL :)

I sleep with a knife so I believe I'll get the single bed :)

OK, thanks TarJak, I'll give you the monez when I arrive in England :up:

And sorry, there will be no pictures of a passed out Betonov :P

If your experience of sharing with him is anything like mine was in Texas 2008 you'll be needing that knife, believe you me :O:

Betonov
04-26-14, 05:28 AM
Hey guys....when you've had enough you've had enough, no point in spoiling a gathering of friends.

Don't worry.
I usually get a not so good feeling inside my stomach before I can even get drunk. I stop long before I get sick or text-to-ex level drunk
But then again, Slovene beer is something I wouldn't dampen my compost with :down:

Jimbuna
04-26-14, 05:58 AM
Soooooo next is the itinerary....Elvington is good for a few hours to half a day:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=196560&highlight=elvington

National Railway Museum...well worth a visit to you train buffs, been there too many times so if we decide to go there I'll be in a nearby pub awaiting your return:

http://www.nrm.org.uk/

York Cold War Bunker...never been but may be worth a gander:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186346-d1796961-Reviews-York_Cold_War_Bunker-York_North_Yorkshire_England.html

York Minster, York Dungeon etc. etc. there are loads of things to visit and see.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g186346-Activities-York_North_Yorkshire_England.html

The pubs are pretty cool too :cool:

BossMark
04-26-14, 06:22 AM
The last time I went the York railway museum Leeds where the division 1 champions 73\74 season

Jimbuna
04-26-14, 06:55 AM
They've replaced the gas lamps with an electric lighting system since then.

nikimcbee
04-26-14, 10:48 AM

Newby initiation.:D

Jimbuna
04-26-14, 11:36 AM
Newby initiation.:D

The hunt for the golden rivet :smug:

Herr-Berbunch
04-26-14, 11:51 AM
They've replaced the gas lamps with an electric lighting system since then.

But the shopping centre is still a Shambles. :03:

Jimbuna
04-26-14, 12:00 PM
But the shopping centre is still a Shambles. :03:

Sure is :)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186346-d208249-Reviews-The_Shambles-York_North_Yorkshire_England.html

Herr-Berbunch
04-26-14, 04:30 PM
There's always Eden Camp not far away, I know Jim's already been though.

Rail museum is good and free to enter. The cold war bunker looks good.

Betonov
04-26-14, 04:33 PM
Katja told me about a viking museum :D

Herr-Berbunch
04-26-14, 04:44 PM
Katja told me about a viking museum :D

Jorvik - yes, it's a good experience and quite possibly a must for visitors to York. Jorvik was the Viking name, seems better than the Roman Eboracum. And remember - they didn't really have horns on their helmets! :doh:

Betonov
04-26-14, 06:51 PM
Jorvik- York

I see the connection.
I know they didn't have horns on the helmet. Unlike mine work helmet :haha:
Can't wait to see the bosses reaction when he comes back from sick leave when he sees I screwed a couple of goat horns on the helmet :)

And god I hate explaining to people why I'm going to England
Do I really live in such a stuck up place that visiting a foreign country is something to wonder about :nope:

Jimbuna
04-27-14, 05:56 AM
There's always Eden Camp not far away, I know Jim's already been though.

Jorvik - yes, it's a good experience and quite possibly a must for visitors to York. Jorvik was the Viking name, seems better than the Roman Eboracum. And remember - they didn't really have horns on their helmets! :doh:

Can't say I was overly impressed with either (especially Jorvik) but probably worth a visit to anyone that hasn't been before.

Jimbuna
04-27-14, 05:57 AM
And god I hate explaining to people why I'm going to England
Do I really live in such a stuck up place that visiting a foreign country is something to wonder about :nope:

YES!! :)

Oberon
04-27-14, 07:30 AM
The railway museum is always worth a visit, although I say that from the point of view of a major railway enthusiast. :03: York Dungeon is also a nice little jaunt through, and the Jorvik center is very interesting, they've got this little ride that takes you through a reconstruction of a Viking village. There's also the local museum, that's quite nice, got some nice displays in it, and it's right next door to the castle which has a lovely view over York itself. The city walls make for a nice walk if the weather is good, and the Richard III museum is a nice little visit too, although it is rather small.

I shall now bombard this thread with some pictures from my last visit just over two years ago:

http://i.imgur.com/c6Ywmx6.jpg?1
A picture from the city walls, it was around April, hence the daffodils.

http://i.imgur.com/0McIemI.jpg?1
Health and safety gone mad! :haha:

http://i.imgur.com/wZM8vMe.jpg?1
The castle, good exercise and that's before you get to the inside and the spiral staircase up to the top.

http://i.imgur.com/UP9cxnm.jpg?2
The view from the top of the castle across to the Minster

http://i.imgur.com/mEykYV2.jpg?1
A 'themed room' from York Museum, late Victorian I believe

http://i.imgur.com/g9ZTaUj.jpg?1
1950s room, with a fireplace rather similar to the one I have at home, which is apt since this house is from the 1950s.

http://i.imgur.com/Njomw1c.jpg?1
Something a bit more recent, the 1980s...and just to make me feel old since I remember a lot of the packaging and design colouring. The 1980s were a very brown/beige era in the UK... :haha:

http://i.imgur.com/elalZuG.jpg?1
Weapons porn, York Museum again.

http://i.imgur.com/QIAqmpM.jpg?1
The WWII section.

http://i.imgur.com/oalHCMh.jpg?1
There's nothing quite like computers to make you feel old...

http://i.imgur.com/HZ9xWcR.jpg?1
A 25 pounder outside the Museum

http://i.imgur.com/U3SXMTS.jpg?1
A London, Brighton and South Coast Railway B1 class 'Gladstone' as decorated for the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1897.

http://i.imgur.com/zlP9BO4.jpg?1
A rather gloomy shot of the Great Western Railway 3700 'City class' City of Truro, allegedly the first locomotive to break 100mph during a run in 1904.

http://i.imgur.com/HJ2omf3.jpg?1
And at the other end of the scale, a Japanese National Railways 0 Series Shinkansen, which has a top speed of 140mph.

http://i.imgur.com/o9azN8x.jpg?1
And finally, a beauty shot of the Minster at sunset.

Jimbuna
04-27-14, 12:20 PM
Nice shots Jamie, brings back a few memories....pleased you didn't post any of the open topped tour buses, that's where the wife shattered her left arm and elbow :-?

Oberon
04-27-14, 12:48 PM
Nice shots Jamie, brings back a few memories....pleased you didn't post any of the open topped tour buses, that's where the wife shattered her left arm and elbow :-?

Saw a couple of them go about, but didn't take any trips on them, stuck to foot for the time we were in York, aside from the trips out to Leeds and up to the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.

Jimbuna
04-27-14, 01:12 PM
Saw a couple of them go about, but didn't take any trips on them, stuck to foot for the time we were in York, aside from the trips out to Leeds and up to the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.

TBH, there are more than enough places of interest to visit when you consider we will only be there two days.

More than sufficient watering holes as well :O:

TarJak
04-27-14, 05:01 PM
No doubt we'll need to try a few of those on for size during the trip. :D

Jimbuna
04-28-14, 05:34 AM
No doubt we'll need to try a few of those on for size during the trip. :D

Already picked out the first port of call....exit the hotel and turn right, five minutes down the road you come to one of the city gates (I forget the name) and as you walk through turn sharp left into the pub (I fogot this name too) they have a canny beer garden overlooked by the city wall walk...and a fine selection of ales.

Oberon
04-28-14, 06:03 AM
Well, me and the missus can't put back too much, we both have medication that does not agree with alcohol, but I dare say I can have a pint and she a vodka and coke. :03:

TarJak
04-28-14, 06:33 AM
Already picked out the first port of call....exit the hotel and turn right, five minutes down the road you come to one of the city gates (I forget the name) and as you walk through turn sharp left into the pub (I fogot this name too) they have a canny beer garden overlooked by the city wall walk...and a fine selection of ales.

The Lamb and Lion right next to Petergate IRRC. Had a pint in there when I first visited York in 1993. Very nice from memory. Wife and I stayed in a B&B just up the road outside Petergate.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/The+Lamb+%26+Lion+Inn/@53.96271,-1.084872,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x487931a7a9eaaa51:0x23e8b 9558a94cb60

Jimbuna
04-28-14, 06:37 AM
Well, me and the missus can't put back too much, we both have medication that does not agree with alcohol, but I dare say I can have a pint and she a vodka and coke. :03:

The trick is staying within your limits and having an enjoyable time and that is what I am sure we will all have.

Just been on Google Earth and the city gate is York Gate and the pub immediately inside with the beer garden is The Lamb and Lion Inn :sunny:

Monk Bar Model Shop generally has a few diecast in so I'll be popping in there as well if time permits :cool:

TarJak
04-28-14, 06:39 AM
The trick is staying within your limits and having an enjoyable time and that is what I am sure we will allhave.

Just been on Google Earth and the city gate is York Gate and the pub immediately inside with the beer garden is The Lamb and Lion Inn :sunny:

I already said that.:O:

Jimbuna
04-28-14, 06:47 AM
I was busy editing the previous page :oops:

TarJak
04-28-14, 07:26 AM
I was busy editing the previous page :oops:
:haha:

Jimbuna
04-28-14, 08:01 AM
Besides, the model shop is only 30 feet from the Richard III Museum :cool:

TarJak
04-29-14, 02:57 AM
I did a Streetview walk and noted no less than 4 pubs between our hotel and Petergate. :sunny:

Jimbuna
04-29-14, 04:35 AM
Never been in any of them...the weather was hot so we always headed for the beer garden :sunny:

TarJak
04-29-14, 05:09 AM
If it's hot we might get thirsty on the way.:D

Jimbuna
04-29-14, 07:31 AM
Best bring a couple of straws then :)

TarJak
04-30-14, 04:27 AM
I don't need a straw. It evaporates from the glass. ;)

Jimbuna
04-30-14, 07:28 AM
I don't need a straw. It evaporates from the glass. ;)

Yes, I remember now :)

Betonov
05-01-14, 10:27 AM
I'll be staying in London for 3 days (2 nights) after York.

Any ideas for a good B&B not too far from the center

Jimbuna
05-01-14, 11:33 AM
I've heard Buckingham Palace has plenty of spare rooms :)

Betonov
05-01-14, 11:38 AM
Nah, to posh.
I hate it when people bow down to me :)

Jimbuna
05-01-14, 11:50 AM
All you have to do to qualify for free B&B is to get into Lizzies room, sit on the side of her bed and tell her a bedtime story :yeah:

Oberon
05-01-14, 12:45 PM
All you have to do to qualify for free B&B is to get into Lizzies room, sit on the side of her bed and tell her a bedtime story :yeah:

The last bloke who did that gave my Grandfather some work, and a good excuse to visit the Queens bedroom and chat with Lizzie.

Jimbuna
05-01-14, 01:10 PM
The last bloke who did that gave my Grandfather some work, and a good excuse to visit the Queens bedroom and chat with Lizzie.

Fagan?

Excuse the link :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2103411/Michael-Fagan-high-mushrooms-broke-Queens-bedroom.html

Oberon
05-01-14, 01:20 PM
Fagan?

Excuse the link :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2103411/Michael-Fagan-high-mushrooms-broke-Queens-bedroom.html

That's the one, my Grandfather said he was on the SOCO team that covered that.

Aktungbby
05-01-14, 01:41 PM

Try the Churchill; stayed a week there; not overly priced and close to everything. the wife gave the barkeep her recipe for an "old Fashioned" (with bourbon):up: Five blocks west of London central; even I walked it!

Jimbuna
05-01-14, 02:25 PM
That's the one, my Grandfather said he was on the SOCO team that covered that.

Most interesting...I once considered SOCO but didn't want to give up the 'thrill of the chase' stuff and having to wear the sterile garb.

Oberon
05-01-14, 03:51 PM
Most interesting...I once considered SOCO but didn't want to give up the 'thrill of the chase' stuff and having to wear the sterile garb.

Probably just as well, the dust from the fingerprint powder is not good for the lungs, although admittedly Malaya probably didn't help either considering we used Agent Orange quite liberally on it. Needless to say, he wound up with Pneumoconiosis, and/or COPD in later life. The smokes probably didn't help there either, to be fair. :hmmm:

TarJak
05-01-14, 04:55 PM

Try the Bloomsbury Palace Hotel. Just remember that the places in London are going to be a bit more expensive than places further out.

Jimbuna
05-02-14, 05:06 AM
Probably just as well, the dust from the fingerprint powder is not good for the lungs, although admittedly Malaya probably didn't help either considering we used Agent Orange quite liberally on it. Needless to say, he wound up with Pneumoconiosis, and/or COPD in later life. The smokes probably didn't help there either, to be fair. :hmmm:

That's a shame.

Try the Bloomsbury Palace Hotel. Just remember that the places in London are going to be a bit more expensive than places further out.

Yeah...the tariff can drop quite a bit as you move away from Central London and commuting back in for sightseeing is quite cheap.

This may be of some use to you:

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/book/london-hotels?gclid=COLVqov_jL4CFUTHtAod1T8AyQ

Betonov
05-02-14, 05:13 AM
Found a nice B&B yesterday on trivago, 97 pounds for two nights, single room, shared bathroom, free breakfast, 2miles from city centre.

Unfortunately I didn't have any money on my visa so I couldn't book and banks don't start work until monday.

TarJak
05-02-14, 07:02 AM
Under a hundred quid for two nights with Breakfast is a good deal. Well done.:woot:

Betonov
05-02-14, 07:15 AM
Under a hundred quid for two nights with Breakfast is a good deal. Well done.:woot:

Don't congratulate me yet. I can't book until Tuesday :/\\!!

Jimbuna
05-02-14, 11:08 AM

Only if it's a cooked Full English and not simply a bowl of rice krispies :)

TarJak
05-02-14, 04:10 PM
He's from Slovenia. He's used to goats milk in acorn coffee for breakfast. Rice crispies will be a big step up. :O:

Catfish
05-02-14, 04:13 PM
How does one get from immigrants to .. "pomegranates" ?? :hmmm: :hmm2: :88)

Herr-Berbunch
05-02-14, 04:26 PM
Try airbnb.co.uk - people rent out spare beds/rooms/houses for nights/weeks/months. This one is nice and cheap, £54 per night https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/1124294?checkin=15-07-2014&checkout=17-07-2014&s=OXR0

Others are available. :up:

Jimbuna
05-03-14, 04:41 AM
^ I hear each venue has a vault...they lock up the family silver first :)

Penguin
05-03-14, 11:11 PM
I don't want to upset you guys, but there might be a Jerry roaming through Britain at this time of the year...

Herr-Berbunch
05-04-14, 04:04 AM
Roaming is perfectly acceptable, however goose stepping with your mates looking for the living room isn't!

The more the merrier, particularly you Pingu. :up:

Any more? All welcome...

TarJak
05-04-14, 04:08 AM
Would be great to see you there mate. You know where and when we're together in York so book a room.

Penguin
05-04-14, 01:57 PM
Looking forward to see your ugly mugs! :salute: Don't worry about goose stepping, HB. I'll probably do the Heß and fly in.:O:
Just checked Düsseldorf-Leeds is 110€ for a round trip with Jet2. The only disadvantage is that I'd arrive in Leed at 21:30 - so I'd have to either stay a night there, or find a place in York which lets me check in late.

I can be more concrete next week, have to sort out some family stuff here and check out how the other 2 places I want to inva... ehm I mean visit in GB fit into our timetables.
By the end of the week, I can do the booking, depending on the plans I'll develop. I might have to extend the deadline of a project I'm working on by a week, as my target was the 20th. So I am glad I can put the blame for any delays on some dirty foreigners. :subsim:

Jimbuna
05-04-14, 02:14 PM
Hi Stefan...not heard from you on Skype for awhile.

You must come, I need someone to pay for my beer, being a pensioner is tough these days and yes that job we last discussed lasted three weeks because I strongly object to working in a frozen version of Hell :)

TarJak
05-04-14, 09:06 PM
Agreed, you must come, otherwise Jim will ask me to pay.:D

BossMark
05-05-14, 01:16 AM
Agreed, you must come, otherwise Jim will ask me to pay.:D
Or even worse he could ask me :haha:

Jimbuna
05-05-14, 05:13 AM
Or even worse he could ask me :haha:

Ha! More chance of Hell freezing over again, than getting a yorkshire pudding to pay for a drink :haha:

TarJak
05-05-14, 05:16 AM
Ha! More chance of Hell freezing over again, than getting a yorkshire pudding to pay for a drink :haha:

Jimbuna
05-05-14, 05:28 AM

They've got the deepest pockets and shortest arms known to mankind :03:

BossMark
05-05-14, 05:30 AM
Maybe more chance of Durham bowling Yorkshire out :haha:

Jimbuna
05-05-14, 06:36 AM
Maybe more chance of Durham bowling Yorkshire out :haha:

Or Leeds getting into the Premiership :haha:

Betonov
05-05-14, 12:30 PM
Damn it to hell, the only flight on the 13th arrives 17:45, which means any arrival in York will be at 10PM or later :/\\!!

I'm thinking of flying in a day earlier and we can start the trip up England before noon next day.

Jimbuna
05-05-14, 01:21 PM
Damn it to hell, the only flight on the 13th arrives 17:45, which means any arrival in York will be at 10PM or later :/\\!!

I'm thinking of flying in a day earlier and we can start the trip up England before noon next day.

Great idea, currently talking to Stefan on Skype and he has the same problem.

Tribesman
05-06-14, 03:25 AM
Here I come, for a week or maybe a month.

TarJak
05-06-14, 04:11 AM
The beer shout is getting larger. :sunny:

Tribesman
05-06-14, 05:55 AM
When I said "here I come" I meant I booked this morning and am going this afternoon.

Jimbuna
05-06-14, 06:13 AM

Aye....best bring a huge wad of Aussie Pesos :cool:

TarJak
05-06-14, 06:46 AM
Aye....best bring a huge wad of Aussie Pesos :cool:
I was hoping you poms might be shouting the first round. Not all of you are from Yorkshire are you?:O:

Aktungbby
05-06-14, 06:49 AM

In some places, "the beer shout is getting LAGER"!:Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Party:sorry; it was just there! have a lot of fun!:D

Jimbuna
05-06-14, 07:24 AM
I was hoping you poms might be shouting the first round. Not all of you are from Yorkshire are you?:O:

Rgr that...but you must make every effort to keep up the pace :)

TarJak
05-06-14, 07:31 AM
Rgr that...but you must make every effort to keep up the pace :)

No problem:Kaleun_Cheers:

Jimbuna
05-06-14, 08:07 AM
No problem:Kaleun_Cheers:

That's not what happened the last time :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hPNInS_Jdc&feature=plcp

TarJak
05-06-14, 08:11 AM
That's not what happened the last time :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hPNInS_Jdc&feature=plcp

I don't remember a thing.:O:

JU_88
05-06-14, 01:20 PM
OI OI!
Yeah if you meet in London count me in, I could do Duxford too. :woot:

Oberon
05-06-14, 02:02 PM
OI OI!

I think it's all sorted to happen in York, mate.

BossMark
05-06-14, 02:21 PM
OI yer cheeky bugga :haha:

TarJak
05-06-14, 04:45 PM
OI OI!

York it is. There's a spare seat in the car I'm renting if you need a lift.

Jimbuna
05-07-14, 05:00 AM
OI OI!

Grab that offer of a lift to York F...would be great to see you matey :cool:

TarJak
05-08-14, 05:03 AM
Been corresponding with F via e-mail. He's a definite maybe. Looks like it will be quite a party.:woot:

Jimbuna
05-08-14, 06:01 AM
Nice one...he owes me a pint or three :03:

nikimcbee
05-22-14, 11:27 PM
Meanwhile, on Tarjak's Pommy holiday...
Up in Newcastle, Tarjak, BossMark, and bonny lad Jim, go to Jim's castle.:hmmm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZQ_Cbj1Mq8

Jimbuna
05-23-14, 04:57 AM
LOL there could well be eight Stooges at this Meet :)

nikimcbee
05-23-14, 12:05 PM
LOL there could well be eight Stooges at this Meet :)

...and that was how the apcolypse started.:/\\k::D

Jimbuna
05-24-14, 07:43 AM

Not too sure but should be good for a riot at least :)

TarJak
05-24-14, 04:41 PM
Not on my watch. York will be annhilated by the time we're finished with it.:arrgh!:

Herr-Berbunch
05-24-14, 04:53 PM

apcolypse? Me thinks one to many alcopops for Jason. :har:

TarJak
05-24-14, 05:47 PM
apcolypse? Me thinks one to many alcopops for Jason. :har:

Jimbuna
05-25-14, 05:26 AM
LOL :)

Jimbuna
05-25-14, 12:09 PM
Sooooo....what is the attendance list looking like?

I've got Grant, Tony, Mark, Anze, Jamie and better half.

Have I missed anyone?

Oberon
05-25-14, 12:23 PM

Have I missed anyone?

I don't think the better half will be coming sadly, I don't think she's going to be able to get the time off. :/\\!!

Jimbuna
05-25-14, 12:31 PM
I don't think the better half will be coming sadly, I don't think she's going to be able to get the time off. :/\\!!

Oh heck, that's a shame :-?

Look on the bright side though...you get to choose which of the guys you sleep with and she'll never find out :O:

Oberon
05-25-14, 12:32 PM
Oh heck, that's a shame :-?

Look on the bright side though...you get to choose which of the guys you sleep with and she'll never find out :O:

Oh, the possibilities... :haha: :arrgh!:

Jimbuna
05-25-14, 01:03 PM
Oh, the possibilities... :haha: :arrgh!:

A tip:

If your room has bunk beds and you end up sharing with the bed wetter, be sure to pick the top bunk or you'll get absolutely soaked in the middle of the night :har:

Oberon
05-25-14, 02:01 PM
A tip:

If your room has bunk beds and you end up sharing with the bed wetter, be sure to pick the top bunk or you'll get absolutely soaked in the middle of the night :har:

Saves time on showering I guess, I mean while up north do as the northerners do. :yep: :O: :haha:

Jimbuna
05-25-14, 02:50 PM
Saves time on showering I guess, I mean while up north do as the northerners do. :yep: :O: :haha:

Cheeky bugga :stare: and NO, Sydney is not in Northern Australia :)

Herr-Berbunch
05-26-14, 02:52 AM

Bloody stereotypes!

Don't worry, we'll get you a shandy. :D

BossMark
05-26-14, 04:05 AM
I know its a bit early, but any ideas where and what time we will be meeting up (hotel bar is my guess :D)

Oberon
05-26-14, 05:26 AM
Bloody stereotypes!

Don't worry, we'll get you a shandy. :D

Start me on the hard stuff straight away why don't you? :O: :haha:

TarJak
05-26-14, 05:40 AM
I know its a bit early, but any ideas where and what time we will be meeting up (hotel bar is my guess :D)

All depends on what time Anze gets into Stanstead. About 4-5 hours after then as I go via Ipswich to pick Jamie up, missus or no. :)

Jimbuna
05-26-14, 05:57 AM

Check-in time is 14:00 so I'm planning on being there for 12:00 and am open to suggestions as to which watering hole to meet up at.

BossMark
05-26-14, 06:12 AM
All depends on what time Anze gets into Stanstead. About 4-5 hours after then as I go via Ipswich to pick Jamie up, missus or no. :)

Check-in time is 14:00 so I'm planning on being there for 12:00 and am open to suggestions as to which watering hole to meet up at.
That sounds good to me.

Jimbuna
05-26-14, 06:41 AM
Just realised I have inadvertently deleted my email confirmation of the booking so I rang their 0800 number and received four further copies whilst talking on the phone with them :doh:

Herr-Berbunch
05-26-14, 06:07 PM
four further copies whilst talking on the phone with them :doh:

Hahaha :o
Hahaha :)
Hahaha :D
Hahaha :haha:

TarJak
05-26-14, 08:55 PM
Just realised I have inadvertently deleted my email confirmation of the booking so I rang their 0800 number and received four further copies whilst talking on the phone with them :doh:
Don't lose them now Jim will you?:O:

Jimbuna
05-27-14, 03:18 AM
Should be okay, I've left them all in my Inbox :03:

Herr-Berbunch
06-16-14, 04:42 PM

Have I missed anyone?

How about F and Stefan? :hmmm:

I could do with knowing. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but I may be able to provide an afternoon's activity that I can't imagine any of us would refuse. There may be a cost but I don't think it'd be too much. :D:D:D

Failure to pull it off would just mean more time in the pub trying to pronounce Anze's name right.

TarJak
06-16-14, 04:46 PM
F is out and not heard from Stefan.

Sounds intriguing.

I leave next Thursday morning so close I can almost taste the Webster's Yorkshire Bitter.:sunny:

Jimbuna
06-17-14, 07:57 AM
F is out and not heard from Stefan.

Sounds intriguing.

I leave next Thursday morning so close I can almost taste the Webster's Yorkshire Bitter.:sunny:

That's a pity, would have been great to meet up with them.

How about F and Stefan? :hmmm:

I could do with knowing. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but I may be able to provide an afternoon's activity that I can't imagine any of us would refuse. There may be a cost but I don't think it'd be too much. :D:D:D

Failure to pull it off would just mean more time in the pub trying to pronounce Anze's name right.

Hmmmmm now what could be more fun than trying to stay upright at a bar :hmm2:

Oberon
06-17-14, 11:34 AM
Contrary to earlier claims, the missus will be able to attend, so I'm afraid our secret eloping will have to wait, Jim. :oops:

Jimbuna
06-18-14, 07:47 AM
Contrary to earlier claims, the missus will be able to attend, so I'm afraid our secret eloping will have to wait, Jim. :oops:

Well that is great news indeed :sunny:

PM inbound and I should imagine TarJak will be having a good laugh when he reads this post :)

TarJak
06-18-14, 07:56 AM
Well that is great news indeed :sunny:

PM inbound and I should imagine TarJak will be having a good laugh when he reads this post :)

I did this morning when I got up.:D

Jimbuna
06-18-14, 08:14 AM
I did this morning when I got up.:D

I reckoned as much :)

TarJak
06-18-14, 08:34 AM
1 week till I get on a plane.:sunny:

Not that I'm counting the days.:yep:

Jimbuna
06-18-14, 08:50 AM
1 week till I get on a plane.:sunny:

Not that I'm counting the days.:yep:

Of course not but does the previous topic change anything at your end?

nikimcbee
06-18-14, 09:23 AM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02942/Kim_Jong_Un_submar_2942993c.jpg

Crashin' you party, sinkin UR ships.

Jimbuna
06-18-14, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't be seen dead in a bar with anyone sporting a haircut like that :)

nikimcbee
06-18-14, 10:09 AM
I wouldn't be seen dead in a bar with anyone sporting a haircut like that :)
Don't you need hair, to get a haircut like that?

oh hey, look at the time.:D

TarJak
06-18-14, 03:29 PM
Of course not but does the previous topic change anything at your end?
No why would it?

Don't you need hair, to get a haircut like that?

oh hey, look at the time.:D
:har::har::har:

Jimbuna
06-19-14, 06:11 AM
No why would it?

No matter.