PDA

View Full Version : [TEC] DC Barrels Wasserbomben

THE_MASK
01-12-14, 04:07 PM
[TEC] DC Barrels Wasserbomben
Is there something that can be added to the gr2 barrels in goblin to get the radio operator to hear the barrels with the hydrophone ?

gap
01-12-14, 06:39 PM
[TEC] DC Barrels Wasserbomben
Is there something that can be added to the gr2 barrels in goblin to get the radio operator to hear the barrels with the hydrophone ?

Can you give me an example of any other sound (except propeller sounds indeed) which is reported by the sonar guy? Torpedo explosions maybe? :hmm2:

THE_MASK
01-12-14, 07:02 PM
I really am clueless other than knowing that in sounds there are
Depth charges splashing on water surface 1_hyd etc .
What about adding unit_ship or something to the sim file of the Barrels, i am just rambling on now .

gap
01-12-14, 07:11 PM
I really am clueless other than knowing that in sounds there are
Depth charges splashing on water surface 1_hyd etc .

They shoud be audible to the player (both at the hydropone and through the hull if you are close enough), but the sonar operator won't report them

What about adding unit_ship or something to the sim file of the Barrels, i am just rambling on now .

Even if that was possible, the sonarguy would report "new ship detected" :hmm2:

THE_MASK
01-12-14, 08:01 PM
A lot of things were added by Speech fixes and additions mod .
Silent Hunter 5\MODS\Speech fixes and additions (english version)\data\Cfg\Message_SO

Most things I have never seen in the message box in the game like
Depth_charges_in_the_water_sir
Enemy is pinging us
Enemy_ship_engaging_us_sir
Destroyer in attack run
New contact, but I can't make out what it is

The menu has very little in the way of sound guy message box text .

Rongel
01-13-14, 05:13 AM
Stormys soundmod and my old Battlestations soundmod adds "Wasserbomben!" audio FX when DC's splash in to the water. We directly added the sounds to the DC's sound FX when it splashes into water. There is several soundfiles in the playlist and some of them are silent, so soundman can't detect all DC's. So he isn't really hearing them, but I think that the system works well enough to give that illusion.

There is a lot of sound files that have we don't hear in the game, they have no controllers, or they are stored in the exe file.

Oby
01-19-14, 08:34 PM
A sound of a sinking ship is also missing on hydrophone.Can't hear it when the ship goes down, but you can hear the sound in external camera.Any suggestions how we could fix that?:wah: