PDA

View Full Version : Most realistic mod?

swampy
12-31-13, 08:01 PM
Hi, I just bought a new pc and thougt I give sh 5 a try. Ive been playing SH 3, but I know nothing about the mods for this game.
I want to do as much as possible by hand, and would like the hardest/most realistic gameplay. No map contacts, no help from felow officers etc

What mod/mods should I get?

Thx

gi_dan2987
12-31-13, 08:21 PM
Well if you want total and complete realistic gameplay, I would say go for SH3+GWX3 for starters. SH5 is all about the eye candy and keeping drama under control within the sub.

Here's my "mod soup" to give you an idea.

GWX Optional Mods (comes with the full mod)

GWX-16km atmosphere
GWX-Alternate loadscreen full circle
GWX-Alternative Flotillas
GWX-Axis Mediterranean aircraft skins
GWX-Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX-No Medals on Crew
GWX-VIIC41 Player sub
GWX-Late War Sensors and Snorkel Antennas

"Ala Carte" mods from Subsim.

Recognition Manual Data
Depth Charge Water disturbance by TheDarkWraith
"No Jawohl" mod by Sailor Steve
Das Boot Periscope Sounds
Destroyers and Corvettes realistic sounds
Hitman's optics for GWX3v.1 (A must have!)
Enhanced Torpedo Damage Graphics v2.0
WB's Fuel Economy v1.2
WB's Mission Orders Lite v1.1
Extra Historical Bases
Ultimate Aircraft Sound Mod
WB's Renown Replacement
Lifeboats and Debris v4

Coming from a guy who's played and owns Silent Hunter 3,4, and 5, I would say SH3 is the best hands down with the right mod soup. No other title in the SH series has had this much attention from modders and people fixing bugs.

swampy
12-31-13, 08:56 PM
Ok thanks! I do have sh 3 with GWX but not all the mods you recommend so Im going to try them.
You are probably right that SH 3 is better, but I am going to try a moded SH 5 just to check it out

gi_dan2987
12-31-13, 11:17 PM
Well go ahead and try SH5, but I think the learning curve is a bit much to overcome. I like patrolling and racking up tonnage, not running around being bed-check Charlie. Of course, this is just my opinion, I'm a die hard Grey Wolves Gold fan! :arrgh!:

THE_MASK
01-01-14, 12:08 AM
Try my mod list with the exe patcher and 100% realism . You wont get too far in the game before you are killed .

gi_dan2987
01-01-14, 02:37 AM
Try my mod list with the exe patcher and 100% realism . You wont get too far in the game before you are killed .

He's looking for realism, not something that's going to make him quit playing permanently after 5 minutes :har:

swampy
01-01-14, 03:19 AM
He's looking for realism, not something that's going to make him quit playing permanently after 5 minutes :har:

No no thats fine, difficult is good

gi_dan2987
01-01-14, 10:29 PM
No no thats fine, difficult is good

That it is, and it makes the kills more rewarding too!