PDA

View Full Version : AS TIME GOES BY

THEBERBSTER
09-25-13, 06:26 PM
Hi Guys
It's July 24th 1941 and I have just finished the Siege of Tobruk and my next mission does not start until October 1st. I can't use "change days in the bunker" as I have not completed Mare Nostrum. Do you know of any ways I can advance to my nest patrol date?

gap
09-25-13, 06:51 PM
Hi Guys
It's July 24th 1941 and I have just finished the Siege of Tobruk and my next mission does not start until October 1st. I can't use "change days in the bunker" as I have not completed Mare Nostrum. Do you know of any ways I can advance to my nest patrol date?

07.24.41 01:48AM - BdU to U-THEBERBSTER

CURRENT OPERATION CANCELLED. SUSPECT AGENT ACTIVITY IN NW AFRIKA.
HEAD STRAIGHT FOR CASABLANCA. FURTHER INFORMATION TO FOLLOW

================================================== ==========

07.24.41 01:51AM - to Klt. THEBERBSTER

OPERATION CODENAMED 'AS TIME GOES BY'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pfr9uXA580
CLASSIFIED DOCUMENT. EAT AFTER LISTENING.

BdU

THEBERBSTER
09-26-13, 07:46 AM
Request permission where to refuel. Have timber on board to make oars but no rollocks.

gap
09-26-13, 08:09 AM
09/26/41 03:09 PM BdU @ U-THEBERBSTER

NO REFIT UNIT AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA. USE IDLE CREW ONBOARD AS ROWLOCKS.
DUMP EXCEEDING CREW TO REDUCE WEIGHT.

THEBERBSTER
09-26-13, 12:40 PM
Crew have mutinied. Am strapped to periscope. Heil-glug-glug-glug.

gap
09-26-13, 12:57 PM
09/26/41 07:57 PM to U-THEBERBSTER

By order of the Führer stop Captain dipping drills.
Repeat STOP CAPTAIN DIPPING DRILLS and report position IMMEDIATELY.

BdU :shifty:

THEBERBSTER
09-26-13, 06:48 PM
Have periscope up trouser leg---appears I am walking on water--- Oh no it's just the uboat surfacing. I have been subjected to the uboat version of keel hauling. Only some of the crew mutinied as they did not want to hear Sam play it again so I have been saved--- Hurrah---I'm off for a cup of T and some court martialling. Perpetrators will not be shot but fired through the torpedo tubes.

gap
09-26-13, 07:32 PM
"Glad you made it through Kaleun!

Oncle Karl is extremely pleased about the stoicism that you have showed during the misadventures of your last patrol, and in appreciation of your sacrifice for the highest good of our beloved Nation, he has proposed your name for the Iron Cross.

Yet, war is still far from won, and we still need for heroes like you. Take advantage of your leave for a quick recovery, while we are arranging a special U-boat, fitted with a smoother periscope tube for your own comfort.

One last note Captain. Ordnance shortages are forcing us to harsh measures. Mutineers from your last patrol will be embarked aboard your new vessel. For your next patrol, make sure to fire them only against valid targets as envisaged by Prize Laws." :yep:

Your Flotilla Leader :salute:

THEBERBSTER
09-27-13, 11:08 AM
Hi Gap
Enjoyed the banter.
No one answered my question, however I have now managed to start my new patrol after having to do 28 end patrols in the bunker. I have the mod "change days in the bunker" set at 3 rather than the default 14 which unfortunately did not help.
Best wishes Peter