PDA

View Full Version : what's the holdup on new player subs?

Santini
08-21-13, 01:10 PM
Digging around in goblin, it looks like just about everything is there... What is stopping IX and II boats?

volodya61
08-21-13, 01:50 PM
nothing.. people.. time.. I guess it will take more than a year for one person..

Targor Avelany
08-21-13, 04:24 PM
Digging around in goblin, it looks like just about everything is there... What is stopping IX and II boats?

Well, if it is so easy, you should try doing it :)
Flag v ruki, kak govoritsya. :up:

Santini
08-21-13, 04:29 PM
Well, if it is so easy, you should try doing it :)

I'm giving it serious thought

volodya61
08-21-13, 04:33 PM

:rotfl2::har:

PS: it was untranslatable Russian humor (in case anyone suspects something) :O:

Targor Avelany
08-21-13, 04:38 PM
:rotfl2::har:

PS: it was untranslatable Russian humor (in case anyone suspects something) :O:

I thought you would get it, volodya :)

Just so nobody thinks I'm offending the op - the phrase means something like "wind in your sails", this is the closest I seem to be able to translate.

p.s. volodya, just a note: I never managed to find any info on the conning towers for IX. I think eventually, when I will have time, i'll just make em same as VII :)

volodya61
08-21-13, 05:03 PM
p.s. volodya, just a note: I never managed to find any info on the conning towers for IX. I think eventually, when I will have time, i'll just make em same as VII :)

There is some info for IXC - http://www.4sync.com/archive/-GvrmBL_/type9.html
maybe you will get some useful things there..
also, my friend Wise (you can get contact in my friends list) currently work on IXC for SH3.. he has much info about Type IX, mostly in Russian.. project not finished yet.. when you return to your project maybe I'll let you know some new information :salute:..

Targor Avelany
08-21-13, 05:35 PM
There is some info for IXC - http://www.4sync.com/archive/-GvrmBL_/type9.html
maybe you will get some useful things there..
also, my friend Wise (you can get contact in my friends list) currently work on IXC for SH3.. he has much info about Type IX, mostly in Russian.. project not finished yet.. when you return to your project maybe I'll let you know some new information :salute:..

AWESOME!!!!
Heck yeah, I'll bug you soon!

gap
08-21-13, 05:39 PM
What is stopping IX and II boats?

Besides the time required for modelling and texturing the new boats, porting them to the GR2 format, adding the required controllers and setting them appropriately, etc, to my knowledge the main obstacles are:

- adding new meshes to a GR2 file is currently not possible; it means that any new sub would have, at best, the same number of "parts" as stock subs;

- animations are still not supported by TDW's editor

- most important, player units are hardcoded; even if (theoretically) fully functional, new subs wouldn't be recognized by the game unless we manage to break the code used for "registering" playable subs

volodya61
08-21-13, 05:53 PM
I recall one more thing.. when Trevally put the Type II AI(!!) in a campaign, CTDs have begun..

gap
08-21-13, 06:02 PM
I recall one more thing.. when Trevally put the Type II AI(!!) in a campaign, CTDs have begun..

But not for everyone :doh: :hmm2:

volodya61
08-21-13, 06:24 PM
But not for everyone :doh: :hmm2:

Yes, not for everyone.. for low and middle specs machine owners mostly.. same with NewUIs 7.5.0 test, some players got CTDs using it.. look at the Sober's thread.. so, I guess, this game with mods needs more and more resources.. :-?

Santini
08-21-13, 08:13 PM
Yeah, my thoughts were basically a mod in which you have ixb, c, c/40 and d2, taking the place of a, b, c, c41. So a campaign mod for just type 9 action.

And the models would be stretched versions of thee existing ones

Kinda like that scene in silence of the lambs.