PDA

View Full Version : Navigator about to "Walk the Plank"!

kevinsue
05-26-13, 02:54 AM
G'day all....Just wondering why the Navigator refuses to do a celestial fix? When I press the icon for celestial fix, I just get a weather report. Running real nav automation, I see "noon fix....calculating position, at 1200Z I still only get a weather report and nothing else. It isn't due to visibility because the weather has been clear.:sunny: The only time I get a celestial fix is at the very start as you enter the game. He has no problem with a DR position fix. I don't know if this is because of a function of the Real Navigation mod and the player has to do all the celestial fixes, or I have a problem with my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THE_MASK
05-26-13, 03:20 AM
G'day all....Just wondering why the Navigator refuses to do a celestial fix? When I press the icon for celestial fix, I just get a weather report. Running real nav automation, I see "noon fix....calculating position, at 1200Z I still only get a weather report and nothing else. It isn't due to visibility because the weather has been clear.:sunny: The only time I get a celestial fix is at the very start as you enter the game. He has no problem with a DR position fix. I don't know if this is because of a function of the Real Navigation mod and the player has to do all the celestial fixes, or I have a problem with my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.I have never had this problem . Is the navigator hurt . I dunno what the problem is .

TheDarkWraith
05-26-13, 03:28 AM
G'day all....Just wondering why the Navigator refuses to do a celestial fix? When I press the icon for celestial fix, I just get a weather report. Running real nav automation, I see "noon fix....calculating position, at 1200Z I still only get a weather report and nothing else. It isn't due to visibility because the weather has been clear.:sunny: The only time I get a celestial fix is at the very start as you enter the game. He has no problem with a DR position fix. I don't know if this is because of a function of the Real Navigation mod and the player has to do all the celestial fixes, or I have a problem with my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How long have you waited? It takes time for the navigator to calculate a celestial fix.

kevinsue
05-26-13, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the reply...No he's not hurt and I've rechecked after an hour or so and still no celestial fix, only a weather report. As I mentioned, he has no problems with dead reckoning at all....just getting ready for work..night shift:down: so i"ll keep trying to get to the bottom of this in the morning.

TheDarkWraith
05-26-13, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the reply...No he's not hurt and I've rechecked after an hour or so and still no celestial fix, only a weather report. As I mentioned, he has no problems with dead reckoning at all....just getting ready for work..night shift:down: so i"ll keep trying to get to the bottom of this in the morning.

Run the DbgView app found in \data\Applications before starting the game. It will probably reveal what's going on.

kevinsue
05-27-13, 02:08 AM
I thought it might be something to do with commenting out "2273 your submarine" in the menu as per Sober's instructions for real navigation.
I uncommented this entry and did a test and 17 minutes after request, I got a celestial fix!
I thought I would confirm that was what the problem was, so I commented out entry "2273" again and did another test.
After waiting 30 minutes I thought I had confirmed what the problem was then lo and behold, at 46 minutes....another celestial fix! The next request took 26 minutes and the one after that, 23 minutes.
So go figure....this is the first time the celestial fix request has worked for me.:woot:except for the initial one when you enter the game.
Now if I can get to the bottom of why the mouse in/out function of TDW's new UIs is corrupted when I install Sjizzle's charts, I'll be a happy camper:D

My Mod List for interest.

German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
Accurate German Flags
sobers game loading tips V5 SH5
DBM Background Video
SteelViking's Bunker Fixes V1.0
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior
Fix SteelViking-HotSoup-WaterDrips
silentmichals interior mod 1.2.1
ALTAC
DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 5.c Ambient Settings - Darker Nights-No Murky Waters
DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds
Small_trees_SH5_V1
sobers smoke screen V1 SH5 (DynEnv compatible)
sobers water splash anim SH5
sobers base sky mechanics V1
sobers better terrain v3 SH5
sobers more trees SH5
SH5_7A_Conning_Fix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_ byTheBeast
SH5 Longer Repairs v.1
AI_sub_crew_1_0_2_TheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_21_ByTheDarkWraith
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional -6db damped Sonarguy
Stormys_DBSM_additional_creaks_and_noises_1.0
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_0_RadCapTools_0_2_alpha
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_0_No_Snorkel_Exhaust_Smoke
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_0_Real_Navigation
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
gap - HD 1 deg Scope Bearing v 1.0
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith_Patch_1
IRAI_0_0_39_Inertia_Damage
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible
Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.1.0
KZS Hull wetness for U-Boats + co tower and deck_revised_by_TheDarkWraith
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
sobers green crew training V4 SH5
TDW FX Fix for Sobers chimney smoke
Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.2 - Option Two
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2.2
Memel Terrain fix for OH2 V2.2
Scapa Terrain fix V4 for OH2 V2.2
OH II Minefield map for TDWs Ui
TDW_Mines_Subnets_Detectable_in_hydro (OH II )
_addon sheet_RPM Hydrophone Merchants 2.0 -for OHII full v2.2-
All sounds included
Expanded Navies by Cybermat47 v.1.0.0
smaller flags for Warships 1_0b
sobers Lights Cfg V5 SH5
Trevally Tutorial - All v0.2(for OHIIv1.3)
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.9
Trevally TDC Help v2
MadMaxs_SH5_Subdiesel (mono) v2
Old Stile Explosions Baza_FX (DynEnv compatible)
AST_SH5_v2
Alternate Sinking Mechanism (AST) (edited + modified for AI Damage Control Patch)
one ship, one torpedo v1.00
MightyFine Less Annoying Footsteps 1.0
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style
AOB slide ruller for TDW UIs and MO by stoianm
Warfox deck crew always whispering SH5 German Version
SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.11
SH5Lifeboat_Wooden ver. 0.2
Harbour_Mod_by_HanSolo78_reworked_for_OHIIv2.2_by_ Trevally
Shadow Improvement Mod
ImprovedWaves_Improved Pitch&Roll
stoianm realistic color exterior mod (high color)v1
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Radio Paris French Music Full Version 1.2
Messervy_s_gramophone_pack1
RPM Hydrophone merchants 2.0 -for OHII full v2.2- (english)
Fifi_NoReflections_compatible_RPM_Hydrophone_Merch ants_2.0
TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_94_0