PDA

View Full Version : How do you make ships that don't shoot when fired upon?

Blacklight
01-21-13, 01:34 AM
I'm setting up a training scenario where the player has to track and kill a Russian Victor and a Krivak. The problem I'm running into is that since this is a training mission, I want neither to be able to fire weapons. I picked these targets to give my friend, who I'm training, a challenge for tracking and shooting purposes.
Every time I fire off a shot, these guys shoot back with extreme prejuduce. I tried setting their side to "Peacetime" in "Rules of Engagement", but they still shoot. Is there a way to get these guys to not shoot other than going into the database and editing them?

Hawk66
01-21-13, 12:56 PM
I'm setting up a training scenario where the player has to track and kill a Russian Victor and a Krivak. The problem I'm running into is that since this is a training mission, I want neither to be able to fire weapons. I picked these targets to give my friend, who I'm training, a challenge for tracking and shooting purposes.
Every time I fire off a shot, these guys shoot back with extreme prejuduce. I tried setting their side to "Peacetime" in "Rules of Engagement", but they still shoot. Is there a way to get these guys to not shoot other than going into the database and editing them?

Might be not the simplest solution, but just copy the platform in the db editor and remove the weapons and then just use the copied platform...?

Blacklight
01-21-13, 03:53 PM
What I'm trying to do is a multiplayer scenario where one guy is in a sub and another guy is a trainer who is in another sub nearby. I'm training my friend over Skype. I wanted him to have one of each of the two types of sub targets, a sub and a surface ship with the goal of killing one and then the other. The thing is, every time one of us shoots, the enemy shoots back which isn't cool for training a first timer who barely understands TMA, I wanted him to have military type targets. I would like to do this without having to edit the database. We're both using LWAMI 3.11 and I don't want to mess anything up and also, I have no clue what I'm doing with database editing anyway. My last attempt at it ended in abject failure and various unsuitabilities.
Is there no way around this other than just changing the targets to civilian targets that won't have the defenses that a military target would have?

I mean, if I put a civilian sub in there, it's not going to drop decoys. If I use a civilian ship, it's not going to have any ability to avoid or stop a torpedo.

I've even set up rules of engagement that state that the player side is friendly with the target side but that doesn't stop them shooting back.

Elena
01-22-13, 09:32 AM
Simply make the Ships belong to the same side than you, or create an Alliance between sides 1 and 2, and the Enemy vessels Side 2 while you are 1. :)

And of course, uncheck 'show friendlies' on the map, so he won't see the targets without detecting them first. Or, if you want him to see them from the beginning on, leave it checked :D

They will still drops decoys and go evasive, but won't attack you directly, if they know about your position.

Blacklight
01-22-13, 08:40 PM
Thanks. I'll give that a try.