PDA

View Full Version : NYGM Torpedo Problems

Harald_Lange
12-10-12, 10:24 AM
I've read through the NYGM manual but I seem to have lost the part about the simulated Torpedo crisis early on in the war.

Quick question: I've got the hsie modded exe and the latest NYGM mod installed. I appear to be having torpedo failures pretty much ALL of the time. Its very rare that one actually detonates. Most either go off to soon or are running WAY too deep.

I'm wondering if it really was this bad? I've pretty much given up on using Torpedoes and go after everything with the deck gun. I want it to be realistic, but also want to be sure its not acting up. I'm playing late 1939/early 1940 right now.

Quick mod list, just to see if anyone can notice a bad combination of mods:

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6B
Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed)
MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM
NYGM HiRes Submarines
IABLShipsforNYGM_New
GWX_ICONS
Enhanced Nav Map Plotting Tools
Minefield JPGs
NYGM Tonnage War Minefield Mod
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
CaptainAmericaOfficerIcons
Restore Gods Eye View
1500 meter bearing overlay
3rd Flotilla Mod
KB's Diesel Sound Mod
SH3_Commander_Updates_for_NYGM
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1
Das Boot Clothes
Seafloor SF V3 Final

Thanks

Wreford-Brown
12-10-12, 11:10 AM
I had similar problems and got frustrated - exactly as the Kaleuns in WW2 got frustrated when they set up a perfect shot and the torpedoes didn't work!

AFAIK, the mod is working as it is meant to...

Harald_Lange
12-10-12, 03:51 PM
thanks Wreford-Brown, I guess I'll just keep shouting

Verdammt!!

Harald_Lange
12-13-12, 05:04 PM
Thats what I love about this game, just when you think its becoming predictable, it surprises you again. Heading home rather miffed about my torpedo problems, I'd just made it round and down the east coast, and was about to set an easterly course for the safety of Willhelmshaven. Suddenly I get a sound contact of a merchant on a perfect intercept course, 8 knots.

Lie in wait, fire off 2 of my duff eels just for the heck of it, and:

Boom!
Boom!

Follow the large merchant for a few KM's at periscope depth, before plucking the courage to blow ballast and let her have it with the deck gun. Scratch another 7K Tonnes!

Well forget heading for home, maybe some of these eels will do the trick, I'm going to tempt fate and linger around Harwich and see what comes my way. :rock:

Sailor Steve
12-13-12, 05:11 PM
This will give you some insight into the reality of what they faced:
http://www.uboat.net/history/torpedo_crisis.htm

Harald_Lange
12-13-12, 05:17 PM
This will give you some insight into the reality of what they faced:
http://www.uboat.net/history/torpedo_crisis.htm

Awesome, thank you!