PDA

View Full Version : SH5 mods not "taking" on Vista 64b.

C.Callaghan
07-29-12, 08:38 AM
Hi all,

I had to format my computer over the weekend and I am having terrible issues trying to get any SH5 mods activated at all on the fresh install.

SH5 is a new install, patched to 1.2. I have started a new game, activated all the chapters by typing in the 'code' and selected happy times (this is all prior to enabling the mods btw) and started a new game, quit to Windows .

I have followed Stoianms' guide on youtube to the letter, creating a folder on desktop and extracting mods to this, then using JSGME to import the required mods, again - all steps followed 1-3 as per instructions.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/33/jsgmepic.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/jsgmepic.jpg/

I then restart SH5 and load the autosave created when starting the new game, however, the mods are not activating. No additional UI or anything. I have set JSGME to run as admin/admin + compatibility mode/compatibility mode only and uninstalled SH5 three times now.

It is very strange as I did not have this issue first time around! Any help trying to get this working would be awesome as I am now offiicially at my wits end and can think of nothing else to try! thanks all

Webster
07-29-12, 01:03 PM
ok lets get the basics out of the way:

have you

1 confirmed jsgme is in the main game folder and not the data or ubisoft folder?

2 have you opened all mods first to be sure you are putting the correct mod folder into jsgme?

3 did you let the game install by itself or did you try to redirect it to another location which isnt needed to be done

4 tried to copy old files or did you start with all new mod versions which is the best method?

just needed to cover the basics

C.Callaghan
07-30-12, 06:35 PM
Embarassingly enough, no.... Literally around 30 minutes after posting i noticed that the MODS folder was in the JSGME folder

C:/Ubisoft/sh5/Jsgme/Mods

deactivated mods, deleted jsgme, resinstalled to correct path - worked like a dream!

Thanks though, i feel a bit silly now!

Webster
07-30-12, 08:06 PM
hey, its usually the small simple stuff that gets us lol :O: