PDA

View Full Version : Distress flares: what mod??

fitzcarraldo
07-22-12, 07:10 PM
Dear Caps: I would to see some distress flares in SH4 (with TMO and RSRDC), but I donīt know about the existence of a mod for that effect. I never see a flare launched from a japanese merchant or warship in SH4 (TMO or FOTRS...).

Many thanks in advance!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Hylander_1314
07-22-12, 08:40 PM
I don't think they were modded, nor part of the original game.

Webster
07-22-12, 09:13 PM
flares werent used so thats why they arent modded, only star shells are in the game used by DD for searching and finding subs but no ship would give its position away or light itself up against the darkness to invite a torpedo attack on it.

think about it, no matter what your situation you would never declare your position with a signal or distress flare except in peace time and never during war

Tempest555
07-22-12, 09:53 PM
Oh my New Guinea mission last night off Wewak(mod soup-mission I designed) they could not locate me-the task group leader was veteran (Parkers TinCan with a Y-gun) -but his CHA-1 subchasers were set at competent. Star shells were being mortared all over where they thought I was (I was DEEP below the thermal layer at 1 knot silent running). It really is something to see with the star shells and searchlights.

fitzcarraldo
07-23-12, 08:40 AM
flares werent used so thats why they arent modded, only star shells are in the game used by DD for searching and finding subs but no ship would give its position away or light itself up against the darkness to invite a torpedo attack on it.

think about it, no matter what your situation you would never declare your position with a signal or distress flare except in peace time and never during war

I read (I donīt remember the chapter), in Jim Calvertīs "Silent Running", the crew of USS Jack see distress flares launched from a japanese tanker, near Vietnam coast (then the French Indochina). I think in some times the ships launch distress flares, because that my question. In SH3 with "SH4 effects for SH3", and in LSH3, the ships launched distress flares (reds), when the ships sunk.

Many thanks to all the answers!

Fitzcarraldo :salute: