PDA

View Full Version : Question on Sen Toku sub

Tempest555
07-19-12, 04:20 AM
Nice AI sub. I could put it in a mission and it worked but it doesn't sink all the way even though I get a message it is destroyed.
Also it doesn't appear in the museum. Why is that?

Armistead
07-19-12, 09:28 PM
If you're using the one in game, it's not complete and only used as a docked ship, but there is a Sen Mod that allows you to add it to traffic, moves, , sinks, etc...

Tempest555
07-20-12, 01:40 AM
No it's the one that I downloaded after doing a search of the forum for it.

Armistead
07-20-12, 07:56 AM
It can take sometime to sink, but it will. Seems I recall destroying it a few times and it sit on the surface for hours, if you have to see it sink, put another torp in it or just wait.

I don't think he added it to the museum.

Madox58
07-20-12, 10:35 AM
Open the file Museum.cfg in the data/Museum folder.
Anything listed in that file does not appear in the museum.
:yep:

Tempest555
07-20-12, 11:37 PM
And sure enough privateer your right. I never ever edited or opened that file before. Now the Sen-Toku shows BUT it's conning tower is half way out of the water-do you know what file I need to edit it to get it to below surface/ Museum Mis doesn't list any vessels except a GATO, a friegter and an airplane.

I put 4 torpedoes in that thing-it listed as sunk-but it only went about deck awash.

Hylander_1314
07-21-12, 03:00 AM
Yep............, I put 6 torpedoes on that sub before it sank. I don't even waste torpedoes on them any more.

Webster
07-21-12, 12:22 PM
i might be remembering it wrong but i think the problem with the sin toku sinking is the damage model has only 3 spheres, one front one rear and one in the middle under the tower so auto target takes out the one in the middle then the rest of the torps have nothing to take out. next time adjust the torps to hit front, middle, and rear and 3 torps should sink it. just make sure the torps arent hitting the same spot

also the sen toku never explodes (except the deck guns) so it will just submerge and dissappear on you after it gets deep enough, if it sinks in shallow water it will never dissappear and you may just see the tower sticking up if its sitting on the bottom