PDA

View Full Version : Well crap!

finchOU
06-23-12, 01:32 PM
Finally got around to editing TDW UI user options file...and with excitment fired up the game.....this was short lived!

First off the main screen is screwed up. after hitting ok with sync with server...I see a mess. Basically two of the journal tabs are openned up. One says would you like to save supermarks, ship destroyed..etc. I can check mark them...but nothing happens when I try and save ..cancel.....or hit ok. It just stays on the screen. :hmmm:

well...even with these journal screens up (the export journal screen is under the screen from above).......There is an "Back" superimposed on the "Exit" at the lower left as well.

But ...I can select all of the other options on the main screen.....I thinking...well I'll just select a historical mission...just to see if it works...everything is normal during the loading...but get a CTD every time after about a minute of loading (picture on loading screen is black and white...then it pops into color...then CTD).

Things I changed in UI options (was unactivated at the time i MODed the file)....a bunch.....mostly tweating seconds and changing true to false and vice verse. Only changed two keys...A for crash dive and shift D to set 7.5 knots.

Things I changed besides the UI in MODS below: I Put SDBSM after Speech fixes and FX update, I disabled Critical Hits Torps. Thats it...everything else is the same.

The only thing I can think of....was that when editing the UI options file I pasted one thing in the wrong spot...when editing the setting 7.5 knots. but it wasnt on the command line. I'll post it below:

#[OPTION]
#CATEGORY=Fuel
#TYPE=7
#DESCRIPTION=Hotkey for ordering most fuel efficient speed
#VALUES=
#DEFAULT=[ False, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.M, False, False, False, False ]
#; the hotkey used to order most fuel efficient speed
#; Format:
#;
#;e ] MostFuelEfficientSpeedHotKey = [ True, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.D, False, False, False, Fals
#; False = disabled
#; None = key used
#; False = shift required
#; False = ctrl required
#; False = alt required
#; False = handled
#;
#; if you wanted to enable this without shift, ctrl, and alt required:
#; MostFuelEfficientSpeedHotKey = [ True, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.D, False, False, False, False ]
#;
#; if you wanted to disable this:
#; MostFuelEfficientSpeedHotKey = [ False, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.M, False, False, False, False ]
#;
#; Note: Keys.M is used by the Navigation Map in the stock game! It was used only as example here. Also the hotkey will only be recognized if the sub is surfaced
#;
MostFuelEfficientSpeedHotKey = [ True, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.D, True, False, False, False ] # change the M to whatever you want. You can't use M!

So I copied the bold Italic part with the upper Bold underline part..then pasted to the bottom...which i changed the shift to true..but left it false above? did I do wrong? or is the bottom line the only one that matters.

I really dont think the above would cause the journal thing tho! What happened? Any clue???

I'm going MAD! hahaha!

RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 DarkerNights V2.1
sobers best ever fog V12 SH5
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Speech fixes and additions (german version)
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_Real_Navigation
IRAI_0_0_37_ByTheDarkWraith
TDW_No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_1_1_0
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.9
OHIIv1.9_Patch1
OHII_traffic_speed_Fix_v2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.11
sobers green crew training V3 SH5

TheDarkWraith
06-23-12, 03:06 PM
Never edit the options file by hand. Use the app. You will avoid corrupting the options file and experiencing the problems you are having by using the app.

You can find the options file editor/viewer app in \data\Applications

finchOU
06-23-12, 03:50 PM
okay...found that. then how do I use it?

TheDarkWraith
06-23-12, 03:57 PM
okay...found that. then how do I use it?

Point it to the mods menu.txt file (File)
Point it to your SH5 installation (File)
Open the options file (File-->Open)
Double click items to change
There are tabs across the top to break items into logical groups

finchOU
06-23-12, 04:21 PM
okay..I think I found the menu text file....aka: SH5/MODs/NewUI069TWD/data/menu/menu.txt

the SH5 Installation file? which one is that....
sorry for my ignornace on the matter....not very computer savy...and this is tough for me! haha

Thanks for your help.

radcapricorn
06-23-12, 04:28 PM
File->Set SH5 install path... This will open folder selection dialog. Browse to your SH5 folder, i.e. C:\Ubisoft\Silent Huner V or whatever folder you installed the game to :)

Then File->Open... menu item will be active and you'll be able to open the options file.

finchOU
06-23-12, 04:33 PM
Thanks i'll give that a try!

Looks like its working...I'll let you know how it works out!! Thanks guys!!!