PDA

View Full Version : Where can i find the gun loading times?!

messageboy101
06-04-12, 08:58 AM
i want to mod the deck gun loading time's becuase i dont think they are realistic and to slow :yawn:, i think the submarines would load there guns faster
me working in the us army as anartillery loader
we can punch out 5 rounds per minute with a 155mm gun
the german's have the 8.8 Schnelladekanone also know as the 8.8 L/30 gun
they shot at low RPM about 6-7 grenades at max they shot 9-11 grenades

so you can see my point

please help

greets messageboy101

Sailor Steve
06-04-12, 11:31 AM
The 8.8cm gun could fire up to 15 rounds per minute - in tests. While a u-boat gun crew could load it that fast, hitting anything at all was difficult, and hitting something while firing that rapidly was pretty much impossible. A submarine is a very unstable gun platform and has no dedicated fire control system as on larger ships. The gun captain had to fire "on the roll", pretty much as they did back in the sailing ship days. Accurate rate of fire was not more than 3-4 rounds per minute.

Webster
06-04-12, 01:27 PM
in sh3 & sh4 you would look in the data/library/ and in you would see the "subparts" folder where there are the sim files that control each gun

if it is the same as sh4 then i believe thew stock reload settings for deck guns are 4 seconds

volodya61
06-04-12, 03:12 PM
Where can I find the gun loading time?

You can find it in data\Objects\Guns\Deck_Gun_GE88mm.sim
Stock reload time is 4 seconds, as Webster said.
You can change/edit it via Goblin Editor.

Madox58
06-04-12, 03:59 PM
The 8.8cm gun could fire up to 15 rounds per minute - in tests. While a u-boat gun crew could load it that fast, hitting anything at all was difficult, and hitting something while firing that rapidly was pretty much impossible. A submarine is a very unstable gun platform and has no dedicated fire control system as on larger ships. The gun captain had to fire "on the roll", pretty much as they did back in the sailing ship days. Accurate rate of fire was not more than 3-4 rounds per minute.

And you were most probably getting rounds sent your way as you tried to fire that deck gun!

4 rounds per second would be pretty good in those days.
What you put down range today does not enter into the realm of yesteryear.