PDA

View Full Version : lifeboat speed fix for TMO?

Bubblehead1980
05-07-12, 04:08 AM
Lifeboats spawn properly in TMO but they zip around or maybe its an RSRD thing, just wonderinf if anyone has a fix that adjusts their speed only, everything else seems fine.TMO 2.5 and RSRD is what I run.

Webster
05-07-12, 10:19 AM
try my realistic lifeboats mod

UPDATE: this mod has a conflict with TMO so i suggest you open my mod and use those settings to mod the TMO 2.5 lifeboat sim files to those numbers and it should then work without side effects for you

Bubblehead1980
05-07-12, 02:47 PM
try my realistic lifeboats mod

AFAIK it works with any mod

I did actually, caused some weird things, like a destroyerespawning 15 or so large lifeboats.I was actually going to PM you and ask you what parts deal with speed only as the spawning is right in RSRD for most part, its they speed away.

DrBeast
05-07-12, 03:24 PM
I did actually, caused some weird things, like a destroyerespawning 15 or so large lifeboats.I was actually going to PM you and ask you what parts deal with speed only as the spawning is right in RSRD for most part, its they speed away.

Not a result of Webster's mod, since it doesn't touch the spawn rate/quantity of lifeboats (I've been using it with TMO+RSRDC for quite some time).

Traveller
05-07-12, 05:58 PM
Bubblehead1980, I made a quick patch to slow down lifeboats in TMO 2.5 by half. Not tested (don't have TMO installed right now), but should work.

Install it last, over TMO 2.5 and RSRD mods.

Uploaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f5s3352k11ddwiu

Or... just install my Lifeboats v1.2 for OM 7.20. It should also work with TMO 2.5: http://www.mediafire.com/?au7sih8xtm5p0rj

Again, install it last, over TMO 2.5 and RSRD mods.

And about the 15 lifeboats destroyers are spawning.... were you using my Lifeboats v1.0 for OM 7.20 mod with TMO 2.5?

If so, use v1.2 instead (which also includes slower lifeboats). As you know, V1.0 was creating too many Allied destroyer lifeboat spawns.

Webster
05-07-12, 07:14 PM

my mod only changes the speed of the lifeboats and the men rowing them (the sim files), it doesnt touch any of the files that control when or how many lifeboats spawn (the dat files) so i can assure you its not my mod doing it, however another mod may be doing it but only when my mod is installed

what you can do is open my mod and use those settings to mod the TMO 2.5 lifeboat sim files to those numbers and it should work without side effects

i tried to download TMO 2.5 from gamefront and here at subsim but neither download works so i couldnt see what files ducimus modded in 2.5

Hylander_1314
05-07-12, 07:23 PM
Thanks for bringing this one up! Forgot I accidently dumped 90% of my SH4 mods, as completely forgot about this one!

Webster
05-07-12, 08:32 PM

ok i finally was able to get a download of TMO 2.5 and ducimus has his own lifeboat mod going on there so that is why you had strange side effects with my mod.

to get the lifeboats to act better i suggest you open my mod and use those settings to mod the TMO 2.5 lifeboat sim files to those numbers and it should work without side effects for you

DrBeast
05-08-12, 03:02 PM
ok i finally was able to get a download of TMO 2.5 and ducimus has his own lifeboat mod going on there so that is why you had strange side effects with my mod.

to get the lifeboats to act better i suggest you open my mod and use those settings to mod the TMO 2.5 lifeboat sim files to those numbers and it should work without side effects for you

I haven't noticed anything wonky with TMO2.5 and your mod, to be honest. What's the weird side-effect?

Webster
05-08-12, 03:35 PM
I haven't noticed anything wonky with TMO2.5 and your mod, to be honest. What's the weird side-effect?

in post #6 he reports DD spawning a lot of lifeboats when using my mod

i dont know since i dont have the gamre installed to test this so im going by his report only that there is a problem.

i did check TMO 2.5 files and found ducimus has his own version of the lifeboat sim files along with other lifeboat files in it so its possible my sims (being virtually stock) may not work correctly with it

i wouldnt think my mod has any effect with other mods but if its reported i have to assume its possible :06:

just to be safe i think its best to move my speed and horsepower settings to TMO lifeboat sim files tpo remove any chance of side effects happening

DrBeast
05-08-12, 09:33 PM
in post #6 he reports DD spawning a lot of lifeboats when using my mod

i dont know since i dont have the gamre installed to test this so im going by his report only that there is a problem.

i did check TMO 2.5 files and found ducimus has his own version of the lifeboat sim files along with other lifeboat files in it so its possible my sims (being virtually stock) may not work correctly with it

i wouldnt think my mod has any effect with other mods but if its reported i have to assume its possible :06:

just to be safe i think its best to move my speed and horsepower settings to TMO lifeboat sim files tpo remove any chance of side effects happening

Oh I see! Liferaft spawn rates, however, are controlled by each ship's .cfg file :hmmm:

Webster
05-09-12, 01:10 PM
Oh I see! Liferaft spawn rates, however, are controlled by each ship's .cfg file :hmmm:

hmm, i looked there and this is all i see:

[Unit]
ClassName=BBIowa
3DModelFileName=data/Sea/NBB_Iowa/NBB_Iowa
UnitType=20
MaxSpeed=33
Length=270.4
Width=33.4
Mast=45.5
Draft=11
Displacement=45000
RenownAwarded=2500
CrewComplement=400
SurvivalRate=90
SurvivalPercentage=20

[Unit]
ClassName=BBIse
3DModelFileName=data/Sea/NBB_Ise/NBB_Ise
UnitType=11
MaxSpeed=25.6
Length=220
Width=31.6
Mast=50
Draft=9.5
Displacement=33800
RenownAwarded=1300
CrewComplement=203
SurvivalRate=90
SurvivalPercentage=20

i see nothing about lifeboats :06:

Traveller
05-09-12, 05:16 PM
i see nothing about lifeboats :06:

CrewComplement=
SurvivalRate=
SurvivalPercentage=

These 3 affect lifeboat spawn chances and amounts. ;)

Bubblehead1980
05-09-12, 10:34 PM
This mod works pretty well, thanks.Definitely keeps them from zipping around.

Webster
05-09-12, 10:53 PM
CrewComplement=
SurvivalRate=
SurvivalPercentage=

These 3 affect lifeboat spawn chances and amounts. ;)

ok, well then TMO 2.5 or RSRDC must have a DD with some numbers out of whack then.

did you catch that Bubblehead1980 ? its not my mod doing it its that ships cfg file so figure out which DD it is and check what the

CrewComplement=
SurvivalRate=
SurvivalPercentage=

numbers are compared to other DDs