PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Lights

Gibbs1
05-03-12, 05:15 AM
Is there a way to add position lights? Could make more atmosphere when entering the harbour at night.

Gibbs1
05-12-12, 08:52 AM
Ok, i didn't give up the idea of navigation lights. Especially now that there are so many modern ships and boats for SH. My problem is that i don't know how to make green and red lights, and maybe white lights.

The lights could be turned on by the dive plane animation. When the boat is surfaced ant the dive planes are cleared, the lights could be turned on.

Is there someone willing to help me with this idea?

arnahud2
05-13-12, 05:14 AM
Hi,

I'm not really sure that, when patrolling surfaced against convoys, it would be advised to have Navigation lights turned on, especially during night.
Graphically, it would be a lack of realism.

In the other hand, i believe that you want navigation lights used only when sub comes back to friendly port, say within few nautical miles only from friendly coasts.

If you asked for that, i agree with you :yeah:.

But i could be wrong, as i' don't know exactly what was the american rules used for subs navigations lights within friendly seas such as ports area during WWII...

Gibbs1
05-13-12, 10:44 AM
Well, i see your point. Was just an idea.
Jhapprich's russian subs have all navigation lamps on there hull but none works.

Jackers
06-19-14, 02:57 PM
So...does anyone know of any skins that might include this? Thanks!