PDA

View Full Version : RSRD air cover, how to get more planes.

Bubblehead1980
04-30-12, 11:35 PM
Just not getting air contacts, esp in areas where I should say home islands.Thinking need to adjust RSRD's aircraft cfg file, i remember that is the file that controls it, but am not sure what to do once in the file.I do not want a stock spawn rate as it was ridiculous but would like to see planes more often, esp in hot areas where should see traffic.

Armistead
05-01-12, 01:41 PM
Sure someone smarter will come along, I changed the spawn rates of air traffic in game, but for airbases you would go to

Cfg/airstrike.cfg

Copy the file from RSRD and Stock and compare the settings and try using numbers in between. As I recall you should see lines like "enemy air probability"...i would think those would be the ones you adjust. I would also make it a small mod for yourself, instead of changing RSRD, plus you wouldn't have to deactivate it to make changes.

nikimcbee
05-01-12, 03:01 PM
If I remember, early on, everybody was complaining about too many airplanes.:hmmm::haha:

Bubblehead1980
05-01-12, 03:50 PM
If I remember, early on, everybody was complaining about too many airplanes.:hmmm::haha:

Yes, and I mentioned that.Stock was ridiculous in it's spawn rates and places planes, esp lone zeros would pop up. RSRD just has too few, need a balance.I have spent entire patrols off Japan without a single airplane spawning.I am sure it was not intentional but takes away from the sim.

nikimcbee
05-01-12, 04:05 PM
Yes, and I mentioned that.Stock was ridiculous in it's spawn rates and places planes, esp lone zeros would pop up. RSRD just has too few, need a balance.I have spent entire patrols off Japan without a single airplane spawning.I am sure it was not intentional but takes away from the sim.

I might be thinking of the stock game.

Bubblehead1980
05-01-12, 04:09 PM
I might be thinking of the stock game.

Yep.

I'm goin' down
05-01-12, 07:17 PM

My thoughts exactly.:haha: