PDA

View Full Version : British Submarine for US side??

iowa101
04-11-12, 01:39 PM
I just downloaded a file, It's a British submarine that's playable in the missions but not any campaign. Could someone tell me how to add it to the entire span of the US campaign? It's the only British Submarine on the game and I happen to be British so If it's not to much trouble could someone give me some advice :cry:

leadtail
04-11-12, 03:00 PM
You might like this mod. It's a British Mediterranean mod with a T-class and a U class in it. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181770&highlight=Mediterranean+mod

iowa101
04-11-12, 04:20 PM
Just tried it and it crash'd on me, is there anyway to make the one I have playable for US side, It's playable on the Quick missions and War patrols, but not playable in campaign.

I want to have it from the start to finish, But I need to know how. Also when I choose it in the missions the conning tower and other stuff is missing from the sub. How do I fix it??

peabody
04-11-12, 06:10 PM
Just tried it and it crash'd on me, is there anyway to make the one I have playable for US side, It's playable on the Quick missions and War patrols, but not playable in campaign.

I want to have it from the start to finish, But I need to know how. Also when I choose it in the missions the conning tower and other stuff is missing from the sub. How do I fix it??

First of all you need to let us know what version of SH4 you are using, and what mods you are using, it may not work at all if the other MOD is crashing on you.
You also say it works in Quick missions but there is no tower, that is not what I would consider "it works".

Usually if the tower does not show it is the UnitParts #. You will find it in the Data/UPCData/UPCUnitsData folder. Each sub has a UnitParts#subname.upc. If you have two numbers the same, that causes the problem, USUALLY, not always. So check the British sub mod and comapre it with the stock game files and see if there are two numbers the same. If there are, then change the British sub to the next unused number.

iowa101
04-12-12, 05:03 AM
Well, I have uboat missions and no mods at the moment, and what I mean by it works, is that it's playable and responds to every command.

The UPCUnitData shows this for the British Submarine - UnitPartsXSSU.upc would that be ok or would i need to change it?? I have no Idea how this game works.

peabody
04-12-12, 12:43 PM
Well, I have uboat missions and no mods at the moment, and what I mean by it works, is that it's playable and responds to every command.

The UPCUnitData shows this for the British Submarine - UnitPartsXSSU.upc would that be ok or would i need to change it?? I have no Idea how this game works.

It is not easy to figure it out since I don't even know what sub it is. But if it actually says, "UnitPartsXSSU.upc", then it is not right. I would assume the 'Readme' file probably tells you to replace the X with a number that is next in line so it will not conflict with any subs you already have. Or maybe that information was given in the thread for the sub. I don't know but it should be a number not an X. Once it is working, then we can worry about putting it in the campaign.

Is there somewhere I can download this to look at it? I might be more help if I actually had the sub.

Peabody

iowa101
04-12-12, 02:18 PM
I'll upload it for you, can't find where I got it from before.

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?rbwu66ic0a2aw3q

I think it's all there, please let me know

iowa101
04-13-12, 05:21 AM
All right so I managed to get the conning tower to load, now I'm working on tweaking something.

peabody
04-13-12, 01:45 PM
All right so I managed to get the conning tower to load, now I'm working on tweaking something.

I did download the sub and found one problem. It only has a range of 6000 miles so it would be almost useless in the Pacific. So I think you need to either raise the range or play with unlimited fuel, or write special missions for it since it can't do a lot of the stock missions.

From you first post do you need it added to campaign mode, and do you want the range increased? (If you need help with that part.)
Glad to see you got the tower problem fixed.

Peabody

iowa101
04-13-12, 02:30 PM
I would like the ranged increased and have it added to the campaign, I also found that it has a maximum number of 4 torps, i've tried to increase that following a tutorial but it had no effect what so ever :cry:

I also have a question, I'm playing around with Karle94's Alsace battleship in the quick missons, the only thing I don't like is camera, it's free move but moves with the ship instead of having a single pivot point, how do I change it back to stock camera??

keltos01
04-13-12, 03:33 PM
Did you try "We Dive At Dawn" ?

it has british subs, the T class and the U class (I think)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170639

regards

keltos

Hi Peabody !

peabody
04-13-12, 09:17 PM
Did you try "We Dive At Dawn" ?

it has british subs, the T class and the U class (I think)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170639

regards

keltos

Hi Peabody !

Hi Keltos, I wasn't sure if you were still around or not.

(My computer is dying...some of the SATA ports are acting very strange.....)

iowa101
04-13-12, 09:38 PM
hey, would someone be able to tell me how to make an AI ship playable?? The sub I'm still working on but I want to be able to switch focus as I get very annoyed so having something else to look at will help.

The ship is a BB, it's only AI as far as I know, and I want to make her playable. How would I got about that. please help me as this will be my first attempt at doing something like this ^^

Also, the British Sub I have is Currently very low on torpedo storage, how do I successfully add 12 slots of storage for the bow torpedo room??

peabody
04-15-12, 12:15 AM
Also, the British Sub I have is Currently very low on torpedo storage, how do I successfully add 12 slots of storage for the bow torpedo room??

You need to make changes in two places:
Data/Submarine/NSS_U/NSS_.sim
Data/Submarine/NSS_U/NSS_U.upc

1. Open the NSS_U.sim with Silent 3ditor (S3D).
2. Open the wpn_SubTorpedoSys
3. On the right side, find 'Rooms' open it.
4. Find 'Fore' and open it.
5. You should have Storage[4]
6. Right click on Storage and select "Add Array Item"
7. Do this until it says Storage[12], you will have items [0] to [11]
8. Save.

1. Open the NSS_U.upc with notepad.
2. Find the section:

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 4.Bunker 1] ; Forward Torpedo Room
ID=BowTorpedoRoom
Capacity=8
IDLinkAmmunitionIntervalDefault1= NULL, NULL, MkVIIITorpedo, 4

Change Capacity=12
Change IDLinkAmmunitionIntervalDefault1= NULL, NULL, MkVIIITorpedo, 12

3. Save.

OK, now that I have shown how it should be done. One question, did you take this sub from another MOD? As written, adding the extra storage does not work.

1. The torpedo tube type used on the sub does not exist in the stock files and is not in the mod.
2. The torpedoes used do not exist in the stock game and are not included in the MOD.
3. When you open the wpn_SubTorpedoSys is shows 4 storage for the "Rooms/Aft", there is NO aft torpedo room so this should not be there.
4. When you go to the equipment screen in game, you will notice in the Forward Torpedo room (the one on the right) there are no torpedo tubes listed, they do not exist. I do not mean the torpedo room screen where you see four torpedoes, I mean the equipment screen with the equipment used in each compartment.
5. Because of the above mistakes, the storage will not show since you are filling it with torpedoes that do not exist in the MOD.

So basically the sub needs a complete overhaul and either add the necessary equipment or use equipment that is in the game.

I did get the storage to work and the tubes to show by changing the tubes to "TorpedoTube21inUS" on the tubes AND in the bunker, and changing the torpedoes to "Mk14Torpedo"

So if this sub is taken from another MOD there are necessary files missing to make it work.

The explanation above is how to add more torpedoes to storage but it will not work unless the necessary tubes and torpedoes are available to use. For this sub to work properly you need the necessary files from the MOD it was from, or convert it all to equipment that is available to you in the stock game. The torpedoes may not be the only problem, the sub may use other equipment such as radars that are not stock, so I do not know how much of the sub actually works.

Peabody

iowa101
04-15-12, 05:45 AM
Thanks on the torpedo storage.

And no I downloaded as a single Submarine, not part of any mod.

peabody
04-15-12, 01:00 PM

Ok,well then they must have used it with some other MOD then, because of the missing parts. But I don't know what that mod would be.

So after you add the storage go to the Data/Submarine/NSS_U/NSS_U.upc
and find the four torpedo tubes (they are in compartment 4).

Change this line on all four tubes, it will change the tube to US and the torpedo to MK14:
IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault1= NULL, NULL, TorpedoTube21inUS, Mk14Torpedo

In the bunker change this line to use the MK14
IDLinkAmmunitionIntervalDefault1= NULL, NULL, Mk14Torpedo, 12

Peabody

peabody
04-15-12, 01:16 PM

There are some radars that are different too, so I suggest you do what Keltos and leadtail mentioned and download WDAD, then the sub should work without changing any tubes or torpedoes since the file are in the MOD. That NSS_U is in that mod but I don't know if it is the exact same one you have.

Here are links that sidslotm posted, the original link is broken:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20847636/WDAD_v100_7z

and this is a patch:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20847646/WDAD_V100_Patch1_7z

Peabody

iowa101
04-15-12, 01:29 PM
thank you, you guys have been great