PDA

View Full Version : Missing IJN cruisers?

Horus3K
04-03-12, 07:27 PM
Im playing TMO 2.5 which has alot IJN warships in it, but i was wondering if any ship classes are missing?

Im just shuffeling through my copy of Lacroix/Wells Japanese Cruisers of the Pacific War and see some cruiser classes are not yet modeled for SH4.

Following are missing if im not mistaken:

Tone/Chikuma Class(Pre WW1 protected scout/light cruisers, not the Tone we already have, im a bit confused about that)

Aoba Class(Pretreaty design, similar to Furutaka)

Myoko Class(Treaty design)

Improved Takao Class?(again im a bit confused here, since we have takao and maya in game and both are takao class, but with more than 5k tons difference?)

Ibuki Class (only one hull originally completed as a light carrier)

Oyodo Class(Sub squad flagship/aircraft cruiser)

Former Chinese Light cruisers Ning Hai and Ping Hai, renamed Ioshima and Yasoshima

Now if anyone feels the urge to do any of the above mentioned, i can highly recommend this book (ISBN 0-87021-311-3), and im happy to provide any information about IJN cruisers that i can find out with this book!:salute:
But i sadly cant provide any drawings or schematics from that book, for i dont have a scanner and its a BIG book, as well im not even sure if that would be legal?!:hmmm:

But i guess many of you guys might know this book already :)

Admiral Von Gerlach
04-30-12, 01:22 PM
That is a fine source indeed, and yes some of the classes you mention have not been modded yet. Our main hope is to get a workable IJN campaign launched, tho some are working on individual ship mods for both surface and sub surface ships form the IJN. It takes a lot of effort to get a totally new ship model working in SH IV and most are based on existing ships that are converted as workable. Some of the new ship add ons even have accurate bridges and more...and that is a great sign of progress.