PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?? American Civil War in SHIII ???

USS Sea Tiger
03-31-12, 03:44 PM
All, I am not the most technical user for SHIII, that is why I ask, I do know some basics and am a OK 3d model maker. I know the basics of how to get a sub and textures, and ships into SHIII and make them run.
I was just up the othernight though brainstorming. and thought HUMM, can American Civil war Ironclads, Rams, tinclads and such be added? I have looked deep into it and can see how it would be a MAJOR undertaking to say the least. The first step would be a feasibility of a user model with cannon, An ironclad be it Union or Confederate. I made one, imported it and had some success, SOME being the key word Here.
The CSS Albermarle and any single turrented Monitor is easy to make and make run by inserting it into the Type 21, as she only had 2 cannon and two props . I tested it, and the concept works. I think making the gunports operate though will be an imposssible task.
Can a uboat be made to have many cannon on deck? This would be needed it operate say 5 or 6 cannon, or more?
The second issue, Paddleboats. Can the points that operate the two propellers be turned 90 degrees and sidewheels be imported to operate this?
Would there be any interest in this?
Thank you for your time and thoughts and comments.
VR
Gene

bigboywooly
03-31-12, 04:03 PM
There is already a paddleboat for SH3
Rowi58 released it and IIRC is in LSH5

Not sure how easy would be to add 5 or 6 guns to a uboat model but giving the " guns " no traverse would mean could only fire at one angle whatever you set

Playable ships have been incorporated into the game and do fire many different guns independant of the player so maybe theres a starting point for you

USS Sea Tiger
04-01-12, 09:59 PM
I sidewheeler huh,, I am of to download this one and check it all out!!
thank you for the information!!

bigboywooly
04-02-12, 03:39 PM
ShuffleBoat=Paddlewheel Steamer from the LSH5 EnglishNames cfg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/bigboywooly/paddlesteamer.jpg

mercucio_09
05-03-12, 11:55 AM
http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy324/mercucio_09/Huascar/Huascar_June_1879.jpg

This is a WIP almost finished, the glorious warship "Huascar", june-1879 version, from the War of the Pacific (1879 -1883), playable in SH3. A Gatling machine gun (11 mm) on the mainmast works as AA gun. The stern cannon (76 mm) and 300pdr (254 mm) Twin Coles Turret can shoot, too. 76mm cannon can be used as AA gun or secondary ASuW. Another two 120mm Guns can't shoot yet. The famous Huascar's spur is effective in action in SH3 too.
The game Ironclads has American Civil War's ships. 3D models can be ripped using "3D ripper DX", edited in 3D Max and exported as .obj files. This .obj can be used in 3ditor.

Madox58
05-04-12, 02:37 PM
I'm not sure Totem Games would like you ripping thier 3D models and releaseing them?

That's pirating unless they said it's O.K.
:hmmm:

mercucio_09
05-04-12, 08:34 PM
I agree. :salute:
But, about the question: yes, it's possible! :O:

USS Sea Tiger
05-13-12, 07:54 PM
WOW,, that is a beauty!!!