PDA

View Full Version : HELP since no one answers in the OM forum

Bubblehead1980
03-20-12, 12:54 AM
June 1942 Type VIIC in North Atlantic. Running OM with patches and OMEGU. For some reason the game keeps CTD when I get near this convoy, very aggravating as so far I have a great patrol after a 4 day long pursuit of a task force, sank a light cruiser and a large cargo.

I don't want to pass this convoy up but saving and reloading(which usually works in OM to solve CTD when encountering TF or convoys) is not working this time.Any ideas? Anyone done any work to make OM more stable? Thanks in advance.

irish1958
03-20-12, 09:08 AM
I don't know the reason, but in SH3, you get a ctd if the convoy contains a ship in the campaign files that is not accounted for in other files. I suspect this is the problem here.

Bubblehead1980
03-20-12, 01:36 PM
I don't know the reason, but in SH3, you get a ctd if the convoy contains a ship in the campaign files that is not accounted for in other files. I suspect this is the problem here.

I suspected that myself
, wish lurker had not disappeared and could rectify it or someone with working knowledge of OM.I have really grown to enjoy OM(being an exclusive fleet boat guy before) but the CTD's when get around a nice convoy, just:damn: Thanks for the reply

sidslotm
03-20-12, 02:48 PM
I wonder if it's another mod causing the problem, if your using other mods with OM that is.:)

Armistead
03-20-12, 03:05 PM
I probably agree with Irish, that is the common answer. However, what usually happens is your game will crash the second you come in contact with the convoy, there is no time to save at this point. The point is, adding and playing with many extra ships, I've seen this and had my game crash when in contact, but never had a problem reloading the game, just steered away from that group making notes so I could go find the problem and correct it for next patrol. Makes me wonder if something else is wrong or a file is corrupt, you should be able to load your save since you didn't save near the convoy.

Mikemike47
03-20-12, 03:08 PM

Try using the SH Validator by The Dark Wraith
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20758151/SHValidator_2_0_3_by_TheDarkWraith_zip

It may give clues for what is wrong. Works on SH3 to SH5.