PDA

View Full Version : Total frustration with damage control ....!!!

Charlie901
02-23-12, 10:26 AM
Ok so I sunk a liberty cargo and I'm running silent and deep when I start getting dc'ed....

Engine room starts flooding like crazy and sub systems screen shows a little hammer pounding away like crazy on the DIESEL ENGINES....? :-?

Really?

So I eventually hit crush depth due to the flooding but at least my diesels were repaired to 86%.....

How the heck do you put a priority on flooding and why in the world would my idiot crew be auto repairng the diesels in this senario....?

So I'm running through the sub like a lunatic and happen to see several of my crewmen relaxing in their bunks and even READING A BOOK during this whole fiasco.

Am I missing something here with SH5's damage control system?

As bad as the micro management of the crew was in SH3 I really miss the control of the crew and being able to organize damage control teams and prioritize repairs.

I believe that the entire damage control aspect to this game is unfinished

Dignan
02-23-12, 10:42 PM
Wait until your chief gets a paper cut and refuses to start flooding control or damage control because he's "injured." That really sends me over the edge.

90% of SH5 has been modded to a more than acceptable level. This is one of the final things that really bugs me. Crew animations don't synch with what's going on and not being able to order damage control just b/c a few of your officers are injured.

That, and if someone can fix it so the magnetic detonators work on torpedoes...this game would be almost complete.

Hinrich Schwab
02-24-12, 01:11 PM
The issue is that the damage control function is tied directly to the LI and his "skills". The functions are basic critical functions that should not require the LI to be "minty fresh" to execute. If a boat is flooding in any of the other sims or IRL, even Bernard will help. The only skill I can see justified as attached to the LI is the "Repair Destroyed System" skill. This means that the Chief is jury-rigging something that technically should be out of service without a drydock. If the Chief is beat-up, he is obviously not in the condition to rig anything. Flooding and basic damage control need to be independent of the horribly broken skill system. I would expect to see a "Damage Control" tab on the Status menu handling all of these basic functions.

Paulski
02-24-12, 06:19 PM
That, and if someone can fix it so the magnetic detonators work on torpedoes...this game would be almost complete.

So that's why none of my torps detonated when I aimed them under the keel... :hmmm:

THE_MASK
02-24-12, 06:25 PM
Take a look at this file and see if you can adjust it . Its all in the save game files so its all relevant .

C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData\CrewMembers

why would there be a 1 chance factor for a life threatening wound and a 0.1 chace factor for a minor wound ?

Dignan
02-24-12, 06:36 PM
Take a look at this file and see if you can adjust it . Its all in the save game files so its all relevant .

C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData\CrewMembers

why would there be a 1 chance factor for a life threatening wound and a 0.1 chace factor for a minor wound ?

Would it be possible to mod this file so nobody gets injured ever? I'd rather have it that way than have the broken system that is currently in the game. Besides, I think it was rare for individual crew members to be injured. In sub warfare it was sort of all or nothing. Either everyone survived or the whole crew perished.

THE_MASK
02-24-12, 06:43 PM
Would it be possible to mod this file so nobody gets injured ever? I'd rather have it that way than have the broken system that is currently in the game. Besides, I think it was rare for individual crew members to be injured. In sub warfare it was sort of all or nothing. Either everyone survived or the whole crew perished.Increase the hitpoints or these MinDamage, MaxDamage, ChanceFactor . Waiting for the mod :O:

Hinrich Schwab
02-24-12, 07:16 PM
Besides, I think it was rare for individual crew members to be injured. In sub warfare it was sort of all or nothing. Either everyone survived or the whole crew perished.

This is very true. In combat, it was either everyone lives or everyone goes on eternal patrol. In regards to individual crewmember casualties, in most instances, it was a member of the deck crew that became the casualty. Getting chewed up while on one of the guns or being washed overboard in foul weather would have been the biggest risks. Below decks, it would have been malnutrition, food poisoning (from spoiled food) or hygiene related issues that create casualties.

Rubini
02-24-12, 09:31 PM
A bit OT, but I also noticed that my crew on watch tower donīt makes nothing, donīt say nothing, act as a normal situation EVEN if the boat is being attacked at surface by a enemy ship. What a hell?:damn:

No messages like in SH3: "We may be detected, sir" or "We are being attacked , sir"

Any idea?

Dignan
02-24-12, 11:13 PM
Increase the hitpoints or these MinDamage, MaxDamage, ChanceFactor . Waiting for the mod :O:

I tried setting MinDamage, MaxDamage, ChanceFactor all to "0". Didn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?