PDA

View Full Version : "Sonar destroyed" at start of every game (GWX3)?

prowler3
01-28-12, 05:48 PM
Since I've gotten the S-Gerat sonar, every patrol (new or saved) starts with a message of "Sonar destroyed" after the command room loads. The sonar is listed as "Destroyed" in the Crew and Damage Control screen and it is unavailable (greyed out) on the sonar operators menu.

I do have the Type VIIC/41 availability set to January, 1942 (in the Basic.cfg) and this was no problem until the S-Gerat sonar was installed sometime after January 1942.

Here's my JSGME mods list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\MODS]
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
GWX - Alternative Flotillas
GWX - Contact Color
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX 3 St Naz and Schluese
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
SRM01 - Seabed Repair Mod
SRM02 - Option for GWX Enhanced Damage Effects
WB's Renown Replacement
WB's Mission Orders Lite v1.1
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
Bad Weather Fix V1.1 (FORTE)
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub

I have not found a solution so I'm hoping someone can offer something?

CherryHarbey
01-29-12, 02:15 PM
it could be because you are missing
GWX - late war sensors snorkel antennas

prowler3
01-29-12, 02:46 PM
I thought about that and added it after the original post but still have the "sonar destroyed" problem. Maybe it has to do with the order of MODS?

Here's the latest:

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Contact Color
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
WB's Renown Replacement
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub

I have tried reversing the Late War Sensors and VIIC41 Player Sub and that didn't help. Maybe the order needs a bigger "adjustement?

Gargamel
01-29-12, 03:35 PM
I frequently get that message too, even without sonar installed.

prowler3
01-29-12, 03:59 PM
I frequently get that message too, even without sonar installed.

Yes, but...does your sonar actually work? Many have reported a false message...mine is not...my sonar is truly destroyed.

Also, an update. I found an older post from Jim answering my questions, RE JSGME MOD order, and used his example to change my order.

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Contact Color
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX3.0 All_Weather_Guns
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
WB's Renown Replacement
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub

It did not help with the "sonar destroyed" problem, however :damn: . It definitely seems to be a problem with me making the type VIIC/41 available on 01/42 and some conflict with the S-Gerat sonar and the GWX type VIIC41 player sub mod. I'm going to delete the GWX type VIIC41 player sub and see what happens. If that doesn't solve it I'm going to remove my earlier availability for the /41 and call the entire thing a failed experiment. :down:

prowler3
01-29-12, 04:22 PM
:hmmm: Removing the "GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub" from my MODS in JSGME has solved the problem :-?. Why that is will need someone smarter than I to figure out and relate to us...but here's my theory (to be proven or disproven in 1943 when the Balkon Gerat sonar is available):

The GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub mod was designed to be used at the normal date of availability and, at that time, the S-Gerat sonar was no longer in use and replaced by the Balkon Gerat. SOoo...having an S-Gerat with the GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub mod causes a conflict.

This theory has a major glitch...what if a player decides not to upgrade to the Balkon Gerat sonar and uses the GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub mod? Will they get the sonar destroyed message? :har:

Although I've gotten rid of the sonar destroyed problem...I'd still like to hear from those GWX guru's on their thoughts.

Long Live the Modders!!! :yeah:

Wreford-Brown
02-02-12, 07:17 PM
Try availability dates in basic.cfg

VIIC/41 should become available Oct 1943.
S-Gerat becomes available Apr 1942 (NameIdx0=1273)

If you've changed your VIIC/41 availability date to Jan 42 but haven't changed the S-Gerat date as well then SH3 assumes it's been destroyed. The easy solution is to change S-Gerat date to Jan 42.

You may also need to change Sonar_00 under [SUBMARINE_AMMO4] to 1273. My install has Sonar_00=-1 meaning there shouldn't be a sonar on the boat unless you buy it before you sail.

It's been a while since I dug around basic.cfg, so I may be wrong...

prowler3
02-03-12, 10:28 PM
Thanks, WB. I think I'll just undo the early Uboat availability. I had a feeling it would not be "that simple" but wanted to try. There are so many "connections" in SH3 that, without knowing them all, I'm just causing issues for myself. It was worth a shot, if nothing more than a learning experience.