PDA

View Full Version : Oscar II Refit Mod for German and US Career

jhapprich
12-16-11, 10:42 PM
Hello! Since YamatoNF seems to have quite some trouble to make my Oscar career playable, ive decided to rebuild the mod for the german and US campaigns. the model has been overhauled, the full weapon layout is now available inbase as well as working extensibles. Ive added several features of my existing soviet mods to the Soviet aka German side. Besides, i`ve tested the mod as v1.5 STANDALONE, i do not know whether it will be compatible with any other mod enabled!enjoy!

LINK :

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21092483/Oscar_II_US_GE.zip

PS I just found an error in the hull smoothing and the .dat`s, so here is the fix.just copy into the mod`s folder and overwrite the existing files!

LINK:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21092522/OscarIISteeringFix.zip

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9686/92314705.jpghttp://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3721/22962046.jpghttp://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2538/33691049.jpg

USS Drum
12-16-11, 11:17 PM
Are you ever going to upload the Hegoland or Emden?

USS Drum
12-16-11, 11:19 PM
Well I had a problem:
The response from the server contained duplicate headers. This problem is generally the result of a misconfigured website or proxy. Only the website or proxy administrator can fix this issue.

EDIT: That's odd it works fine on internet explorer. Like most of your sub mods like CWSS it CTDs do I have to have any other mods like RSRDC or OM? Although your WW1 ships work.

Yamato_NF
12-17-11, 12:00 AM
Thanks JH, i had to do A BUNCH of Homework this week, couldnt get around to modding,

BTW, what program do you use for 3D Modelling?
I use CreoElements/PRO... ;)

P.S. sorry to all you watchers, i had alot come up over the past week, college,
family, etc.

kind reguards,
Yamato_NF

jhapprich
12-17-11, 07:04 AM
Are you ever going to upload the Hegoland or Emden?

I will UPLOAD those Mods when I DECIDE they are READY to be released,laddy.

I do not know what weird silent hunter version you are running, but my cwss works just fine on several systems. maybe you just fail to unzip the files properly. I would suggest to run it on a clean and new Silent Hunter installation.i never heard of anyone having trouble to DOWNLOAD the files, so i cannot help you at that point. Furthermore, CWSS is not at all finished. IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE TO ANY OTHER MOD! i said so many many many times.

to Yamato: i am using milkshape for the modelling and Windows Paint + Gimp for the textures.

Marka Ragnos
12-17-11, 01:13 PM
Thanks alot for the release, i was really looking forward to this!!! ;)

Marka Ragnos
12-17-11, 01:18 PM
I'm having a few bugs, when i start a career on the german/russian side i see no equipment and when i start the mission i have a ctd.

I have cwss installed + this mod
Nothing else

When i start an american career i have equipment and i have no ctd but the conning tower is missing.

jhapprich
12-17-11, 02:40 PM
this mod is a standalone, it is not compatible with cwss.

osteo
12-19-11, 10:40 PM
Excellent work .I've got to try this!:salute::salute::salute:

reflez
01-29-12, 11:17 PM
sorry to bump the thread, but im having trouble with the torpedos, sometimes they lock on, other times they come close and then suddenly go off course, same with the rockets,
any way to stop this?

ProGrin
02-02-12, 02:41 PM
Hello, I question whether this can eject a submarine under water and the radar antenna? If so, by what keys?

PS.
I am a young Pole, and I do not know English, I explained this using gogle translate, so please understanding.

Klaus
02-02-12, 04:20 PM
Hello, I question whether this can eject a submarine under water and the radar antenna? If so, by what keys?

PS.
I am a young Pole, and I do not know English, I explained this using gogle translate, so please understanding.
Shift+x for raising extendibles

Deepmoc
02-12-12, 11:21 PM
I have testet it. Well done..
The Shkval Torps are wunderful an the Rocket Booster Torp Missiles

But.. it is right to fire zhe Criuse Missiles afterwards ??
The Missile Tubes appearing as Stern Tubes

When i try to fire forward then it is impossible to create a Fire Solution
says the In Game Message.

jhapprich
02-13-12, 02:46 AM
i made the launchers as stern tubes so that normal torpedos cannot be loaded into the missile tubes.

jhapprich
02-13-12, 02:47 AM
but normally you can make them fire forewards.maybe your target isnt locked in properly

Deepmoc
02-13-12, 06:52 AM
I have fired it for Test in the blue

Thats the Reason

Thx

discfanatic
07-18-12, 10:19 PM
anyone else finding it's taking a long time to submerge .....like unnaturally long? did i screw something up when installing the steering fix?

Klaus
07-19-12, 01:15 AM
anyone else finding it's taking a long time to submerge .....like unnaturally long? did i screw something up when installing the steering fix?

Go to data/submarine/your ship/ open the sim file with S3d and increase ballast flood speed, but be careful to keep ratio

discfanatic
07-19-12, 10:57 AM
thanks any recommendations on what i should change it to?

bell117
07-27-12, 12:45 PM
i play the game with the mod (which is great by the way) and every thing is in German! what do i do?

zzkillzz2000
08-02-12, 01:09 AM
Can anyone please reupload the mod? The link's dead!

jhapprich
08-02-12, 01:45 AM
Hello! Since YamatoNF seems to have quite some trouble to make my Oscar career playable, ive decided to rebuild the mod for the german and US campaigns. the model has been overhauled, the full weapon layout is now available inbase as well as working extensibles. Ive added several features of my existing soviet mods to the Soviet aka German side. Besides, i`ve tested the mod as v1.5 STANDALONE, i do not know whether it will be compatible with any other mod enabled!enjoy!

LINK :

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21092483/Oscar_II_US_GE.zip

PS I just found an error in the hull smoothing and the .dat`s, so here is the fix.just copy into the mod`s folder and overwrite the existing files!

LINK:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21092522/OscarIISteeringFix.zip

they work just fine!

zzkillzz2000
08-02-12, 05:44 AM
Phew! Took me a while to figure out that i had to hide my ip to gain access to the page since they blocked my country ip! Usually I could download anything from there with no problems at all. Thanks for replying anyway! :)

Brewster
08-02-12, 03:02 PM
Awesome thank you.

Brewster
08-02-12, 03:23 PM
Ehm well one thing, My game became German instead of English.

Klaus
08-02-12, 04:25 PM
Guys, simply go to data>menu>, rename menu.cfg in menu_ge.cfg, and menu_us.cfg in menu.cfg and you'll have english :salute:

Brewster
08-02-12, 04:48 PM
Thank you very much sir !

Klaus
08-02-12, 11:50 PM
You're wellcome sir.
And that's works for almost all Jhapprich's ships

jhapprich
08-03-12, 01:48 AM
thanks for helping out here,Klaus. jap, you are right, i embadded a english menu file for english speaking users, but if i remember correctly, it is not entirely complete.worked on it a loooong tima ago.see you,lads!

Brewster
08-03-12, 12:39 PM
thanks for helping out here,Klaus. jap, you are right, i embadded a english menu file for english speaking users, but if i remember correctly, it is not entirely complete.worked on it a loooong tima ago.see you,lads!

I removed your menu file and now I have it in English, It does still make some things German though but as Dutchman I don't have a very hard time understanding it :) Danke shön.

bell117
08-27-12, 05:00 PM
Guys, simply go to data>menu>, rename menu.cfg in menu_ge.cfg, and menu_us.cfg in menu.cfg and you'll have english :salute:

i go to data>menu and cant find anything of the sort what do i do?

bell117
09-23-12, 09:51 AM
the torpedoes and cruise missiles go off course all the time like on a 90 degree angle and and over and over again i fired at ONE target and still it goes off course!? in the end i wasted my torpedoes and missiles and ended up using a nuke every time so what is wrong?

uboot556
08-15-13, 06:02 PM
Is there the possibility to donwload this mod (and the other similar mods like the "Projekt 670 SKAT/ Charlie I SSGN") on mediafire??? in general is not possible to donwload from this page ,mediafire is better (in my opinion)
By:salute:

bloopgun
08-15-13, 11:47 PM
the torpedoes and cruise missiles go off course all the time like on a 90 degree angle and and over and over again i fired at ONE target and still it goes off course!? in the end i wasted my torpedoes and missiles and ended up using a nuke every time so what is wrong?

I have this same issue, I think it has something to do with minimum range or something. I hit targets outside 3km, but somehow anything else the torpedo flys true, then right before it hits a ship it takes a sharp 90 degree turn. cruise missiles as well

Yamato_NF
09-04-13, 09:14 PM
I have this same issue, I think it has something to do with minimum range or something. I hit targets outside 3km, but somehow anything else the torpedo flys true, then right before it hits a ship it takes a sharp 90 degree turn. cruise missiles as well

the problem is the torps/cruise missile's speed.
the torps arent based on modern code, plus the 360 degree deviation,
the solution is to lower speed to around 150/125Knts.

pandemic4444
08-02-14, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by Klaus
Guys, simply go to data>menu>, rename menu.cfg in menu_ge.cfg, and menu_us.cfg in menu.cfg and you'll have english (i cant find that file thread in the mod cause its not detailed enough and doesnt make sense. help please?

qwasyx4153
06-03-15, 01:24 AM
Thanks jhapprich (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=245914)! :up: It works very fine.

Best regards
Leo