PDA

View Full Version : external view in historical / realistic settings?

Tozzifan
12-06-11, 10:23 AM
Hi, I'm totally new to SH4 (1.5)

I've downloaded all major supermods (TMO, RFB, GFO), and I'd like to play one of them at hardest level, save for availability of external views, because I like to take screenshots of the gameplay experience

I'm not an expert, so I'm asking where to look to reactivate, inside of hardest difficulty settings, that feature (I've searched, yet I've found no mention about reactivating free camera into the realistic level gameplay in supermods)

I've found that arrows keys allow to move outside ownship, but it's not enough to reach distant vessels and take shots of them and the action

thanks

Sailor Steve
12-06-11, 10:49 AM
F12 takes you to external views. All external views are disabled or enabled in the Gamplay Options screen when you're first starting a career.

Tozzifan
12-06-11, 03:44 PM
I know that, F11 or F12 are the keys for external camera, and I've enabled it on the gameplay menu as well, yet all the mods I've mentioned, when starting career on hard/realistic, seem to deactivate the external camera

CCIP
12-06-11, 04:13 PM
When you start the campaign, you can change the individual realism settings (including external camera) while you're in port. Just click on the filing cabinet that says 'options' on it and go change it. You can do that as soon as you start the career.

Sailor Steve
12-06-11, 04:40 PM
I know that, F11 or F12 are the keys for external camera, and I've enabled it on the gameplay menu as well, yet all the mods I've mentioned, when starting career on hard/realistic, seem to deactivate the external camera
Sorry I misunderstood. I have no idea what would cause that. I can't imagine any mods that would have that effect. Then again there are many things I can't imagine.

I did just imagine one thing though. Open up Data/Cfg/Commands and look at line [Cmd9]. To work properly it should look like this:

[Cmd9]
Name=User_free_camera
Ctxt=1,2,9,11
MnID=0x3F02000B
Key0=0x7A,,"F11"
Key1=0x7A,c,""
Key2=0x7A,s,""
;Key0=0x7B,,"F12"
;Key1=0x7B,c,""
;Key2=0x7B,s,""

TorpX
12-06-11, 07:55 PM

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. I've played RFB at 'realistic' settings, and used the external cams often. As SS said all you have to do is check/uncheck the appropriate box in the options and you're good to go. The only drawback is that you might lose a fraction of your renoun points. It is not that big a deal.

Sailor Steve
12-06-11, 09:07 PM
And you can edit the renown to always give you 100% anyway. I keep my SH3 renown at 99%, just in case I ever need that teleport function.

Tozzifan
12-08-11, 01:18 AM
Sorry I misunderstood. I have no idea what would cause that. I can't imagine any mods that would have that effect. Then again there are many things I can't imagine.

I did just imagine one thing though. Open up Data/Cfg/Commands and look at line [Cmd9]. To work properly it should look like this:

[Cmd9]
Name=User_free_camera
Ctxt=1,2,9,11
MnID=0x3F02000B
Key0=0x7A,,"F11"
Key1=0x7A,c,""
Key2=0x7A,s,""
;Key0=0x7B,,"F12"
;Key1=0x7B,c,""
;Key2=0x7B,s,""

I've activated, i.e., TMO and I've edited commands.cfg into TMO's MODS/.../data folder

then I launched WoP, started a career, yet free external camera won't appear .....

I've noticed that, although into main menu gameplay settings I activated the free external camera, when I returned to main menu after exiting the career mission, the checkbox "no event camera" is unchecked and the "no external view" is checked: something has changed my settings .... :o ... to the opposite than desidered

Jan Kyster
12-08-11, 04:55 AM
Your career settings must be chosen once you're in the "command" room, see on bookshelf on the left side of screen for a "Game Options".

Klaus
12-08-11, 04:59 AM
I've activated, i.e., TMO and I've edited commands.cfg into TMO's MODS/.../data folder

then I launched WoP, started a career, yet free external camera won't appear .....

I've noticed that, although into main menu gameplay settings I activated the free external camera, when I returned to main menu after exiting the career mission, the checkbox "no event camera" is unchecked and the "no external view" is checked: something has changed my settings .... :o ... to the opposite than desidered
edit GameplaySettings.cfg in triggermaruoverhaul 2.0>data>cfg

Tozzifan
12-08-11, 05:40 AM
Your career settings must be chosen once you're in the "command" room, see on bookshelf on the left side of screen for a "Game Options".

! :up:
that's what I missed: I went into the career thinking that the main menu realism settings would suffice

external camera is now on ..... thank you all

Sailor Steve
12-08-11, 10:45 AM
WOOHOO! :rock: