PDA

View Full Version : Any surface warfare changes recently?

FightingSteel1
09-02-11, 10:34 PM
Forgive me for the questions I have in this post (if they've been answered somewhere), as I only stop by here every once in awhile to check in.

I have a tremendous interest in surface naval warfare instead of submarine. There just aren't any great surface games anymore, so I keep hoping for something.

In reference to some of the new *and old* playable surface ships on here, has anyone figured out how to get the AI to not treat the ship like a sub? It ruins the whole surface concept when every DD just rushes you to try to "ram" your vessel.

Also, I had tried in the past to mess with values in the .ini files, but never could get enemy vessels to fire at your own ship at even a kind of realistic range, nor could they hit anything if they did. Anyone have any fine tuned settings where an enemy BB or CA will fire on your surface ship at a decent range, or actually score some hits on your vessel?

I realize this is a sub game, and isn't really ever going to turn into a battle simulation on the surface. There just isn't anything else, and Battlestations Midway/Pacific Storm/PT Boats KoTS just don't get it right at all.

Wakelessrex
09-30-11, 10:48 PM
i would also very much so like to know of the progress?

Gerald
09-30-11, 10:50 PM
:sunny: