PDA

View Full Version : Modding tools

Lucky07
08-31-11, 12:12 PM
Hi all , i really love this comunity !!

I have a little dude.... i was off for a year and i see a lot a great new mods , maybe im out of phase talking about modding tools .

I was using the S3D ( for 3d built 3d items , sounds... etc.. ) and silent hunter mision editor ( for campaing files )

Ex : with the new wilhemshaven ( a really great and hard job ) have some stuff that cant be manipulated with S3D , like the harbour kit and trains ... and some more stuff

Was released any other version of the editor ?? i was using the v09.9
thx to all :salute::salute:

Gerald
08-31-11, 12:15 PM
The version is still valid, :salute:

Jimbuna
08-31-11, 12:21 PM
Hi all , i really love this comunity !!

I have a little dude.... i was off for a year and i see a lot a great new mods , maybe im out of phase talking about modding tools .

I was using the S3D ( for 3d built 3d items , sounds... etc.. ) and silent hunter mision editor ( for campaing files )

Ex : with the new wilhemshaven ( a really great and hard job ) have some stuff that cant be manipulated with S3D , like the harbour kit and trains ... and some more stuff

Was released any other version of the editor ?? i was using the v09.9
thx to all :salute::salute:

Can't remember version numbers but there are two versions if yours is the original I can let you have the second version.

Lucky07
08-31-11, 12:27 PM
The version is still valid, :salute:
uhmm ..... i was really interested of this because for New wilhemshaven i cant get a clear view of how the author built the new port .... have files like habour kit ... sclueshe etc... that if i open it with the S3D , the program crash... i reinstall it but still happening the same so i thought that could be a new release , so if , no new release , maybe he use another type of program ... i will ask he :yeah::yeah:

I edit : the program says exactly in some files . Excepton not controlled in the aplication . Click continue to omit the error and try to continue . Or click exit and the application will be closed inmidiatly

First time happens this to me with this program ....

Gerald
08-31-11, 12:35 PM
uhmm ..... i was really interested of this because for New wilhemshaven i cant get a clear view of how the author built the new port .... have files like habour kit ... sclueshe etc... that if i open it with the S3D , the program crash... i reinstall it but still happening the same so i thought that could be a new release , so if , no new release , maybe he use another type of program ... i will ask he :yeah::yeah:

I edit : the program says exactly in some files . Excepton not controlled in the aplication . Click continue to omit the error and try to continue . Or click exit and the application will be closed inmidiatly

First time happens this to me with this program ....OK! I understand, :yep:

Lucky07
08-31-11, 12:41 PM
OK! I understand, :yep:
so ?? what i must do ??

Jimbuna
08-31-11, 12:43 PM
OK! I understand, :yep:

so ?? what i must do ??

He'll be along shortly...I'd certainly like to know as well :)

Gerald
08-31-11, 12:48 PM
@Lucky07! I do not know with certainty if S3D can handle this type of events, a different app,maybe which opens the door for you in this case, I have not modded a port before, so my experience is somewhat limited in this particular area .. but hang on there are those who know this...

Lucky07
08-31-11, 12:50 PM
I do not know with certainty if S3D can handle this type of events, a different app,maybe which opens the door for you in this case, I have not modded a port before, so my experience is somewhat limited in this particular area .. but hang on there are those who know this...

happens to me the same im looking if he is online but for now no ... i always built ships , guys , textures , and stuff like that ,....

Gerald
08-31-11, 12:55 PM
happens to me the same im looking if he is online but for now no ... i always built ships , guys , textures , and stuff like that ,.... As regards external construction, then it will go well with AutoCAD or Corel...

Lucky07
08-31-11, 12:57 PM
As regards external construction, then it will go well with AutoCAD or Corel...
yeah 3d programs but ... those one have to be buyed XDDD , and i cant find mine one ....
u dont know a good one free ?

Gerald
08-31-11, 01:06 PM
Some of these versions will, as you know, with 30-free trial, in many cases, then the app will not update anymore, and other supplements, are not available ... but there are other 3D programs on the market, let Google take care of it...or vacuum the market itself.

Anvart
08-31-11, 05:28 PM
Hi all ...
with the new wilhemshaven ... have some stuff that cant be manipulated with S3D , like the harbour kit and trains ... and some more stuff
Do you understand how harbour are builded?
In Library folder you can find Harbor_kit.dat (4_of_ap_N.dat, 5sol_rbun_N.dat, cuib_mitraliera.dat, fanfara.dat, fetele.dat, Garda.dat, mers02.dat, motocycle.dat, Sudor.dat, Vorbit_agitat.dat, Workers_Santier.dat and so on)... library for harbor creation.
In ..\data\Terrain\Locations folder you can find harbors... for ex. Bergen.dat. In this file you can see structure of this harbor... reference nodes (Type 11, subType 1), where you can see the position and the identifier of the object, located here...
S3D shows everything in the above files and shows properly.
And...
No one bothers you to simulate the structure of the harbor in S3D ... replacing the reference nodes by their real objects.

Lucky07
09-01-11, 07:06 AM
\data\Terrain\Locations

wilhemshaven dat .

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9137/nadaenwilhems.png

\data\Terrain\Locations
Stnazare dat .

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8009/errordes3d.png

Both trying to enter in model preview , that is what im trying to say i cant see nothing in wlhemshaven and in st nazare makes error , i know how to use s3d , but i remember that is the first time i built a port , so this part of the prgram is new for me :salute::salute:

When u built a ship i can see all the parts , and see the whole angles of view over here i only can see yellow dots no ports

thfeu58
09-01-11, 07:22 AM
\data\Terrain\Locations

wilhemshaven dat .

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9137/nadaenwilhems.png

\data\Terrain\Locations
Stnazare dat .

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8009/errordes3d.png

Both trying to enter in model preview , that is what im trying to say i cant see nothing in wlhemshaven and in st nazare makes error , i know how to use s3d , but i remember that is the first time i built a port , so this part of the prgram is new for me :salute::salute:

When u built a ship i can see all the parts , and see the whole angles of view over here i only can see yellow dots no ports

Hi Lucky07,

what you see in the files of Wilhelmshaven and St.Nazaire are chunks.
The original Wilhelmshaven model has 115 MB - the chunk file 504 KB.

Greetings
thfeu58

Lucky07
09-01-11, 07:33 AM
i will download it again

from here no ??
http://s3d.skwas.com/faq.aspx