PDA

View Full Version : help from modders please

fromhell
08-21-11, 08:45 PM
i want to make a simple change to the torpedo loadout to mirror that of a IX boat, and i would like to extend the range of the boat to that of an IXboat.
where would i look, ie which files would have to look in.
i am not a modder, but i am fed up with running out of fuel and torps.
please anyone?
many thanks in anticipation.:salute:

TheDarkWraith
08-21-11, 08:48 PM
Fire up Goblin editor
Load the sub's .GR2 file
Merge in the sub's .sim file
have a ball :up:

fromhell
08-21-11, 09:52 PM
Fire up Goblin editor
Load the sub's .GR2 file
Merge in the sub's .sim file
have a ball :up:

many thanks your a gentleman:salute:

fromhell
08-21-11, 10:07 PM
yes, well, as i said im not a modder, did what you said and guess what, i suddenly realised, i havent got a clue what im doing.!!!:wah::wah::wah:

mia389
08-21-11, 10:47 PM
yes, well, as i said im not a modder, did what you said and guess what, i suddenly realised, i havent got a clue what im doing.!!!:wah::wah::wah:

This thread helped me a lot.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=165805

fromhell
08-22-11, 12:37 AM
which file do i look in to adjust the torp loadout screen to except my additional torp loadouts.
the one i mean is when your in the god awfull bunker, and you speak to the idiot about adjustments to your boat and the torpedo loadout.
many thanks.:salute:

JRT
08-22-11, 04:39 AM
Looking at Lorka42's Type 7 ("Crack Boat")...I found this...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/torps1.jpg

The storage area has a bunch of lines like I outlined. Not sure if this is where it is done or not?

JRT

JRT
08-22-11, 07:50 AM
I also PM'd Lorka42...Hopefully he will see this thread and let us pick his brain:haha:

Jrt

fromhell
08-22-11, 08:22 AM
many thanks JRT, i have been trying for ages to get that look with the goblin editor with no luck. ill have a look at what you have pointed out.
many thanks:salute:

fromhell
08-23-11, 12:04 AM
changed all the values in goblin editor, including torp numbers and milage amounts, but couldnt load the extra spaces because the torp loadout screen in the bunker is not big enough to handle the extra spaces.
what i need is some very nice and kind modder to have ago at extending the torp screen which is in dds format. i can open the file but dont understand how to manipulate it.
many thanks:salute:

JRT
08-23-11, 05:33 AM
Hmmm...Not sure?
I do know that looking at some other sub files, that there are " .val " and " .zon " along with .GR2 and the SIM file?
I'm guessing you are talking about the torp load screen in port and the one when you are sea?
I still haven't had a chance to really go at it with Goblin.
.DDS are easy to fix with PhotoShop, but when I went thru the textures I didn't see the one with the sub and torp positions? What was the name?
But I think...:damn: it is done with one of the above files?

BTW...Name is Jeff....

fromhell
08-23-11, 10:49 PM
Hmmm...Not sure?
I do know that looking at some other sub files, that there are " .val " and " .zon " along with .GR2 and the SIM file?
I'm guessing you are talking about the torp load screen in port and the one when you are sea?
BTW...Name is Jeff....

i understand now, i think, the zon and val files, but cant remember where i found the sub career file with the torp loadout, ( ive messed up sh5, ill have to reinnstall).
if youve got photoshop you stand a better chance at editoring the dds file than me:oops:
i think we need someone like TDW to do this for us.:D
the name is Peter.:arrgh!: