PDA

View Full Version : (req) tech depthcharges"playable"

TBear
08-08-11, 10:31 AM
Im one of those who enjoy surface ships now and again. Those i couldnt download i kinda worked on my self (not giving them up for download yet)

But i wondered about something that goes byond my knoledge of the game structure. I have seen new animations with guns comming up from the deck. I have seen cruise misiles etc.

Is there a way to get depthcharges to work on a playable ship??

I know there is alot of limitations, but i kinda thought on it this way..

You use the torpedo interface, but the launchers are modeld over the depthcharge rack. all tubes are stearn tubes fire one of fire a salvo...

then just set a fixed ammount of reserves..

so if you have the torpedo control open while at sonar station you could kinda simulate depthcharge attack....

Well would this be of any use?? depends....now this gets complicatet....

using AA guns (epsecialy japanese) well yes i do sail only jap subs lol..(keltos1 rox)..there is some detonation by the rounds when they get within certain range of the aircraft.....if this function could be added to the "depthcharges" you would have something close to a depthsetting....

This is just mind spin from me.....i know about ships and work on them....but this is just something i hope the better modders could answer me about.....

thanks in advance..

Ltbear

TBear
08-08-11, 03:14 PM
well just found a small note from sledgehammer in the post about the surface supermod.......kinda say they have it in there....sorry...lol....

LTbear