PDA

View Full Version : changing scopes in TMO 2.1, help please.

Bubblehead1980
07-28-11, 03:14 PM
I want to remove the green recticles from the TMO night scope in TMO 2.1 Also would like to make the scopes the same for early war subs and S class.Most US subs didnt have a night scope until later.Anyone know how to do this?? Thanksd in advance.

max-peck
07-28-11, 04:38 PM
The dds file for the obscope is in Data/Menu/Skins/American/Gui/Layout

The file is called OBSPeriscope_Mask_1024.dds

I guess if you want one that's not green, you could replace it with the attack scope dds file (found in the same folder).

Or maybe use the obscope dds file from another mod?

Bubblehead1980
07-28-11, 10:56 PM

I guess if you want one that's not green, you could replace it with the attack scope dds file (found in the same folder).

Thanks, ill give it a shot.

virtualpender
07-28-11, 11:03 PM
I have nothing to add to this thread but I just had to let Max Peck know that it the best forum name reference ever.

:salute:

max-peck
07-29-11, 05:32 AM
I have nothing to add to this thread but I just had to let Max Peck know that it the best forum name reference ever.

:salute:

I'm glad somebody got the reference :DL

Bubblehead1980
07-29-11, 03:05 PM

I assume just delete the current OBSPeriscope_Mask_1024.dds? copy the attack the scope and replace the obscope with it? wont hurt having two of the same?

What would actually like is the old TMO obs scope without the green crosshairs.Green crosshairs is just too gamey for me but the obs scope did provide better views at night which is fine. Or get Arclight to whip up a color filter that will work with the new obs scope aka second attack scope view.