PDA

View Full Version : [REL] Campaign Radio Messages (OH II)

Trevally.
07-10-11, 10:14 AM
Campaign Radio Messages for Open Horizons II v4

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9683/radio4u.jpg

This small mod pack will add new radio messages to your game.
This feature uses and will work with TDWs UI mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093) or his radio download here- (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=185645) for those who do not use his UI, Thanks TDW:up:

The messages are related to the events from the new campaign mod "Open Horizons II (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=182964)" and the Light version.

Messages will always get through to you and you will know it is a campaign message as it will be highlighted in red.
These messages are real and based on what is happening in your game.

Install with JSGME

DOWNLOAD (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3315)

stoianm
07-10-11, 11:00 AM
tnx... good job..time to play again:DL

Trevally.
07-10-11, 11:06 AM
:DLGood to see you again Stoianm

Yes, time to start playing again. The new campaign is looking great:woot:

We may need some help from you with a vid on how to get past Gibraltar or sneak into Scapa:O:

stoianm
07-10-11, 12:00 PM
:DLGood to see you again Stoianm

Yes, time to start playing again. The new campaign is looking great:woot:

We may need some help from you with a vid on how to get past Gibraltar or sneak into Scapa:O:
:DL:salute:

Stormfly
07-10-11, 05:28 PM
this Campaign Radio messages are so important, Thank You !!! :rock:

...did TDW say he would spend code enabeling this also for other UI`s ?

Trevally.
07-10-11, 05:36 PM
this Campaign Radio messages are so important, Thank You !!! :rock:

...did TDW say he would spend code enabeling this also for other UI`s ?

Thanks - I will add more when I have time:up:

I think TDW plans to do that sometime.

tonschk
07-10-11, 05:58 PM
:DL Thank you Trevally :DL, I hope I can add this Mod to my Mod soup :salute:

I will try to enable the SH5 Enhanced UI first, at the moment I still have the stock UI

TheDarkWraith
07-13-11, 06:54 PM
I'm just about finished with the code and files required so others can add this to their mods and users can use this feature using stock game. You will only get campaign radio messages and not the other radio messages. The messages also will not be saved with your campaign.

Trevally.
07-14-11, 11:36 AM
I'm just about finished with the code and files required so others can add this to their mods and users can use this feature using stock game. You will only get campaign radio messages and not the other radio messages. The messages also will not be saved with your campaign.

Thats great TDW:yeah:

Sepp von Ch.
07-14-11, 01:16 PM
I'm just about finished with the code and files required so others can add this to their mods and users can use this feature using stock game.

Canīt wait! Thank you so much TDW!:salute:

TheDarkWraith
07-16-11, 12:56 AM
This is what the campaign radio messages will look like for those not using my UIs mod or MO (sound will be heard also of radioman saying new radio message received):
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=446&pictureid=4576

This is campaign radio messages only (regular radio messages will not work).

Those using my UIs mod or MO will receive the campaign radio messages (and regular radio messages) via the Radio messages box.

I should be releasing this tomorrow. The release will include all necessary files for this to work on stock game. Those who would like to incorporate into their mods may do so. You will have to add everything from the mod and edit your Page layout.py file to include all changes I made.

This is to be used with Trevally's campaign radio messages at post #1 of this thread for those not using my UIs mod or MO so they can receive the campaign radio messages.

Trevally.
07-16-11, 04:16 AM
:woot:
Thats great TDW.

I will now start to go through the campaign again and start adding more messages:up:

Zedi
07-16-11, 07:51 AM
TDW, can the players get a popup radio message even if they use your mod? Lemme explain why. There are few very important messages during the campaign, one of them is when Op. Weserubung start. Is when Bdu call in ALL uboats to cease all operations and head to the norvegian waters. Its a very important event and the player need to feel the importance of the message.

Its not just the regular "ship spotted/sunk" message, but a vital one when very important event is taking place and the time frame is very short. I need to be sure that the player will get the message and he will follow orders, there is only 9 days to be in the right place to write history.

TheDarkWraith
07-16-11, 07:55 AM
TDW, can the players get a popup radio message even if they use your mod? Lemme explain why. There are few very important messages during the campaign, one of them is when Op. Weserubung start. Is when Bdu call in ALL uboats to cease all operations and head to the norvegian waters. Its a very important event and the player need to feel the importance of the message.

Its not just the regular "ship spotted/sunk" message, but a vital one when very important event is taking place and the time frame is very short. I need to be sure that the player will get the message and he will follow orders, there is only 9 days to be in the right place to write history.

They will not get ship spotted/sunk or any messages of the likes of them with this (it's a very reduced capability radio message system). They will only get campaign radio messages. Whatever Trevally puts in the campaign radio message files is what they will receive. If what you are talking about is in a campaign radio message file then the player will receive it.

Stormfly
07-16-11, 08:14 AM
They will not get ship spotted/sunk or any messages of the likes of them with this (it's a very reduced capability radio message system). They will only get campaign radio messages. Whatever Trevally puts in the campaign radio message files is what they will receive. If what you are talking about is in a campaign radio message file then the player will receive it.

i hate popups !!! it steal immersion, you have sound for that and are able to check the radio log then, but important from my view would a forced TC to 1 for campaign messages, together with a working sound after you got forced out of TC then. i noticed if you set TC to 1 option for radio messages (NewUI`s 6.4.0), the sound isnt playing if you was in TC before the radio event occour.

TheDarkWraith
07-16-11, 10:42 AM
i noticed if you set TC to 1 option for radio messages (NewUI`s 6.4.0), the sound isnt playing if you was in TC before the radio event occour.

in regards to my UIs mod: If you don't have TC on 1 when new radio message received enabled then you will not get sound. I have fixed bug of sound sometimes not playing when that option is enabled in v6.7.0.

For those not using my UIs mod or MO then TC will be set to 1 and sound will be played when a campaign radio message is received (and my campaign radio message engine mod is enabled. You can find that here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1706206&postcount=1)

Stormfly
07-16-11, 11:14 AM
in regards to my UIs mod: If you don't have TC on 1 when new radio message received enabled then you will not get sound. I have fixed bug of sound sometimes not playing when that option is enabled in v6.7.0.

For those not using my UIs mod or MO then TC will be set to 1 and sound will be played when a campaign radio message is received (and my campaign radio message engine mod is enabled. You can find that here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1706206&postcount=1)

let me ask if i understood that correctly, does that mean that:

if setting TC1 option for radiomessages enabled in v6.7.0, and if running using TC (maybe x256) and a radio event is triggered...

then TC drops to 1 and a incomming radio message sound is played ?

...if so, we urgent need a option that dropping to TC1 is only effective if a campaign radio messages is arriving.

TheDarkWraith
07-16-11, 11:17 AM
let me ask if i understood that correctly, does that mean that:

if setting TC1 option for radiomessages enabled in v6.7.0, and if running using TC (maybe x256) and a radio event is triggered...

then TC drops to 1 and a incomming radio message sound is played ?

correct. You enable that option in the options file or the options screen for the radio messages. Sometimes you may not hear the sound because of a little bug in versions prior to v6.7.0. The option of TC 1 on new radio message has been available since I added the radio messages to the mod.

Stormfly
07-16-11, 11:24 AM
correct. You enable that option in the options file or the options screen for the radio messages. Sometimes you may not hear the sound because of a little bug in versions prior to v6.7.0. The option of TC 1 on new radio message has been available since I added the radio messages to the mod.

...using 6.4.0 i used that option for testing but never got a sound if i was running using TC, thanks good that this is fixed now :up:

...can we have a extra sound trigger to seperate the normal BDU incomming radio sounds from that ultra important campaign radio messages and declare them as "commanders messages"... you allready got such a sound sample from me, i just want to make shure this isnt played with the normal BDU messages :hmmm:

TheDarkWraith
07-16-11, 11:27 AM
...using 6.4.0 i used that option for testing but never got a sound if i was running using TC, thanks good that this is fixed now :up:

...can we have a extra sound trigger to seperate the normal BDU incomming radio sounds from that ultra important campaign radio messages and declare them as "commanders messages"... you allready got such a sound sample from me, i just want to make shure this isnt played with the normal BDU messages :hmmm:

Can you move this discussion to my UIs thread? It doesn't really pertain to Trevally's mod.

Stormfly
07-16-11, 11:30 AM
Can you move this discussion to my UIs thread? It doesn't really pertain to Trevally's mod.

shure mate, but i cant move the posts.. should i copy my posts over ?

Trevally.
07-16-11, 02:45 PM
See post 1 for update to v2

V2 has extra messages added and fixed some errors:up:

Trevally.
07-16-11, 02:47 PM
Note; you can update the radio mod anytime.
No need for a career re-start:up:

Stormfly
07-18-11, 06:22 AM
See post 1 for update to v2

V2 has extra messages added and fixed some errors:up:

is someone working on the german translation for the campaign messages, this is very important for me :06:

Magic1111
07-18-11, 09:16 AM
is someone working on the german translation for the campaign messages, this is very important for me :06:

Yes, see last post on first page:
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1151033738/m/2621083039/p/1

Best regards,
Magic

P.S: Can you answer me my question please? Look: http://174.123.69.202/~subsimc/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1707210&postcount=26 Many thanks !

Sepp von Ch.
07-19-11, 05:29 PM
Can I now also use this Trevally***347; mod with your Radio Messages Engine and Open Horizons II, when I use reaper7īs UI?

TheDarkWraith
07-19-11, 05:35 PM
Can I now also use this Trevally***347; mod with your Radio Messages Engine and Open Horizons II, when I use reaper7īs UI?

Yes you can :up:

Trevally.
07-23-11, 09:55 AM
Update to v3
See post 1

Added campaign objective messages:up:

Magic1111
07-23-11, 12:41 PM
Update to v3
See post 1

Added campaign objective messages:up:

Thanks Trevally ! :yeah:

kapitan_zur_see
07-23-11, 04:30 PM
Nice mod :up:

ataribaby
07-26-11, 01:06 PM
It will be possible to modify radio script so you can recieve radio messages only when surfaced and not when you are submerged? I htink it iwll be more realistic.

Trevally.
07-26-11, 03:26 PM
It will be possible to modify radio script so you can recieve radio messages only when surfaced and not when you are submerged? I htink it iwll be more realistic.

If you are using TDWs UI and have the default "radio depth" @ 30m,
then that is the depth you will still get messages from.

You can change this here:-
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py:up :

TheDarkWraith
07-26-11, 04:31 PM

those using the radio message engine (not my UIs mod) can alter the .cfg file to choose which depth they don't receive radio messages anymore

ataribaby
07-27-11, 09:28 AM
Great its configurable. Didnt know it. Thanks.

DoveEgg
08-26-11, 10:42 AM
Trevally,

I've compiled all the OH II and Light Campaign Radio Messages v3 into a single Notepad file, and I've gone through it and corrected many spelling errors. Is this something that you could use? If this is helpful, I can email you the file.

The edits consisted of the following:
45 occurrences of involed rather than involved
1 occurrence of westren rather than Western
2 occurrences of Wertern rather than Western
4 occurrences of northen rather than Northern
1 occurrence of lorient rather than Lorient
1 occurrence of NARVIK rather than Narvik
1 occurrence of Supplie rather than Supplies
4 occurrences of Northernconvoys rather than Northern Convoys
2 occurrences of Linner Queen Mary rather than Liner Queen Mary
1 occurrence of invation rather than invasion
1 occurrence of Hms Hood rather than HMS Hood
1 occurrence of has rather than have
9 occurrences of two spaces rather than one space

Trevally.
08-26-11, 11:27 AM
Trevally,

I've compiled all the OH II and Light Campaign Radio Messages v3 into a single Notepad file, and I've gone through it and corrected many spelling errors. Is this something that you could use? If this is helpful, I can email you the file.

The edits consisted of the following:
45 occurrences of involed rather than involved
1 occurrence of westren rather than Western
2 occurrences of Wertern rather than Western
4 occurrences of northen rather than Northern
1 occurrence of lorient rather than Lorient
1 occurrence of NARVIK rather than Narvik
1 occurrence of Supplie rather than Supplies
4 occurrences of Northernconvoys rather than Northern Convoys
2 occurrences of Linner Queen Mary rather than Liner Queen Mary
1 occurrence of invation rather than invasion
1 occurrence of Hms Hood rather than HMS Hood
1 occurrence of has rather than have
9 occurrences of two spaces rather than one space

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
Oh dear - my spelling was never the best.
45 x involed - who invented copy and paste:arrgh!:

Thanks DoveEgg - I will pm you my email:DL

mia389
08-26-11, 12:27 PM
Haha, I didn't even notice them. When it comes to gaming, grammar goes out the window for me.

BogdaNz
08-26-11, 12:48 PM
this mod doesn't work.i dont receive no message

DoveEgg
08-26-11, 12:49 PM
Editing text files is about the upper limit of my modding skills at the moment. I'm reading a lot of posts, and examining other peoples mods, and trying to build up my usefulness around here.

Trevally.
08-26-11, 12:52 PM
this mod doesn't work.i dont receive no message

From post 1:up:
This feature uses and will work with TDWs UI mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093) or his radio download here- (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=185645) for those who do not use his UI, Thanks TDW:up:

I'm reading a lot of posts, and examining other peoples mods, and trying to build up my usefulness around here.
:yeah:

sidslotm
08-29-11, 03:02 PM
thanks for this mod. :yeah:

Trevally.
10-03-11, 06:55 AM
Updated to v4 - see post 1:sunny:

Sartoris
10-03-11, 12:04 PM
Thank you! :salute:

Magic1111
10-04-11, 06:35 AM
Updated to v4 - see post 1:sunny:

Many thx for update Trevally! :yeah:

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

vlad29
10-04-11, 03:08 PM
Many thx for update Trevally! :yeah:

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

+another 1000 thx, Trevally!:up::salute:

ETsd4
10-06-11, 05:36 AM
Appreciate this mod. I believe, the more radio-messages the better.

Lt_Werner
10-06-11, 06:55 AM
In which order do you load this mod? Sometimes I do get a CTD but that could be with something else related. I post my mod order.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[F:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
Accurate German Flags
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
Reboot's Water Drips 1.1
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt faces
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
Environment 5.0 MOD
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.4
OH II Campaign Radio Messages v4
Critical hits v 1.2
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5

DoveEgg
10-06-11, 07:19 AM
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith
OH II Campaign Radio Messages v4
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.4

Definitely put the IRAI mods before the NewUI. And my personal preference is to put the radio messages directly after the NewUI mod. I'd also recommend putting the critical hits mods next to each other, towards the top of your list. That keeps things looking orderly :yeah:

lesec74
10-14-11, 10:19 AM
hello,

Iuse tdw's 6.8.0 and OH 1.4 Full and I haven't the name of the ships which are sinking in my message box (tdw's).why?

TheDarkWraith
10-14-11, 12:49 PM
hello,

Iuse tdw's 6.8.0 and OH 1.4 Full and I haven't the name of the ships which are sinking in my message box (tdw's).why?

See if this file exists: \Silent Hunter 5\data\RadioMessages\WWIIShipNames.txt

If it does open it up. You should see a lot of ship names.

lesec74
10-14-11, 01:49 PM
See if this file exists: \Silent Hunter 5\data\RadioMessages\WWIIShipNames.txt

If it does open it up. You should see a lot of ship names.

hello TDW,

yes, I've this file.and after?
many thanks:salute: for your help

TheDarkWraith
10-14-11, 07:51 PM
hello TDW,

yes, I've this file.and after?
many thanks:salute: for your help

Post a screenshot of the problem so I can see exactly what's missing. Let's move this discussion to my UIs mod thread as this falls under my UIs mod and not Trevally's campaign radio messages :up:

THE_MASK
10-15-11, 06:01 PM
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4666/messagesa.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/messagesa.jpg/)

Raven_2012
02-14-12, 08:44 AM
I don't need this right if I am using OHII Full 1.6 or higher?

Trevally.
02-14-12, 08:58 AM
Yes - this is not needed and has been removed from the download section:up:

pedrobas
02-14-12, 09:07 AM
Yes - this is not needed and has been removed from the download section:up:
Trevally, do you mean that we donīt need "OH II Campaign Radio Messages v4" any more with v1.7 ??

Trevally.
02-14-12, 09:13 AM
Trevally, do you mean that we donīt need "OH II Campaign Radio Messages v4" any more with v1.7 ??

No - It was added to v1.6
If using 1.6 and you have radio messages installed too - no problem
If using 1.7 and overwrite with old message mod - then you will not get important messages that was added with 1.7
So its best not to use it:up:

pedrobas
02-14-12, 09:41 AM
No - It was added to v1.6
If using 1.6 and you have radio messages installed too - no problem
If using 1.7 and overwrite with old message mod - then you will not get important messages that was added with 1.7
So its best not to use it:up:
Copy that , iīm going to change it in MMM first post then.
:salute:

ldu30
02-14-12, 01:18 PM
And for those who use the uiboat mod reaper7 + ohII?

TheDarkWraith
02-14-12, 01:27 PM
And for those who use the uiboat mod reaper7 + ohII?

I made a stand-alone stripped down version of the radio messages engine so that others could incorporate into their mods. You need to ask Reaper7 to add it to his :yep:

ldu30
02-14-12, 01:42 PM
I made a stand-alone stripped down version of the radio messages engine so that others could incorporate into their mods. You need to ask Reaper7 to add it to his :yep:

Yes, for version uiboat 1.14 + OHII 1.6 works fine, but will work with the new version OHII 1.7?

A hug

TheDarkWraith
02-14-12, 02:07 PM
Yes, for version uiboat 1.14 + OHII 1.6 works fine, but will work with the new version 1.7 OHII?

A hug

OHII does not modify the engine. It simply adds new files to the RadioMessages folder so you get more radio messages.

The radio messages engine is compatible with anything as it doesn't rely on anything (it's self-contained).

lesec74
03-10-12, 12:19 PM
http://http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/1728/tdwradio.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/tdwradio.jpg/)

perhaps a noobe question but is it possible to have this sheet for message in tdw 6.9.0 and OH 1.7 ?Only change the sheet?

Another question:Is it possible to change the style of police to write?

sorrt for my englisH:03:

Captain73
03-11-12, 05:18 AM
Hallo everybody! Prompt me why does not radiosoobscheniya come???
Order of setting of mods:
1)Ui-Boat 4.14
2)OH II v1.7
3)Radio_Messages_1_2_0_UI_Boat_v4_14
4)OH II end Light Campaign Radio Messages v3

Trevally.
03-11-12, 05:45 AM
Hallo everybody! Prompt me why does not radiosoobscheniya come???
Order of setting of mods:
1)Ui-Boat 4.14
2)OH II v1.7
3)Radio_Messages_1_2_0_UI_Boat_v4_14
4)OH II end Light Campaign Radio Messages v3<<<<not needed - remove

Hi Ralf and welcome to subsim:salute:

The above mod is now within OHII and is no longer required:up:

Captain_AJ
03-11-12, 04:08 PM
if I was a modder I would try to incorporate the enigma machine into exisiting mod with codded bdu messages

See this .. http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/enigmasim.htm

anyone would be interested in working on this project ?

gap
03-11-12, 04:55 PM
if I was a modder I would try to incorporate the enigma machine into exisiting mod with codded bdu messages

See this .. http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/enigmasim.htm

anyone would be interested in working on this project ?

Back in the days MiTon was trying to work on it, but I think he abandoned the project. See this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=183173&highlight=enigma&page=2

by the way, this is a link to a freeware enigma simulator, with a lot of tech reference:

http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/enigmasim.htm

Captain73
03-14-12, 08:44 AM
Hi Ralf and welcome to subsim:salute:

The above mod is now within OHII and is no longer required:up:

Deleted! But however does not see radiosoobscheniy! Sorry to my English!

Captain73
03-23-12, 05:16 PM
What mode should be used with CSP Magui Interface V 2.0 Beta to receive the message???

Trevally.
03-23-12, 05:25 PM
What mode should be used with CSP Magui Interface V 2.0 Beta to receive the message???

TDW's radio mod should work http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=185645 :up:

Interpol
10-14-12, 09:25 PM
Nvm, read back on page 3.

ReallyDedPoet
10-14-12, 09:28 PM
See post # 65. It is now included in the OH II Mod.

GT182
10-15-12, 10:23 AM
I know it would be a PITB, but when you get a radio mssg is there a way to get TC to drop to 1, like it does in SH3? I've been missing a bunch of messages lately on convoy and task force locations.

Edit:

I've found my answer. It can be done in the Radio Messages Cfg file.
I'm my own PITB. LOL

quad5
07-18-14, 05:51 PM
Help please! Where are get this mod? Need for OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5.:ping:

Katze
07-18-14, 07:11 PM
Help please! Where are get this mod? Need for OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5.:ping:

Grab it from here!

Open Horizons forum thread: (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=189818)

DOWNLOAD HERE
Open Horizons II v2.5 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3337):up: