PDA

View Full Version : Operation Ten-Go

Karle94
06-09-11, 03:58 PM
I am making a mission for the playable Yamato mod. As the name of the thread says it`s about the Operation Ten-Go. The sortie that got the Yamato sunk by 350 American planes.

I have the Japanese task force as one group, the American planes as one group and one American task force that was gathered in case the airstrike failed.
The task force is built up by three South Dakota, three Iowa, two Alaska, three Baltimore, four Cleveland and 7-8 destroyers. My problem is that none of the ai units for either side are showing up when starting the mission.

Brewster
06-09-11, 04:29 PM
Did you make it with the mission editor ?

Karle94
06-09-11, 04:34 PM
Did you make it with the mission editor ?

Yes.

Brewster
06-09-11, 04:57 PM
hmm did you did the plotting right ? or the enemy taskforce to fast so the disappear at the end of the waypoint ?

Karle94
06-09-11, 05:03 PM
hmm did you did the plotting right ? or the enemy taskforce to fast so the disappear at the end of the waypoint ?

They never reach the end of the waypoint cause they ain`t there.

andy_311
06-09-11, 05:23 PM
I tried this myself but not with a playable BB on Forts trying to recreate the mission with TF58,TF56 and all the battle groups that there there. The aircraft did intercept the Yamato to a point but i couldn't get them to sink her. (maybe i got too ambitious and tried to put the landing force in Okininawa as well) the planes showed up in time and attacked but most of them flew into each other, I have not tried to recreate the misson since.

Brewster
06-09-11, 05:57 PM
They never reach the end of the waypoint cause they ain`t there.

Try slowing the TF speed and make the waypoint longer. and then test if they appear.

jhapprich
06-09-11, 11:23 PM
your mission parameters must be wrong. check the unit- and group properties of the battlegroup for their date and time of entry.then, see if they match the time set in the missionparameters

Captain_Rockwell_Torry
06-10-11, 05:10 PM
Karle94, if you don't mind my asking. Where did you get an Alaska?

Captain Rockwell Torry:hmmm:

Karle94
06-10-11, 05:50 PM
Karle94, if you don't mind my asking. Where did you get an Alaska?

Captain Rockwell Torry:hmmm:

I made it myself.

Brewster
06-10-11, 05:58 PM
I made it myself.

you're really a mod god..