PDA

View Full Version : Newbie trouble with NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_ByTheDarkWraith

miket
06-05-11, 08:49 AM
Hi, im new to adding mods to SH5 and first, like everyone i am frustrated by Ubisofts inability to develop key issues with the game. and so i am forced to look for mods for the game for issues that should have been standard in the game.:damn:. :damn:.. So enough of the moaning and on with my problem i am having with seeing the three dials for speed/heading/depth in the mod "NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_ByTheDarkWraith".
Everything else is working fine with this mod and I have so far not installed any other mods so i am at a loss as to know why only the three familiar dials for speed/heading/depth are missing. :cry: So if I tell you what I have done I am hoping that someone has come across the same problem or can tell me what I am doing wrong.

I am patched to 1.2.

I have Generic Mod Enabler V2.6.0157 installed.

I selected the dial.dds file (american) and copied it to NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_ByTheDarkWraith/data\Menu\Gui
I then copied the whole mod file into the MODS folder in sh5 path.

it is visable in the Generic Mod Enabler so I activated the mod

I cannot see anything in the configurable settings in NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_TheDarkWraith\data\Scripts\Menu\T heDarkWraithUserOptions.py file that has anything to do with the
three missing dials having a hotkey or a setting to make them visable.

I have tried different dial.dds files in the mod but nothing shows up.

I have reinstalled the whole game and the 1.2 patch.

I have reinstalled the whole mod but no joy

I have tried different mods that have the three dials and they show up in the game but I like the overall mod by
thedarkwrath so i am frustrated that everything shows up and works in the mod except the three dials for speed/course/depth.

So please any help would be appreciated

Thanks

miket

Trevally.
06-05-11, 09:07 AM
Welcome aboard miket:salute:

try this-

Goto the options.py where you were looking.
Find this part (very near the top of the page)

##################################### UI Stuff (SH3/4/5 modes) ##################################
#+++++++++++++ UI Style ++++++++++++++
# Possible UI Styles:
SH5Enhanced = 0
SH3Style = 1
SH4Style = 2
# the current UI Style
# set below to either SH3Style, SH4Style, or SH5Enhanced
UIStyle = SH5Enhanced

and change to this:-

UIStyle = SH3Style

:up:

miket
06-10-11, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Trevally.;1677745]Welcome aboard miket:salute:

try this-

Goto the options.py where you were looking.
Find this part (very near the top of the page)

##################################### UI Stuff (SH3/4/5 modes) ##################################
#+++++++++++++ UI Style ++++++++++++++
# Possible UI Styles:
SH5Enhanced = 0
SH3Style = 1
SH4Style = 2
# the current UI Style
# set below to either SH3Style, SH4Style, or SH5Enhanced
UIStyle = SH5Enhanced

and change to this:-

UIStyle = SH3Style

:dead: Thanks for the quick reply Trevally but it has not helped, I have also
tried SH4Style and this has not helped, :damn: makes me want to go back to SH4.

Cheers anyway

Zedi
06-10-11, 11:58 AM
Old habits die hard. Try to look at SH5 in a completely different manner and forget about filling your UI with dials and all kinda useless gadgets. You have everything you need on the walls, all you need is just to look around. Weird as it sounds, Im using TDW UI just because it has the option to hide the UI. I hate clicking, so for the rest of the commands Im using or the voice command mod, or keyboard shortcuts.

Trevally.
06-10-11, 12:54 PM
Yes - all dials works and if you also add the voice commands, you can set your TDW-UI to be clear.

Take a look at this post and watch some of the vids.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1635744&postcount=46

Check out some other vids by stoianm. His thread is a sticky on the SH5:up:

THE_MASK
06-10-11, 04:51 PM
Try finishing the tutorial mission first and get the green tick in the bunker before installing any mods . You dont get all the interface , deck crew until the tutorial is finished .