PDA

View Full Version : Have I a problem with Magnum Opus ?

cigarswimmer
04-20-11, 01:33 AM
Hi all,

I am new on SH5, because I had abandoned it few days after its release while waiting for your greats mods.

I installed the following mods:
- Magnum opus v.0.01 and its patch Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1_Patch_2
- and NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith

I wonder if I have some problems:
- It looks like dials are too big and encroach too much on the periscope's sight, compared with some screen shot seen on your forum.
- Also it seems that the second officer's pop up, when we use the periscope, is too impressive and annoying.
- Is it possible to move the bar officers on the side or at the top of the screen, even toggle it on/off ?

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/781/43289024.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/43289024.jpg/)

What do you think about it, and if i'm right, what I have to do?

Thanks to all

P.S: To the moders, you make a fantastic work !

stoianm
04-20-11, 02:17 AM
What is the resolution of your monitor?... if you have not use an wrong scope patch i think you should upgrade your monitor..... about the XO dialo oficer... when is pop up on the screen just press key ''L'' and he will move on the bottom right corner.... also you can move your scope mask and you can use not all the dials ... like this you will make some order on your scope view interface... if you have time watch this tutorial:

20) How to use the MO or the TDW interface in SH5 ==> Link (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1631622&postcount=36)

cigarswimmer
04-20-11, 03:05 AM
Thank you for your answer Stoianm

My monitor's resolution is 1024x768 on a lcd 17' and i use the 4/3 scope patch .
If I am not mistaken, The whole was installed Correctly with the assistance of your video tutorial.
I'll take a look on your "how to"

thx

jwilliams
04-20-11, 04:07 AM
Hi all,

I am new on SH5, because I had abandoned it few days after its release while waiting for your greats mods.

I installed the following mods:
- Magnum opus v.0.01 and its patch Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1_Patch_2
- and NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith

I wonder if I have some problems:
- It looks like dials are too big and encroach too much on the periscope's sight, compared with some screen shot seen on your forum.

This is due to your low screen resolution. Can you increase you screen resolution?
You could also true using minimal TDC mode, if using a higher screen resolution is not possible.

- Also it seems that the second officer's pop up, when we use the periscope, is too impressive and annoying.

Again your screen resolution does not help.
As stoianm suggested. "L" key to move to bottom right.

Also there is an option in TDW UI's to make the XO TDC box draggable.

First you need to deactivate the mod with JSGME.

Then edit the Useroptions.
Use Notepad or Notepad++ (Notepad++ displays the line Number)

NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Scripts\Menu \TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

line 853
# Is the XO TDC dialog box draggable?
# If the XO TDC dialog box is draggable then the feature of the XO TDC dialog box dynamically repositioning
# based on messagebox visibility is disabled.
# change below to either True or False
XOTDCDialogDraggable = True
Then reactivate the mod using JSGME.

- Is it possible to move the bar officers on the side or at the top of the screen, even toggle it on/off ?

Yes. The officers bar is draggable. If you hover the mouse pointer slightly above the officers bar, the pointer should change to a move icon. Simple press and hold left mouse button and drag the officers bar to a better position.
You can also have this bar scroll out of the way using the useroptions or hide on keypress.

Line 898
# when user presses a key, does the order bar hide itself or stay visible?
# set to True to have order bar hide itself when key is pressed
HideOrderBarOnKeyPress = False

# do the officers scroll down when moused out and scroll up when moused in?
OfficersScroll = False

There are a few other options, like having the officers bar scroll off screen and scroll back when mouse is near. From line 872

What do you think about it, and if i'm right, what I have to do?

Thanks to all

P.S: To the moders, you make a fantastic work !

See yellow above. Hope this helps.

:salute:

StarTrekMike
04-20-11, 10:41 AM
I have to deal with this also, I kinda wish that it was scaled to 1024-768 but I understand that almost nobody is dealing with a older monitor these days.

I do intend to get another one, I just gotta wait to be able to afford it.

Mike

TheDarkWraith
04-20-11, 10:46 AM
Some ideas to regain screenspace:

- You can hide the messagebox and move it. There are hotkeys for this
- You can use the TDC buttons in the scope box to change TDC modes (All dials, minimal, spread, none)
- You can hide the XO TDC dialog by clicking the XO picture in the extended top right bar

cigarswimmer
04-20-11, 01:55 PM
so I need a new screen
Thank you all for your answer

minispace
04-20-11, 03:55 PM
I usually play at 1152×864 or 1280×960, so some of these tips will help me out, too. Thanks!

Zedi
04-20-11, 04:06 PM
Some ideas to regain screenspace:

- You can hide the messagebox and move it. There are hotkeys for this
- You can use the TDC buttons in the scope box to change TDC modes (All dials, minimal, spread, none)
- You can hide the XO TDC dialog by clicking the XO picture in the extended top right bar

Or try to put everything into the extendable torpedo panel on left side and let the right side for the scope. All those floating dials all over the screen are just wrong.

Rafael
04-20-11, 05:13 PM
so I need a new screen
Thank you all for your answer

Or try (a cheaper way :DL) "Amat Victoria Curam", also a supermod for SH5.

The UI is different and dials are only shown when periscope is raised and a target is in your view.

I use 1440 x 900 (Mac Notebook), but I don't know about your resolution. Just give it a try.

Link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180415

Good Luck! :salute: