PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard suggestion

Gargamel
04-06-11, 04:27 PM
Make it overall, weekly and daily.

I doubt we're going to play this enough (it is rather simple and the newness wears off fairly quickly) to have useful daily leaderboards.

Overall would be nice so we can compare what we've done in the past to others, and against our own past results.

Molon Labe
04-06-11, 04:36 PM
Wow, I didn't even notice they posted any.

I'm listed under Gator, but I played that campaign through on opening night and haven't been back to it since. I'm doing Shark today.

CCIP
04-06-11, 04:44 PM
Ah, so it just went live. The scores I submitted earlier didn't show, though.

Just to be clear... does "today" mean "high scores made today" or "high scores made up to and including today"? It seems like the latter to me...

Molon Labe
04-06-11, 04:49 PM
The score it's showing for me is at least two days old.

Gargamel
04-06-11, 05:13 PM
I dont see the point in having a 'todays' leader board anyways. It's not like this is angry birds or anything where there's millions of people playing every day. So far it seems like just a handful of us.

Molon Labe
04-06-11, 06:54 PM
Another weird thing... those are apparently cumulative scores, as they are bigger than any single mission. Is is cumulative for the campaign, or is it cumulative for all the missions that you've played for that version?

The timing is odd too, I now have scores from today and two days ago posted, but not my scores from one day ago.

Gargamel
04-06-11, 07:13 PM
Another weird thing... those are apparently cumulative scores, as they are bigger than any single mission. Is is cumulative for the campaign, or is it cumulative for all the missions that you've played for that version?

The timing is odd too, I now have scores from today and two days ago posted, but not my scores from one day ago.

Somebody posted somewhere those are cumulative for the campaign.

Molon Labe
04-06-11, 07:47 PM
So if fail once and have to play one twice, do they take the highest? Average?

What if you play the campaign again? Again, average/highest? Do they substitute individual mission scores or is the full 4-mission package required again before they'll rescore?

fusoya77
04-06-11, 09:59 PM
There is a couple of things needed to be on the leaderboard.

1. You have the correct registered username (on DARPA's site) as the username in the main menu of the game. (this must be exactly the same)

2. Entered in the correct password when sending your results in.

3. have sent in results for all missions 1-4 at least once for a single campaign

If you send in repeats of missions with higher or lower score it takes a look at all of your results and picks the highest one for that mission for the campaign.

The leaderboard shows the results of all previous scores.

Gargamel
04-06-11, 10:03 PM

all or that day as the page says?

fusoya77
04-06-11, 10:21 PM
all or that day as the page says?

all (all time score), If your are referring to the leaderboard page "Today’s ACTUV Tactics Simulator leaders are: " then that just means it is updated everyday.

Gargamel
04-06-11, 10:44 PM
all (all time score), If your are referring to the leaderboard page "Today’s ACTUV Tactics Simulator leaders are: " then that just means it is updated everyday.

Cool thanks.

While you're here.... could you answer some of the scoring discrepancies we've found in the scoring thread?

Thanks!

Molon Labe
04-06-11, 11:20 PM
There is a couple of things needed to be on the leaderboard.

1. You have the correct registered username (on DARPA's site) as the username in the main menu of the game. (this must be exactly the same)

2. Entered in the correct password when sending your results in.

3. have sent in results for all missions 1-4 at least once for a single campaign

If you send in repeats of missions with higher or lower score it takes a look at all of your results and picks the highest one for that mission for the campaign.

Thanks, Lunarian! 1 might be why I have some scores and not others. Strangely, though, my Gator score I did as "Molon Labe" but logged in as "MolonLabe" (the correct login) and that DID post. My Remora campaign I played as MolonLabe and reported as MolonLabe and that did not post. :hmmm: Maybe a crash prevented transmission... I could just do it over.

Quick followup... what information is being sent to DARPA? The mission log? Replay? Something else?

Thanks again for the info.

CCIP
04-07-11, 05:06 PM
Just out of curiosity: are the leaderboard scores only for complete campaigns (i.e. all 4 missions) submitted? Judging by the scores, that's what it looks like. Which explains why I'm not on there since I haven't quite finished all the campaigns yet, keep hopping between the ACTUVs...

-GrayOwl-
04-07-11, 05:24 PM
All is much easier than you think (Charge of prize-winning points).:)
http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=120710&postcount=1550

CCIP
04-07-11, 06:21 PM
All is much easier than you think (Charge of prize-winning points).:)
http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=120710&postcount=1550

Cool, but... what does that have to do with the leaderboard? :hmmm:

Gargamel
04-07-11, 07:46 PM
Cool, but... what does that have to do with the leaderboard? :hmmm:

Not even sure what it does mean.... Did he find a way to use the editor?.... :06:

CCIP
04-07-11, 09:12 PM
Not even sure what it does mean.... Did he find a way to use the editor?.... :06:

Pretty sure he mostly just found another way to rag about how bad at programming SCS is :O:

Hutch
04-08-11, 10:34 AM
In the interest of spicing up the leaderboard a bit, we have started including scores for users who have not completed the campaigns.

So, leaderboard scores are now the sum of your highest submitted score for each mission in the campaign, even if you haven't completed all of them.

Molon Labe
04-08-11, 10:35 AM
Bah! They've got everyone else's, why haven't they posted my Shark score!!!???

PS: Thanks for the info, Hutch... and for effectively bringing more people in

Hutch
04-08-11, 10:46 AM
Molon, I found and fixed the submission where you had a space in your name... but you have since dropped off the bottom of the board! Time to get back to work on that one :)

Gargamel
04-08-11, 10:47 AM
ML, in your insanely high Gator score? did you skip the breakoff point in the first mission and keep tracking? Theres no penalty for disobeying that order and you continue to rack up points.

Molon Labe
04-08-11, 12:11 PM
ML, in your insanely high Gator score? did you skip the breakoff point in the first mission and keep tracking? Theres no penalty for disobeying that order and you continue to rack up points.

I dunno... I suspect it's an error actually. I only seem to remember that showing 60k or so yesterday, and I haven't played it since day 1. But no, I haven't been maxing by disobeying orders.

EDIT: confirmed. My correct Gator score is 9508+19929+18929+22900=71266. I think Hutch messed something up.

Molon, I found and fixed the submission where you had a space in your name... but you have since dropped off the bottom of the board! Time to get back to work on that one :)
If I submitted any with a space, it was in Gator. It's my Shark score that's missing, and it should be in the 80k+ range. But I'm doing it again now, so hopefully that will take care of that issue.

EDIT: confirmed. My correct Shark score is 9841+28604+29002+33000=100447. That includes the latest run, but my score should not have improved more than a few thousand points---definitely not enough for the score that's 2-3 days old now not to have appeared.

Although, I suppose it's possible that the logs being kept by the program on my machine are wrong too, as 100447 is also apparently my Triton score, according to the leaderboard. That's too big a coincidence, one of them must be wrong.

Gargamel
04-08-11, 03:08 PM
I think I got your Shark score, I have only done the first mission with the shark and the LDB has me down for a 82k score for 3rd place. It also is missing my Gator score, which was >75k. and was the first set of misisons I completed.