PDA

View Full Version : My boat does not dive correctly.

StarTrekMike
04-05-11, 03:07 PM
I seem to have encountered a interesting problem, when I select a depth on the TDW multiple UI depth meter (the one from the SH3 interface) it seems to dive short of what I wanted by about 2 or 3 meters.

Also when I select a depth from the sidebar (periscope depth) it takes me to 10 meters as opposed to 12.

this started happening after I upgraded some crew abilities but I did not alter diving time or anything like that.

I am using MO with patch, IRAI, FX update and the multi-interface mod set to SH3 controls.

the fact that this started mid patrol has me wondering if altering crew abilities at all kinda messes up the whole process.

any thoughts or similer problems?

Mike

Jaguar
04-05-11, 03:23 PM
It happens to me as well. I just add the 2 absent meters in the sidebar, a little bit annoying when periscope depth is ordered but one can live with that.

TheBeast
04-05-11, 07:05 PM
Sounds like the dial texture being used does not match dial calibration or the dial texture may not be centered correctly.

StarTrekMike
04-05-11, 07:31 PM
I would understand that if it did not happen about half way into my patrol.

I installed all my mods again and I will use this as a excuse to restart the game in the "western approaches" part where I ended on my last long running game.

lets hope a refresh of the mod soup will kick that depth meter into calibration.

Mike

sirbum69
04-05-11, 08:32 PM
actully my UI from TDW has always done this, you order 20m it takes you to 18...If i remember correct its been like this forever...

StarTrekMike
04-05-11, 10:25 PM
this seems to be the first day that I have experienced it, removed and reloaded all my mods and it seems that it is still like that.

it is just a minor annoyance and I just kinda chalk it up to be part of my boats "personality" but it could become a problem when I am searching for the right depth and it gives me two or three meters less when I am in a critical moment.

TDW, you got any ideas about this issue?

Mike

jwilliams
04-06-11, 12:32 AM
My dive depth has gone like this too. 2 Meters short of what i ordered. :hmmm:

I'm sure it never used to be like this, but i could be wrong.:06:

StarTrekMike
04-06-11, 12:47 AM
like I said, this started mid patrol and the only new mod I am using is the additional upgrades mod that TheBeast just released (along with the fix for zero renown that goes with it)

I have unloaded and reloaded all mods and it still seems to give that problem.

if I was not going so well in my game I would start removing some, as it stands I really can't and find the problem far less harmful then the solution.

That said, I still kinda wish it had a solution that I am missing.

Mike

Krauter
04-06-11, 01:24 AM
Give it time and your boat will settle down the last few meters. Unless of course this is a while after you've ordered a specific depth.

StarTrekMike
04-06-11, 05:04 PM
I have turned on TC to skip ahead because that was my first thought also, I also waited it out real time for awhile...no dice.

This is such a odd problem.

Mike

TheBeast
04-07-11, 02:47 PM
Could you list your MOD's for me. I think one may have the Slightly positive Bouyancy MOD from SHIII to SHIV Submarine Physics. This does not work correctly in SH5 and you always end up 1-3 meters shallow from odered depth at 30 meters deep. If you dive to 100 meters I think you only go to around 89 meters.
The slightly posative bouyancy was suppose to make you very slowly float back to surface if you go all stop for a long time but it doesn't.

Teiwaz
04-07-11, 04:56 PM
Could you list your MOD's for me. I think one may have the Slightly positive Bouyancy MOD from SHIII to SHIV Submarine Physics. This does not work correctly in SH5 and you always end up 1-3 meters shallow from odered depth at 30 meters deep. If you dive to 100 meters I think you only go to around 89 meters.
The slightly posative bouyancy was suppose to make you very slowly float back to surface if you go all stop for a long time but it doesn't.

Same problem here (and I'm almost certain it is caused by the same mod), so I'll post my list too:

A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51 (Weathered)
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1_Patch2
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_New_radio_messages_German
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Black_Ski n
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Sub_Warship_Merchant_Same_Shape
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_U-Jagd_Chrono
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Symbols
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Tails
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_No_Color_Dashed_Contact_Line
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_No_Contact_Tails
FX_Update_0_0_16_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_16_UHS_Fix
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_1_0_0_TheDarkWr aith
AirTorpedoes
Nauticalwolf's_Torpedo_Textures_v1.2
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
IO_StrategicMap_4_1_for_TDWv640&MO
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Kriegsmarine Regular Style
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - add-on - Large Style Ruler
nVidia missing lights
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
Trans-Atlantic_Radio
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional NavMap babelling
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional No Magic Skills mod german dialogs
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3
Capthelms SH5 Audio Mod
Krauters Automated Scripts (v5_0_0 compatible)
Manos Scopes-patch for 8x5
sobers real trees
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.5
Real Environment - Revision_2
sobers & stoianm base fog mechanics V16 SH5
stoianm blue water and EnvNights compatible Real Environment - Revision_2

reaper7
04-07-11, 05:07 PM
Sounds like the dial texture being used does not match dial calibration or the dial texture may not be centered correctly.

As TheBeast stated In stock (And other UI's Dials) the dials.cfg start and end angles do not match the graphic angles 100% hence the little error in dive depth.

Therefore when you click on 20M that actual angle corresponds to 18M in the dials.cfg.

When I created my Dials for my Ui_Boat Mod I calibrated all the angle within Graphic Textures I made to the dial.cfg values to get them 100%. ;)

So stock and any UI's that copy the layout of the stock dial graphics and dial.cfg values will suffer this problem :yep:

Teiwaz
04-07-11, 05:48 PM
As TheBeast stated In stock (And other UI's Dials) the dials.cfg start and end angles do not match the graphic angles 100% hence the little error in dive depth.

Therefore when you click on 20M that actual angle corresponds to 18M in the dials.cfg.

When I created my Dials for my Ui_Boat Mod I calibrated all the angle within Graphic Textures I made to the dial.cfg values to get them 100%. ;)

So stock and any UI's that copy the layout of the stock dial graphics and dial.cfg values will suffer this problem :yep:

Well, that would explain why you wouldn't dive to 20m if you gave the command via depth dial, but - at least IMO - it does not explain why you would end up at 10m if you gave the "dive to periscope depth" command - which is configured in...ahm...some submarine related .cfg file :D

StarTrekMike
04-07-11, 07:25 PM
I am currently just running

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\Program Files\Ubisoft\silenthunter5\MODS]

Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Remove Steelvikings shadow mod
Open_Horizons
Lite Campaign LC 1.2
stoianm EnvNights and blue Atlantic water for MO
stoianm EnvWeather V1 SH5
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_0_byTheBeast
stoianm upgrade available mod comp Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_0_byTheBeast
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_UHS_Fix

hope we can get this all sorted, seems as though the detectives are on the case.

Mike

jwilliams
04-07-11, 07:59 PM
I am currently just running

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\Program Files\Ubisoft\silenthunter5\MODS]

Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 (do you have this patched??? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176123 )
Remove Steelvikings shadow mod
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith (This need to be after FX_update)
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting (This needs to be after FX_update & IRIA)
Open_Horizons
Lite Campaign LC 1.2
stoianm EnvNights and blue Atlantic water for MO
stoianm EnvWeather V1 SH5
stoianm upgrade available mod comp Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_0_byTheBeast
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith (This needs to be before Equipment upgrades)
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_UHS_Fix

hope we can get this all sorted, seems as though the detectives are on the case.

Mike

See yellow text above.

I don't think this is the cause of the depth problems but may help other issues.

Also my sub not going to correct depth has fixed itself after starting a new patrol. :woot:

So this problem may be a stock game bug and has nothing to do with mods. :hmmm:

:salute:

TheBeast
04-08-11, 12:33 AM
See yellow text above.

I don't think this is the cause of the depth problems but may help other issues.

Also my sub not going to correct depth has fixed itself after starting a new patrol. :woot:

So this problem may be a stock game bug and has nothing to do with mods. :hmmm:

:salute:

Fix problmes as described by jwilliams below and also add Depth_Keeping_Problem MOD by TheDarkWraith.
Sample Install order of effected MOD's that need install order moved.

FX_Update_0_0_16_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_16_UHS_Fix

Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_1_0_0_TheDarkWr aith

Equip Upgrades Fix AFFOE

StarTrekMike
04-08-11, 08:56 AM
can I change the order of my mods as described above while still on patrol, I imagine it would probably give a few problems.

If so I can cut this patrol short and return to port. I just hope I won't need to start a new game.

Mike

Teiwaz
04-08-11, 09:38 AM
can I change the order of my mods as described above while still on patrol, I imagine it would probably give a few problems.

If so I can cut this patrol short and return to port. I just hope I won't need to start a new game.

Mike

Very basic rule of thumb:
If it's GFX/eye candy/replacing(!) sound files, you can do it always. If it changes gameplay mechanics, do it at port.

So in your case: keeping the pat short and returning to port would be best IMO.

TheBeast
04-08-11, 09:40 AM

Mike
You should be ok making those change while on patrol. it does not Add anthing new, Change Campaign or Submarine Physics.