PDA

View Full Version : [REL] AOB slide ruller for TDW UIs and MO by stoianm

stoianm
03-26-11, 11:52 AM
IULIAN.. TI-AM PRINS NAVA LA COSTINESTI.. O SA O SCUFUND DE DATA ASTA PT CA NU AI ADUS VIN!:) MAI TREBUIE SA ASTEPT PANA SA DEVENIM VECINI, SE PARE! :)

AOB slide ruller for TDW UIs and MO by stoianm

Install last after other mods.
Install with the mod enabler(jsgme)
anytime eithert in port or on patrol.

The mod is in 2 version: english and german... look inside the file to be sure that you choose the right version of the mod

This mod add in your interface in game (if you use TDW UIs or Magnum Opus) the AOB slide ruller that will help you to calculate the AOB using the RAOFB

AOB=(Aro/Arr)*100===>> read value in AOB slide ruller

Arr = horizontal marks/vertical marks (use RAOFB to obtain the marks - i recomand Manos scopes from TDW UIs)

Aro = Ship Lenght/Ship mast (use the SOAN to find these values)

If the ship is heading to your direction than AOB = value from AOB slide ruller
If the ship is heading away to your direction than AOB = value from AOB slide ruller + 90 degrees

To learn how to use this AOB slide ruller you can watch this video tutorial:

VIDEO-TUTORIAL (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1628310&postcount=73)

DOWNLOAD (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3106)

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/stoianm/AOBslideRuller.jpg

pascal4541
03-26-11, 02:03 PM
:up: Great mod and a big thank you for the excellent vidéo-tutorial

ETsd4
03-26-11, 02:51 PM
Thxs. Nice mod. Nice video-tutorial.

ingsoc84
03-27-11, 10:26 PM
Hello Stoianm..enjoy your utube posts with the tutorials...very helpful..you showed one a while back.where you show how to plot course with the standard navigations tools..my question is..what are the mods you have installed that give you the nice upper right hand graphis...and all the top upper left and right icons? Im using fairly stock mods that dont have any of the darkwraith guage mods...I had some conflics..but do like the mods you have installed..and also..there is a mod your using I think which allows you to hear a morse code message..then you bring up the message on a small noteboard.instead of having to go to the stock game radioman message reporting.which is a bit confusing. thanks much!

stoianm
03-28-11, 12:50 AM
Hello Stoianm..enjoy your utube posts with the tutorials...very helpful..you showed one a while back.where you show how to plot course with the standard navigations tools..my question is..what are the mods you have installed that give you the nice upper right hand graphis...and all the top upper left and right icons? Im using fairly stock mods that dont have any of the darkwraith guage mods...I had some conflics..but do like the mods you have installed..and also..there is a mod your using I think which allows you to hear a morse code message..then you bring up the message on a small noteboard.instead of having to go to the stock game radioman message reporting.which is a bit confusing. thanks much!
can you post what video you are talking about and i will tell you what mod give you that?... but i use MO and i install after the TDW interface v6.4

ingsoc84
03-28-11, 01:27 AM
Sure..I'll also post some of my list of mods..cuz some may interfere with the TDW ..I had problems figuring out how to install them maybe.

For example..the icons in the Upper right corner..and the ones that then go in the upper right down vertically...which mod is that? here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krfazsu6lQk&feature=related

stoianm
03-28-11, 01:31 AM
Sure..I'll also post some of my list of mods..cuz some may interfere with the TDW ..I had problems figuring out how to install them maybe.
k then... post them here:up:

ingsoc84
03-28-11, 01:43 AM
My List of MOds:

Accurate German Flags
Dooms Decks VIIabc v 1.4
Enhanced Funnel smoke by hans solo78
Environment 1.2 mod
Volume SH5
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Subflags 006 by the Dark Wraith
SteelVikings Intermod 1.2
Steelvinings and com underwater mod 1.0
RXO Keyboard
Clock and Limited stopwatch 1.0
DBSM 1.4
IO stragetic map 3 for stock
German Uboat crew language pack
MightyFineCrew mod 1.2.1 alt w/beards
Stoianm envnights

NO different guages.but I like the older guages.and how yours are set up

stoianm
03-28-11, 01:53 AM
My List of MOds:

Accurate German Flags
Dooms Decks VIIabc v 1.4
Enhanced Funnel smoke by hans solo78
Environment 1.2 mod
Volume SH5
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Subflags 006 by the Dark Wraith
SteelVikings Intermod 1.2
Steelvinings and com underwater mod 1.0
RXO Keyboard
Clock and Limited stopwatch 1.0
DBSM 1.4
IO stragetic map 3 for stock
German Uboat crew language pack
MightyFineCrew mod 1.2.1 alt w/beards
Stoianm envnights

NO different guages.but I like the older guages.and how yours are set up
than i will sugest you to install MO and some mods after... to make an ideea here is my mods list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_15_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_15_UHS_Fix
FX_Update_0_0_15_BARF_1_3_Full_Fix
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
AirTorpedoes
Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_1_0_0_TheDarkWr aith
Church's SHV 1.01 Keyboard Commands v1.1
1 degree bearing RibAr
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
AIR Missions
Black_Skin_albrecht
Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.2 - Option Two
Church's NavMap v1.0 - Illyustrator's Version
Convoy
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
EnahncedFunnelSmoke1.2_SH5
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - double set - Large plus Flat Style
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
Gramophone
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Icebergs v2.4
Lite Campaign with Ice
Naights Submaine Textures (internal) v1.2(test)
Nauticalwolf's_Torpedo_Textures_v1.2
noir decks
North Atlantic Green 1.1
nVidia missing lights
Officers skin by Naights
Old Style Explosions V1.1
Patch1_Terrain_harbour_flags_Mod_v1_2_1
pescarus mod
Progress Bar for Fuel Batt Air CO2 and Push Buttons By Torpedo v1
Real Environment - Revision (reworked)
remove electric torp wake
renow_points_0_compatible a fistfull of emblems version_by stoianm
SD_MapCourseLine_tiny_arrows_ocred
SD_MapLocationNameFix_v1_1
Shadow Improvement Mod
soan
sobers base sky mechanics V1
sobers base wave mechanics V15 SH5
sobers real trees
SteelViking's Sky Banding Mod
Stoianm Scopes 16x9
TDC Graphics by Naights v1.0
SUB SIM FOR====Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_1_0_0_Th eDarkWraith
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
Torpedo Splash
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.5
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot patch
Trevally Tutorials - All v0.2 (for TDW UI)
Window_Lights_Redone_V1
Stormys dark torpedo body + dark OBS periscope shaft v1
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional -6db damped Sonarguy
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional NavMap babelling
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional remaining orig sounds converted to 22Khz
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3
Unterseeboot II SFX
sobers talking conning crew mod
stoianm sounds
stoianm key commands
apa pura
sobers 3D deck spray mod V7
hit and run
stoianm blue water and EnvNights compatible Real Environment - Revision
hydro periscope depth
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Real_Navigation
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Symbols
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Tails
sh5.exe patch (hydro) v0.0.3
Speech Recognition 1.4
Speech Recognition_v1.4_MiTons_NewUI_Editon _english

In your place i unninstall all mods and i will start with the mega mod Magnum Opus and after that i will install some other mods... pls look at this tutorial about MO:

stoianm How to configure and install Magnum Opus megamod for SH5

How-to-configure-and-install-Magnum-Opus-megamod-for-SH5-part1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IruuragVzY)

How-to-configure-and-install-Magnum-Opus-megamod-for-SH5-part2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMTS3lTZ7uM)

How-to-configure-and-install-Magnum-Opus-megamod-for-SH5-part3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px-uuhFo2rU)

regards

ingsoc84
03-28-11, 02:33 AM
Cool..many thanks..which mod gives you the nice snow/ice onthe ships during winter?

stoianm
03-28-11, 02:34 AM
Cool..many thanks..which mod gives you the nice snow/ice onthe ships during winter?
it is not a mod... it is just the game.. i am in an hystorical mission in that movie... ''in spite of everything'' is the name if i am remember well

Harbinger1
04-03-12, 07:12 PM
I just installed your AOB Ruler and it does not appear above the 2 charts I used GME and jsgme as usual without success. Do I need to de-activate any-part Of DarkWaith`s NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0? What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

Harbinger1
04-03-12, 09:28 PM
I got it working...thanks to all.

joegrundman
04-03-12, 11:00 PM
hi,

i don't understand what is happening here actually.

first i'd like to say that the new chart isn't actually a slide rule, since nothing actually slides. A slide ruler has a physically moving component. This is a chart.

On the other hand, the RAOBF is a slide ruler, since the middle wheel does slide.

But secondly I don't really understand why you are going to the trouble of measuring the aspect ratio of the target as shown in the recognition manual, and then comparing it with the measured aspect ratio as soon through the periscope.

This is the exact calculation that the RAOBF was designed to do in just a few seconds in the first place. Why not just use the RAOBF to do the whole operation as it has always been?

Or am I missing something?

Harbinger1
04-04-12, 12:18 AM
I`m playing these games to keep my mind active for example DCS A 10 Warthog with a manual of 700 pages which I read and learned the essentials. For me it`s the journey of learning more than getting the nomenclature correct. I did not choose the name "slide ruler," I only used the name the creator used to identify the MOD..take it up with Stoianm. I do know what a slide rule but correcting someone who worked so hard on giving us some great mods would be petty. You can check his tutorial which is located in an earlier post in this thread.

Harbinger1
04-04-12, 12:23 AM
I have already learned how to use RAOBF and I agree that it is faster but I want to make up my own mind as to which method is best for me.
Next is tackling the AOB dia.

joegrundman
04-04-12, 12:30 AM
I`m playing these games to keep my mind active for example DCS A 10 Warthog with a manual of 700 pages which I read and learned the essentials. For me it`s the journey of learning more than getting the nomenclature correct. I did not choose the name "slide ruler," I only used the name the creator used to identify the MOD..take it up with Stoianm. I do know what a slide rule but correcting someone who worked so hard on giving us some great mods would be petty. You can check his tutorial which is located in an earlier post in this thread.

sorry, i meant to address my post to Stoianm. Just so you know, I'm the guy who made the original RAOBF for SH3.

It's great that you are going to the trouble of learning to play the hard way :salute:

stoianm
04-04-12, 08:13 AM
hi mate... is a chart indeed but i learned that methode and i took the chart from a manual made by Hitman if i am not mistaken... this is a method called AOB aproches zero and i understood is more acurate than the methode used from real RAOFB....in that manual is named AOB slide ruller so i keept the same name... the name not bother me just i found the method very interesting

here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1586969&postcount=1

u have the methode detalied and as i say there:

''Note: all that i have writted here it is not my original ideea. I readed from all of these things on the internet and books and i puted all togheter in 1 pack.''

have a nice day
hi,

i don't understand what is happening here actually.

first i'd like to say that the new chart isn't actually a slide rule, since nothing actually slides. A slide ruler has a physically moving component. This is a chart.

On the other hand, the RAOBF is a slide ruler, since the middle wheel does slide.

But secondly I don't really understand why you are going to the trouble of measuring the aspect ratio of the target as shown in the recognition manual, and then comparing it with the measured aspect ratio as soon through the periscope.

This is the exact calculation that the RAOBF was designed to do in just a few seconds in the first place. Why not just use the RAOBF to do the whole operation as it has always been?

Or am I missing something?

joegrundman
04-04-12, 02:13 PM
Hi stoianm,

i'm pretty sure that mathematically, the method of comparing aspect ratios is identical to what happens in the RAOBF tool. I.e the RAOBF is also comparing aspect ratios.

The aspect ratio steps are as follows:

reference aspect ratio = length/height as shown in recog manual
visual aspect = length/height as shown in scope view

visual aspect/reference aspect * 100 = aob

the raobf procedure is as follows:

match reference length to range (range is already a function of reference and visual mast height)
observe aob next to visual length

the same components in the equation are there in both procedures, just in a different order :DL

Bon chance!

joe

giosam
09-22-13, 06:02 AM
Hi guys and sorry for my English
Here is my Mods list.

Accurate German Flags
DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 3.b Enhanced Visibility (high)
DynEnv v2.9 - 5.d Ambient Setting – Brighter Nights
DynEnv v2.9 - 12 Sounds
DynEnv v2.9 - No Underwater Impurity Patch
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_Real_Navigation
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith_Patch_1
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
Speech fixes and additions (english version)
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v3.1
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
Kriegsmarine Grid Map for MO and TWD UIs by stoianm

And TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_149_0
But I open the game and AOB slide ruller for TDW UIs and MO by stoianm and the Kriegsmarine Grid Map for MO and TWD UIs by stoianm
do not work. What I am doing wrong?
I change the order of Mods sometimes, and I don't know if I must start a new campaing or I can continue from the port.
Thanks a lot all the modders for their great job and Stoianm for the tutorials.

gap
09-22-13, 06:46 AM
Hi giosam and welcome aboard :salute:

- the AoB/Aspect Ratio chart (i.e. stoainm's "AOB slide ruller"), has been reworked graphically and included in Sjizzle's Charts mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2061371#post2061371) (part I):

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3899/aobaspectratio.jpg

- ditto for the Kriegsmarine grid map with convoys and Allied air coverage:

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/stoianm/SH3_MAP.jpg

Both charts available by clicking on the charts button of New UIs. Also note that a while back Illyustrator has released his Marine Quadrat Karte Mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//downloads.php?do=file&id=3925), which plots Kriegsmarine grids directly on the navigation map:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=386&pictureid=6314

Both mods fully compatible with New UI's 7.4.2 :up:

giosam
09-22-13, 07:31 AM
Thank you very much Gap for your help :D.

One last question because I am new to the game. Trying to solve the problem I disable all the mods and enable again. I must start new campaign or can I continue from the port? It is not important because I have done only the first mission of Total Germany (sink 50000 tons in British coastal waters).

Thank you again!:salute:

gap
09-22-13, 09:56 AM
Thank you very much Gap for your help :D.

One last question because I am new to the game. Trying to solve the problem I disable all the mods and enable again. I must start new campaign or can I continue from the port? It is not important because I have done only the first mission of Total Germany (sink 50000 tons in British coastal waters).

Thank you again!:salute:

If you have re-enabled exactly the same mods and in the same order, there shouldn't be problems in continuing your old campaign. Switching mod order or adding/removing mods, might cause problems when mods which affect the campaign are involved. Graphical mods (and few others) can be added/removed or shuffled, without any adverse effect on campaign.

If you want my personal opinion, I would restart the campaign from 0, adding at least Open Horizons II to your mod list :03:

giosam
09-22-13, 10:08 AM
Thank you again Gap for your valued advice :).

gap
09-22-13, 10:11 AM
Thank you again Gap for your valued advice :).

My pleasure matey :)

Aktungbby
09-22-13, 03:30 PM
My pleasure matey :)
As they say on the London Metros, "Mind the Gap!":arrgh!:

gap
09-22-13, 05:37 PM
As they say on the London Metros, "Mind the Gap!":arrgh!:

yep, it is likely that my nickname is quite inflactioned in London, especially on the Metro :O:

Ser-De
02-01-15, 07:30 AM
Hallo guys,

I have one question about this table,I do not have it in the game after installing the module AOB slide ruller for TDW UIs and MO by stoianm. (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3106&act=down)
I have
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith , and
NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_Real_Navigation installed.

I need something more???

The Best Regards.Hej.