PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Mission Editor

fitzcarraldo
03-24-11, 04:35 PM
Hi mates: Iīm a completely newbie in SH4 Mission editor, but I have some skill in the SH3 ME. When I open the SH4 ME, I obtain a black map. All the tools, menus, etc, are OK, but the window with the map is all black.

I try it with and without the ATI CCC activated and with diverse setups, and no positive result. I donīt know how to make work the damned editor!!! :damn::damn::damn::damn:

The SH3 ME, in the same PC, with the same ATI setup, etc, works fine...

Some help, please! I want to work in the RSRDC :up:

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

TorpX
03-25-11, 01:13 AM
To get a "map", you must open a new or already existing mission. For example: Alt, File, New mission. If you are already doing this and you still can't see any map, something is not right.

fitzcarraldo
03-25-11, 07:44 AM
To get a "map", you must open a new or already existing mission. For example: Alt, File, New mission. If you are already doing this and you still can't see any map, something is not right.

Thanks, TorpX. And yes: something isnīt right. I open several MIS files, but the map ever is black...

Best regards.

CapnScurvy
03-25-11, 08:51 AM
I feel your pain!! Although I've not got an answer for you. :88)

For some reason with my Vista operating system computer using an ATI 4850 graphic card I'll get the mission to appear but when I try to use the measuring device, the attempt to drag the mouse from one point to another opens up a "white box" that shows multiple lines and distances (so many that its impossible to read anything). For this reason I went back to using my other computer, a Windows XP using an ATI 4600 series video card, with no problem when using the editor.

What's it all mean?!? I don't know, but the older card works fine with the editor while the newer one does not.

fitzcarraldo
03-25-11, 11:28 AM
I feel your pain!! Although I've not got an answer for you. :88)

For some reason with my Vista operating system computer using an ATI 4850 graphic card I'll get the mission to appear but when I try to use the measuring device, the attempt to drag the mouse from one point to another opens up a "white box" that shows multiple lines and distances (so many that its impossible to read anything). For this reason I went back to using my other computer, a Windows XP using an ATI 4600 series video card, with no problem when using the editor.

What's it all mean?!? I don't know, but the older card works fine with the editor while the newer one does not.

Many thanks, Scurvy. The problem is I try to use the ME without run the CCC. I think without the CCC the graphic card donīt charge the options. The ME have the black map with and without the CCC running...:damn:

I tried the ME with and without modded SH4. With SH4 1.4 and 1.5, pure stock, the ME also have the black map :wah::wah::wah:

Best regards.

Jan Kyster
03-25-11, 01:09 PM
What settings are you using in CCC?

Mine:
AA 16x
AF 16x
A.I. standard (=dual GPU enable)
MM HQ
Sync On
AAmode SSAA
OGL Triple On

Ver. 10.9.
If I use newer versions I get horrible double-image at hydrophone station.
Unless using AA 16x or disabling one GPU... :shifty:

fitzcarraldo
03-25-11, 03:37 PM
What settings are you using in CCC?

Mine:
AA 16x
AF 16x
A.I. standard (=dual GPU enable)
MM HQ
Sync On
AAmode SSAA
OGL Triple On

Ver. 10.9.
If I use newer versions I get horrible double-image at hydrophone station.
Unless using AA 16x or disabling one GPU... :shifty:

The same settings, but I use 11.2 CCC...With 11.2 all works fine, but the ME, with black map. SH4 with good graphics, no problems.

Downloading now the 10.9 from AMD site, I will try with it.

Many thanks.

Jan Kyster
03-25-11, 08:10 PM
If not too late before you're "downgrading", could you first try disabling A.I. (tick the box)? :D

If same, then enable again and try setting set AA Mode to AMSA...

Thanks in advance! :salute:

Armistead
04-01-11, 06:49 PM
Mine often comes up black, I simply put the cursor on it and click a few times and it goes to normal....not sure what it is for me.