PDA

View Full Version : Ship wreck disappear time

danzig70
03-23-11, 10:57 AM
Is there a way to make ship wrecks last until at least to the end of a patrol? I would like to simulate navigational hazards.

Herr-Berbunch
03-23-11, 11:24 AM
Can't help, but I do hope you can! :yeah:

fitzcarraldo
03-23-11, 02:26 PM
Is there a way to make ship wrecks last until at least to the end of a patrol? I would like to simulate navigational hazards.

Interesting questions...Waiting some answer :hmmm:

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Jimbuna
03-27-11, 09:44 AM
The way the game engine is programmed means that is only possible in shallow depths because the rendering of the objects ceases somewhere in the region of 300 metres.

Gargamel
03-27-11, 01:27 PM
The way the game engine is programmed means that is only possible in shallow depths because the rendering of the objects ceases somewhere in the region of 300 metres.

Does that affect if the boat is deeper than 300m? I remember not finding crush depth with the XXI I played. Would extreme depths affect render range?

danzig70
03-28-11, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Perhaps I can add a sunken ship (docked ship with negative elevation) via the map editor? I will give it a try.

Jimbuna
03-28-11, 03:50 PM
Does that affect if the boat is deeper than 300m? I remember not finding crush depth with the XXI I played. Would extreme depths affect render range?

It is possible the render range is even more...I honestly can't remember for sure atm.

Schwieger
03-28-11, 09:02 PM

Is it possible to remove this limit?

Jimbuna
03-29-11, 03:34 PM
Is it possible to remove this limit?

Not as far as I am aware, I believe it to be hard coded.