PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to eliminate Tonnage requirements all together?

Grifty_mcgrift
03-16-11, 10:32 AM
Hello,

I was just curious if a mod existed or if it's possible to make one that completely eliminates tonnage requirements during the campaign. I know there are already mods that reduce tonnage requirements, which is great, but I would like to see these quota's gone all together. The reason is: I find having these quota's really takes away from the immersion in the game. I sometimes become distracted with having to sink so many ships on a patrol that I all I care about is sinking as many ships as I can, and I will reload previous saves to make sure I sink more than I did before, or I do reckless things like surfacing and using the deck gun. It really takes away from the experience.

Would it be possible to go back to a similar system like in SH3, where you just have to patrol a certain area? I was thinking, for example, what if the missions during say British Coastal Waters, or Western Approaches, involved patrolling those areas say 5 times. After surviving 5 patrols, the mission is considered a success, and whatever tonnage you racked up is like a bonus. I highly doubt U-boat captains had quotas like this. Reading up on some U-boat commanders, some of them completed over 10 patrols without sinking a single ship. Were they kicked out of the Kreigsmarine? I doubt it.

Also, what even happens when you reach the deadline and haven't sunk enough tonnage? Is the mission a failure? Do you have to redo it? I haven't even gotten that far to find out, but I would much rather just have tonnage quota's gone all together. I think it would add a lot more immersion into the game. Just some thoughts. Thanks everyone.

oscar19681
03-16-11, 12:13 PM
The game isnt forcing you do meet those quota,s you know? Reaching the quotas just speeds up some aspects of the land war. You can play it like sh-3 if you really want to and you dont have to redo the missions if you dont make them. I tend to do the missions which are somewhat realistic. But i just dont bother sink this battle ship or destroy 5 armed merchants before this deadline because i just find then unrealistic. I ussually try to meet the tonnage missions as much as possible.