PDA

View Full Version : Unable to install any mods

spugnoid
03-15-11, 02:14 PM
What am I doing wrong? Firstly, I am running Vista x64 (yes I know, :down:) with 4 Gb RAM. I tried to install Magnum Opus via JSGME but it didn't work. Now I'm trying to just install NewUIS 6.40 and have tried 6.37. Nothing works! I edit the options file and make changes that I want, I've watched the tutorial videos and done everything the same. Still doesn't work. My mod folder is /Ubisoft/MODS and JSGME is setup to use it and I can see all the mods in JSGME and they appear to install fine, but when I log in, whether I'm at sea, in the bunker or start a new campaign, nothing is enabled :wah:. I have been trying for almost a week several hours a day. I have done searches in the forum but can't find anyone with this problem.

I did purchase the download version of the game and have it patched to 1.2

Any ideas?

Spugnoid

stoianm
03-15-11, 02:17 PM
What am I doing wrong? Firstly, I am running Vista x64 (yes I know, :down:) with 4 Gb RAM. I tried to install Magnum Opus via JSGME but it didn't work. Now I'm trying to just install NewUIS 6.40 and have tried 6.37. Nothing works! I edit the options file and make changes that I want, I've watched the tutorial videos and done everything the same. Still doesn't work. My mod folder is /Ubisoft/MODS and JSGME is setup to use it and I can see all the mods in JSGME and they appear to install fine, but when I log in, whether I'm at sea, in the bunker or start a new campaign, nothing is enabled :wah:. I have been trying for almost a week several hours a day. I have done searches in the forum but can't find anyone with this problem.

Any ideas?

Spugnoid
i dunno if that is the problem but i have my mods in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS

TheDarkWraith
03-15-11, 02:20 PM
JSGME needs to be installed in your \Silent Hunter 5 folder. Once it's installed there and you run it for the first time it will ask to create a new folder. Use the default folder it suggests (MODS). This will create the following folder structure: ...\Silent Hunter 5\MODS. Now you place all your mods in the MODS folder. Once in the MODS folder open up each individual mod's main folder. The very first folder you should see is \data from it. If you don't then the mod isn't installed correctly. My MO and UIs mods use a double folder architecture which bites everyone in the butt initially.

Mick W
03-15-11, 02:21 PM

Any ideas?

Spugnoid

The MODS directory needs to be within the Silent Hunter 5 directory :up:

spugnoid
03-15-11, 02:36 PM
Thank you all very much! :salute: When I moved the MODS folder to the correct location it worked first time.:damn:

Trevally.
03-15-11, 02:38 PM
My MO and UIs mods use a double folder architecture which bites everyone in the butt initially.

:haha: