PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding custom models

Bramtyr
03-06-11, 05:50 AM
Just recently upgraded to SH5, and haven't looked at the Subsim modding community for a while.

I am only seeing a very small handful of ship model packs (Such as the ones from Cerberus62) -far less than existed for SH3&4. What does this entail?

Have just very few been made so far?
Are ship models from SH4 compatible with SH5?

I'm not seeing a thread which is a list of additional ship mods. Should I make one? Or am I blind.

James Cook
03-06-11, 07:31 AM
there aint no additional ships for sh5 so far, because it is nearly impossible to import new 3d models because of coding issues! look up privateers gr2 thread, he managed to develop a "little" tool, maybe some talented modders will be able to use it in near future...

but until then: :damn:

Bramtyr
03-06-11, 01:24 PM
That is a huge bummer. So I take it mods are limited to reskins mostly then?

Church SUBSIM
03-06-11, 01:40 PM
Umm ... no. In many ways, this installment of the game has proven to be even more modable than previous, in others, it has more limitations (for the time being).

Make sure you check out the Magnum Opus beta (MO) and the new Interfaces mods by TheDarkWraith (TDW) as well as the work others are doing.

The past few weeks have seen some remarkable mods in regards to AI, effects, Sub performance, AI performance, Weather enhancements, etc.

It seems that the ability to import GR2 remains an issue, but word on the street is that is making progress.

Coming back to SH after an extended break is daunting at first. Recommend a good cup of coffee, a few hours of reading the forums. Not a lot of fun but trust me, this game is nothing like it was in March of 2010.

Bramtyr
03-06-11, 08:55 PM
Thanks, Church. Its crazy how lost one can be in just a year away from the forums. I produced two radio station mods, (Glasgow & New Orleans) then got side tracked by life and what not, and now that I finally have a rig that will play SH5, decided to get back in the swing of things.

I spent this morning reading Privateer's long thread on coding the tools that will hopefully soon allow conversion of models to a SH5 format. (crossing fingers)

I'll definitely try out Magnum Opus, and the new interface, as the stock SH5 one i tried when firing up the game the first time last night made me blow chunks.

Any other forum threads that immediately come to mind you'd recommend?