PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] envweather for sh5

stoianm
03-01-11, 11:28 AM
I think that we have to manny fog days in sh5 and the weather it is no change too often... it is too static somethimes

A good friend of mine pointed me in the wright direction and i have an WIP for an mod where i try to make the wheter timming interval to be immersive related to the climate zones and sesons but i need help and sugestions

How often it is changing the wather on the atlantic in situation like this:

1) polar - winter
- spring
- summer
- autum

1) temperate - winter
- spring
- summer
- autum

1) tropical - winter
- spring
- summer
- autum

i have not skills to controll the random factor that the game use in the situations when give us the weather type after each time interval:hmmm:

i am thinkin at a awsome mod who was mahe by H.sie for sh3 and maybe someone with programming skils can to adapt this for sh5 or to do something like that with the ,,insertion dll'' made by TDW

here it is the bad weather mod by H.sie

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177507&page=14

so if we combine the mod that i have in work with something like this we could have an awsome weather mod for sh5

thanks

Zedi
03-01-11, 11:48 AM
2) a FOG_COUNTER that counts the number of weather periods with fog.

If FOG_COUNTER reaches a certain randomly chosen maximum value (see below), the fix reduces clouds and thus fog.

The maximum value for FOG_COUNTER is randomly chosen between
1 weather period (chance: 50%),
2 weather periods (chance: 33%) and
3 weather periods (chance: 17%).

This is the part Im interested, there is just too much fog right now.. drives me crazy. Ask the author and try to take over that mod and see if you can fit it in SH5.

stoianm
03-01-11, 11:51 AM
This is the part Im interested, there is just too much fog right now.. drives me crazy. Ask the author and try to take over that mod and see if you can fit it in SH5.
i already asked but unfortunatelly he not play sh5 and he think sh5 is diferent from sh3

i looked at his mod but it is to complicate for me... to control the game engine:D