PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Please read

Sledgehammer427
02-23-11, 01:00 AM
I Just got my computer back up from my hometown and I fired up SHV on my flatscreen TV with 5.1 surround...

and I'm getting 8 fps in the external view.

my computer can barely run SHV, I know.

2.4 ghz dual core processor
ATI HD3450 with 512 VRAM (AGP) ((overclocked as well))
and
3 gigs of ram, in dual-channel slots

So since I got the game I've been waiting on some kind of FPS improvements.

Are there any mods out that will bump up the framerate even a smidge?

Obelix
02-23-11, 02:26 AM
I Just got my computer back up from my hometown and I fired up SHV on my flatscreen TV with 5.1 surround...

and I'm getting 8 fps in the external view.

my computer can barely run SHV, I know.

2.4 ghz dual core processor
ATI HD3450 with 512 VRAM (AGP) ((overclocked as well))
and
3 gigs of ram, in dual-channel slots

So since I got the game I've been waiting on some kind of FPS improvements.

Are there any mods out that will bump up the framerate even a smidge?

Strange! My computer is a bit weaker than you, except for the video card - I have a GeForce 9500Gt 512mb (PCIE x16) but he copes with the game even at maximum graphics settings.

THE_MASK
02-23-11, 03:45 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1589598&postcount=866

Stormfly
02-23-11, 06:43 AM
hi,

- Inside TDW new UI`s archive, there is a special package including instructions to reduce frame ahead rendering using a DLL hook (D3D9 antilag from Kegetys)

- do you use a high screen resolution with your new flat ?... if so try to reduce anti aliasing and anti sotropic filtering using Catalyst control center. Use application settings for anti aliasing, disable adaptive AA, set anisotropic filtering to 2X, set Mipmap detail to "performance". Also try to reduce or disable anti aliasing from inside SH5 grafic options.

- From SH5 grafic options, try to disable 3D clouds, shadows, high water detail, enviromental effects, try to toggle vertical sync.

- On some systems, the ENV5 mod is a frame hog, someone posted a fix for that, but it isnt aviable any more. At current i use Enviroment Gold together with some special more performant textures of the misc folder.

- it could also be that your system is`nt performant enough to handle TDW`s new UI`s additional scripting, in this case you may try UI boat from Reaper7.

SashaKA001
02-23-11, 09:24 AM
AMD 64 3200 + 2,01 ГГц
2 Гб
ATI Radeon HD 3650 1 Гб

I finally can, and the system is weak and it gives more FPS. :D:D:D

panosrxo
02-23-11, 01:24 PM
You can't compare systems unless you know the resolution. So what is it? 1920x1080?? Try setting everything to minimum and see what is your framerate

Sledgehammer427
02-23-11, 01:37 PM
my resolution is 1280x1024, I'll try some smaller resolutions, but the TV itself is kinda funky with resolutions.
I tend to find something that works and then I try not to mess it up.

panosrxo
02-23-11, 01:54 PM
my resolution is 1280x1024, I'll try some smaller resolutions, but the TV itself is kinda funky with resolutions.
I tend to find something that works and then I try not to mess it up.

The resolution is ok for your configuration. Start by decreasing antialliasing and shadows.
!Also check the game without mods.

stoianm
02-23-11, 02:06 PM
The resolution is ok for your configuration. Start by decreasing antialliasing and shadows.
!Also check the game without mods.
i agree with you ... in a week pc antiallliasing and shadows is kiling the game

I would put antiallliasing at zero and shadows at middle