PDA

View Full Version : how to disable contact information on TAI and Navmap?

Mortimer
02-16-11, 07:30 PM
After I get a spotted contact the TAI and NAVmap shows all kind of information, like bearing, course, speed etc of the target.

Please help me disabling it.

mods currently active:
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
German U-Boat Hydrophone SFX
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_No_contact_shapes_or_colors_no_co ntact_line
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Color
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Symbols
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Tails
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_Waypoint_Contacts_Same_Shape
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_Waypoint_Contacts_Same_Shape_No_C olor
U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX
Unterseeboot SFX
Magnum_Opus_0_0_1 (patched)

stoianm
02-16-11, 08:39 PM
After I get a spotted contact the TAI and NAVmap shows all kind of information, like bearing, course, speed etc of the target.

mods currently active:
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
German U-Boat Hydrophone SFX
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_No_contact_shapes_or_colors_no_co ntact_line
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Color
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Symbols
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Tails
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_Waypoint_Contacts_Same_Shape
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_Waypoint_Contacts_Same_Shape_No_C olor
U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX
Unterseeboot SFX
Magnum_Opus_0_0_1 (patched)

i supose you can desable from the option.py

TheDarkWraith
02-16-11, 09:39 PM

I didn't make a user option available for disabling that info. I will add that to v6.4.0 though :up:

Mortimer
02-17-11, 05:34 PM
I didn't make a user option available for disabling that info. I will add that to v6.4.0 though :up:thx!:salute:
would be great to have changes made in "Configure NavMap/TAI features" saved on user.

got another small issue:

plotting course on either TAI or NAVmap reveals contacts and their estimated position during my course.
The moment I set the waypoint, the ships icons are gone. Know the problem?
The strange thing is I donīt get a contact report of these ships. My crewmen totally misses them.

to sum up, dont ever want visual information of my targets, want to calculate where
they are based on information from both crewmen and radio reports from HQ.

great work with the mod btw. In combination with the other great great mods this is for me Silent Hunter 6 . no 5 sucked. :)

TheDarkWraith
02-17-11, 09:54 PM
thx!:salute:
would be great to have changes made in "Configure NavMap/TAI features" saved on user.

got another small issue:

plotting course on either TAI or NAVmap reveals contacts and their estimated position during my course.
The moment I set the waypoint, the ships icons are gone. Know the problem?
The strange thing is I donīt get a contact report of these ships. My crewmen totally misses them.

to sum up, dont ever want visual information of my targets, want to calculate where
they are based on information from both crewmen and radio reports from HQ.

great work with the mod btw. In combination with the other great great mods this is for me Silent Hunter 6 . no 5 sucked. :)

edit the options file to remember the settings you changed on the TAI/Nav map. They're located under the xxx map settings.

The 'ghosting' problem you speak about is a stock game bug. I included some add-on mods in the UIs mod that you can enable to get rid of this :up:

Mortimer
02-18-11, 12:58 PM
edit the options file to remember the settings you changed on the TAI/Nav map. They're located under the xxx map settings.
Found "Page TAIMapFeatures.py" and "Page NavMapFeatures.py" under data/script/menu. Is this the right ones to edit?
If so, how do I enable/disable the features? Used to the "true/false"-method.

The 'ghosting' problem you speak about is a stock game bug. I included some add-on mods in the UIs mod that you can enable to get rid of this :up:

Remember the name of that add-on mod?

Thx a whole lot for having patience with me. Just want it perfect.:)

TheDarkWraith
02-18-11, 01:03 PM
These two sections in the options file (\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py):

##################################### Mini-Map (aka TAI map) (SH3/4/5 modes) ######################################

and

##################################### Nav-Map (aka Navigation Map) (SH3/4/5 modes) ######################################

define the map features at game start.

Mortimer
02-18-11, 01:05 PM
These two sections in the options file (\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py):

##################################### Mini-Map (aka TAI map) (SH3/4/5 modes) ######################################

and

##################################### Nav-Map (aka Navigation Map) (SH3/4/5 modes) ######################################

define the map features at game start.

ok, that made much more sense...:DL thx....again :DL

edit: now everything works like a charm. I bow in gratitude TDW!:yeah: